Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone purchased a home microdermabrasion machine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jyount
5% products discount

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
Im considering purchasing the Kendal Professional Diamond Microdermabrasion Machine HB-SF01 from Amazon. Any experiences? I know microderm doesnt work wonders, just wanting some exfolliation and softening.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I do. It is NuBrilliance and I love it. At first, I used it a few times a week and used it less as winter was approaching. I didn't want to over do it and I also use acid peels and with the combination of both, I am happy with my skin.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
In case you have not checked out this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45435
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:48 am      Reply with quote
daler wrote:

PMD quality is not the same as other at-home microdermabrasion machines.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
daler wrote:

PMD quality is not the same as other at-home microdermabrasion machines.

Nu Brilliance got a 2out of 5 on MUA

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=136348/Nu_Brilliance/0/Misc_Beauty_Tools

PMD-Personal Microderm got 4 out of 5 on MUA

http://w7x.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=139590/Personal-Microderm/Unlisted-Brand/Misc-Beauty-Tools

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Having purchased and used both the Nu Brilliance and the PMD, I can say hands down the PMD is superior to the nu brilliance.

Nu Brilliance, you have to change filters after each use, dimond tip (head) does not always fit right and make contact with the skin (had this issue over and over with the smallest head). Suction was not as stong as it is with the PMD. I actually threw out the Nu Brilliance after using the PMD.

PMD is smaller, more compact (like an electric toothbrush) easier to manuever, and the suction is alot stronger, therefore the treatment is better, IMO. You do not have to buy filters over and over, you just rinse and dry it.

They say what makes these (work as good as the Dr.'s versions) is the suction, so without good suction, you might as well use a good scrub.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
Having purchased and used both the Nu Brilliance and the PMD, I can say hands down the PMD is superior to the nu brilliance.

Nu Brilliance, you have to change filters after each use, dimond tip (head) does not always fit right and make contact with the skin (had this issue over and over with the smallest head). Suction was not as stong as it is with the PMD. I actually threw out the Nu Brilliance after using the PMD.

PMD is smaller, more compact (like an electric toothbrush) easier to manuever, and the suction is alot stronger, therefore the treatment is better, IMO. You do not have to buy filters over and over, you just rinse and dry it.

They say what makes these (work as good as the Dr.'s versions) is the suction, so without good suction, you might as well use a good scrub.

I never had those issues with NuBrilliance. I guess I am following the instructions correctly.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Tiny wrote:

I never had those issues with NuBrilliance. I guess I am following the instructions correctly.

I meant no offense Skincare, if you like it then great. Its not a bad machine, just not as powerful, or at least not in my opinion. I wish I'd kept mine, so I could give it to someone now. I had all the tips, INSTRUCTIONS, and tons of extra filters. Next time I prefer something different, I'll keep it, incase someone else could use it or even use parts of it.
jswham

Thu May 10, 2012 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello all,

Long time member, first time posting. I wanted to share my experience with everyone on this forum who are interested in purchasing a facial machine from ebay. I advise not purchasing from ebay, even if you think you will save a few hundred dollars. It didn't turn out that way for me.

I can't post a link yet but I purchased a Nova Newface NV-N96 6-in-1 Diamond Dermabrasion machine. You can probably google it. I bought it from a seller on ebay who informed me they were located in Canada so I didn't have to deal with a seller in Asia. Little did I know that the seller was also not very fluent in English so communication was very hard. For those who are curious who that seller is and want to avoid them, it is AOS Systems. They are located in Ontario. They don't offer any phone number for contacting them and their address is residential.
To reiterate how difficult it is to communicate with them, here is a sample of their email correspondence.

Quote:
"we forward those questions from manufacturer request for you even you directly contact them, cuz many users first time hard to handle those multi-functions machine until a certain time. engineer went through yr words and express the machine run normal, on machine brand name is their register brand, we forward your questions to them mean we still work for you here, within one year the manufacturer still cover the machine, the contact information as follow, don't worry about it, we don not hidden about it."

Now, I can understand the gist of this message but it is still not 100% clear to me.
The message above was a response to my inquiry about why the machine keeps resetting itself. Instead of offering to give me a an exchange, even when I asked about it, the seller insisted that the unit was working as it should be. My problem with the machine was that the functions would automatically turn themselves off so I had to reset them. It wasn't a user error, I assure you. The machine doesn't take long to figure out how to use it. You turn the power on, choose a function such as microderm, then choose power and pick your time. Make sure the function says On next to it and you're good to go. Apparently my unit came with glitches and or faulty wiring or chip. The seller dragged it out and fortunate for me, before the 14 days were up, the unit just did not work and I submitted an online video with PROOF that it wasn't working so he can finally agree to an exchange. I don't believe a buyer should have to go to that extent, but that's what happened.
I sent the device back to the seller and then the seller complained to me that he will be losing money on this. Very unprofessional if you ask me. He also told me that he would be refunding my shipping cost as he knew I've been having problems with the machine.
Fast forward a few weeks since it takes a while to ship from U.S to Canada. The shipping cost is over $70 using USPS priority. That was the cheapest I could get it back to them. They refunded my purchase price through paypal. I wait and ask them when I will be getting the replacement product since I still want a working machine. I asked them to post the machine on ebay for the same price I bought it for. His response to me was that I had to pay them a restocking fee for $179.75 due to the fact that they checked on the machine and it was working fine. I was flabbergasted. After all those email exchanges and problems I had with getting the machine to keep the functions on for more than 5 minutes at a time, and proof on video when the unit ate it. I don't know which unit they were checking but it can't be the same one I sent back. It had miraculously started working again in their office. How strange. So to avoid giving me the promised shipping cost, they are telling me I had to pay them extra money. Of course they can't enforce it, they sent me a refund through paypal. If they try, they will fail.
So to make a long story short.
Tread EBAY very cautiously and completely AVOID AOS SYSTEMS. Get someone on the phone before you buy. If you can, buy local, as close to you as possible because these products are MADE IN CHINA, and I promise you that they are the quality you come to expect from that country so you will probably have to work through warranty, which is 1 year. Why bother buying a Chinese product? Well, if you want one w/ so many features and want to avoid going to the spa and spending thousands, this may be a better option even with the possibility of a short lived machine.
When the unit worked, it worked wonderfully. I had a few friends come over and we had "Facial" parties. Everyone was glowing and people kept commenting on how great and even toned my skin looked.
Since the ebay seller is not cooperating under the original deal, I am purchasing the same machine from a U.S based seller that has it for $300 more. I talked with their customer service and they told me that they do offer the same one year warranty and full unconditional guarantee within the first 14 days after receipt. They also stated that the only shipping cost for warranty work after the 14 days would be one way to them. They would ship the unit back to me at their cost.
chely
5% products discount

Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:41 am      Reply with quote
hi... has anyone used the derma wand? is it similar to the microdermabrasion PMD Confused Confused think i am reading too much...or should i get both?? Help Confused Question Question Confused
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:37 am      Reply with quote
chely wrote:
hi... has anyone used the derma wand? is it similar to the microdermabrasion PMD Confused Confused think i am reading too much...or should i get both?? Help Confused Question Question Confused

Derma wand is totally different than microdermabrasion! Not real sure what the derma wand does, I actually have one, they are night and day different. I have not given the derma wand a fair try out, it sat in my draw, so I can't help on what that does. Microdermabrasion helps exfoliate the skin.
kellywayne

Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:45 am      Reply with quote
i had purchase my microdermabrasion machine 3 months ago and have been using it at home.
in starting applications some redness had developed for short duration but with subsequent use i am getting very wonderful results.
Cool
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |