Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
corrjck

Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:22 am      Reply with quote
We have plenty of health food stores here in Eugene, Oregon so I will start calling around....it would be really nice to have a local supply.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Very Happy

Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading this forum for some time and now it is time to post. I have a large number of SK's so I thought the apple cider vinegar soaked shirt would be the best approach. I bought Raw ACV with mother of vinegar in it. It has a fairly high acidity level. I soaked the shirt and put on the garbage bag and then another shirt over the top to keep it close to the skin. I tried to go all night long but after about 4 hours I had all I could take. I peeled the shirt off and took a shower to stop the itch and the burn. I have since used the shirt method four times with a day or two off in between. I can keep the shirt on about 3 hours and then I need to shower off the ACV.
I am seeing pretty good results so far. Many of the smaller SKs have fallen off. Many more are scabbed and look to be separating. I have some huge old ones that will take more work. I am committed to this process and will continue to use the soaked shirt for 3 -4 hours until these things are gone. Hurts a little, itches a lot more but I think I am seeing results. I will let you all know when I am done.
goddess49
5% products discount

Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 am      Reply with quote
colebria59 So excited that you are trying "the T-shirt thing". Please keep us updated.
lancia

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:23 am      Reply with quote
After reading the success stories here about using apple cider vinegar to treat a seborrheic keratosis, I decided to try the method on a prominent seborrheic keratosis on my face. I applied the vinegar by dabbing with a cotton swab at least 3 or 4 times a day. Some days I applied it more often, if convenient. After 3 months, I'm happy to say, the keratosis is completely gone. Its disappearance was not dramatic. It just got smaller and smaller with each passing week. Usually a few pieces sloughed off here and there after washing and drying my face.

This is a pleasant surprise because the method is easy, safe, and effective. It’s also cheap! I am grateful to this forum for the many testimonials about using apple cider vinegar on a seborrheic keratosis. I never would have thought of using a food product to remove a blemish. Thanks!
dendrite

Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 am      Reply with quote
u can also try oil pulling:D
Jam
5% products discount

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Been reading all the back posts and to be honest I had tears many times. Been pebbled with SK's for many yrs. Derms all said there is nothing as a treatment or cure. Had several scaped/cut off. I have too many to remove all this way. Mainly over abdomen, under breasts, few on breasts, on sides and some popping up on lower back. Needless to say I feel like a reptile. Have cried many times. I'm very ashamed of my appearance.

I am prepared to try the tee shirt ACV technique this evening and will check back on Monday. I am so excited! Would try anything for smooth skin.
JAM
Jam
5% products discount

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share that I am all wrapped up in the vinegar shirt,plastic,and another shirt. Also a pair of bike shorts that I tucked it all in so all is snug against my skin. Just a little tingle. How wet should the shirt be?This is just damp. I feel like a salad wrap!
Good night all. I will report back.
JAM
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Jam, I hope this works for you! Be patient, as all good things take time. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Bethany thank you! I fell asleep last night with all the wrapping and woke up with it all still in place. I slowly peeled it all off and did see that the SK's were lighter in color plus many many more smaller bumps have appeared. From previous posts that I have read this may have brought some to the surface. I took a bath and noticed some of the larger ones looking a little reddish around the edges. I plan to repeat the treatment again tonight. I do plan to keep the faith and be patient. Aside from smelling like I'm a huge pickle this method seems promising! I have not had success in finding the H202 30% anywhere. Is there a certain store that is known to carry this? I tried GNC and RiteAide....other that ordering on line.....so happy I found this forum. Thank you all for all the posts that have inspired me.
Awaiting Sandy here in PA so if I lose power I may not be back for awhile.
Be Safe Everyone!
JAM
Jam
5% products discount

Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
No ACV treatment tonight....bracing for Sandy....hope all are safe....gas lines long here, no bottled water, batteries gone....heavy rains....good luck and God Bless everyone.....Amen!!
Jam
5% products discount

Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:30 am      Reply with quote
Good morning.
Just peeled off the layers of ACV tee-shirts and plastic and something is happening here. This was my 2nd night of wearing the shirts. I had a night off in between due to the storm Sandy.(We dodged a bullet here...heavy rains and winds, still raining today but power still on.
Flooding is now a threat).
I experienced some tingling last night and the appearance today once again shows the SKs to be irritated, some puffed and turning lighter/whitish others darker and some red all around and seem to be very sensitive and itchy and somewhat tender to touch....should I be worried? Or is this what I want? Also should I be soothing this skin now with a lotion of some kind? I have done nothing but bathe and dry. Usually I would use a lotion or cream after a bath but didn't want to 'dilute' any progress. Now do I keep this up for many nights in a row or do I now skip nights? There is definitly something happening...they are uglier than ever and have multiplied/raised more since these 2 ACV doses. I'm in it for the long haul so any advice would be much appreciated.
Happy Halloween!!! Embarassed JAM
Jam
5% products discount

Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmm.....maybe I'll just go ahead with another ACV dose of shirts tonight.....the SK's that were angry and puffed and red have settled down and I'm thinking I should hit them hard again tonight.....if anyone feels I should not and rest tonight please post....thanks friends!!
JAM
goddess49
5% products discount

Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jam. It sounds like you are well on your way. I did treatments on myself until the irritation was uncomfortable in a short period of time-say under 2-4 hours. Then I quit treatment and bathed normally for the next few days and watched what happened. It takes a few days for them to dry up and scab over before falling off. Be patient...it WILL work. I wouldn't put any lotion on until after the scabs fall off. HTH and that you weathered the storm OK.
Jam
5% products discount

Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much Goddess49. I did take last night off since some SKs were irritated. I plan to reapply ACV again tonight and see what happens. I see what you mean about drying since some of the smaller ones seem to be doing just that. So far none have fallen off. Sad
JAM
bomar

Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
For JAM: Glad U dodged Sandy's wrath. We're dealing w/SKs on the back and a few other sites. UR use of ACV is most promising but how do we get raw ACV and what is the 'mother' vinegar? We've also found treatment of single eruptions of SK and other attacks of skin bacteria, viruses, etc. using Oil of Oregano applied with a dropper or Q-tip and covered with a band-aid is effective after a few apps. Any other info you can provide re UR success is appreciated.
Jam
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hey bomar....I'm new here and do not know the answers to your questions....
I am curious as to your referal of SKs as a bacterial growth.....never heard that before...
As for the ACV in a raw state or 'Mother Vinegar' I need that info as well. I can tell you that this treatment is starting to do something....my SKs are definitely responding. I think that since I have so many and that they have been 'on me' for several yrs that they are not going to give up easily....I am prepared to wear the t-shirts again tonight(3rd time)and keep up with this for as long as it takes....some of the smaller ones are drying up....what is 'oil of oregano'? Glad to hear that it also is effective....anything that can help to restore smooth healthy skin is of interest to me!!
Ok...here I go to get 'dressed' for the night! Good luck to you!
JAM
Jam
5% products discount

Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
bomar...forgot to say that I bought a 32oz plastic jug of Heinz ACV at Walmart for just over $3.....not familiar with the 'raw' or Mothers Vinegar'....this seems to be working...or starting to !!...and most afforda ble compared to the $300 plus that I spent to have a few removed at the Derm's office and told that there is nothing else that can be done....still very hopeful to see results and to hear about yours!!
JAM
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jam wrote:

As for the ACV in a raw state or 'Mother Vinegar' I need that info as well.

Hi Jam, this is the vinegar that people are talking about. It is unpasteurized. It contains the mother of vinegar which occurs naturally as strand like enzymes of connected proteins molecules. It is more expensive then the vinegar you find in the grocery store.

http://bragg.com/products/acv.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jam wrote:

As for the ACV in a raw state or 'Mother Vinegar' I need that info as well.

Hi Jam, this is the vinegar that people are talking about. It is unpasteurized. It contains the mother of vinegar which occurs naturally as strand like enzymes of connected proteins molecules. It is more expensive then the vinegar you find in the grocery store.

http://bragg.com/products/acv.html

5% products discount

Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD....thanks for your post!.....is this type of vinegar more effective?...and where can I find it??
After last nights dose of ACV: .... I woke up many times because of the tingling....oh my....then after removing the shirts I gasped.....I am uglier than ever....many many many more SKs have surfaced...I wanted to cry.....I guess I was expecting less...but what ever turns out now I am hoping to kill early before they can live....oh my....that's how I feel....I just want to kill them...kill them all...please tell me that I can......
JAM
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Jam wrote:
CookieD....thanks for your post!.....is this type of vinegar more effective?...and where can I find it??
After last nights dose of ACV: .... I woke up many times because of the tingling....oh my....then after removing the shirts I gasped.....I am uglier than ever....many many many more SKs have surfaced...I wanted to cry.....I guess I was expecting less...but what ever turns out now I am hoping to kill early before they can live....oh my....that's how I feel....I just want to kill them...kill them all...please tell me that I can......
JAM

Hi Jam, I don't really know if the Bragg brand is better for removing SK or not. I know different people really like it for health reasons like drinking it or using it to make DIY skincare. You can buy it at a health food store like Whole Foods.

I don't have any SK. I am hoping that your new ones are just temporary and they will go away. It has only been a week since you started so hang in there. Hopefully they will start drying up soon. Smile

5% products discount

Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Jam-I just used generic apple cider vinegar to remove my SKs. I don't know if the Bragg's would work better-only that it is not necessary. Your experience sounds very similar to mine with many more spots showing up. If you can stand one more night of the process it may be time after that to start letting them dry up. Yep, your skin will look really spotted and almost scaley in the areas with no spots and it will look much better a few days down the road when they start to fall off. Yay! You are almost there!
Authentic Voice

Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Jam and goddess . . . I've been reading with LOTS of interest your communication back and forth over the last week or so about the apple cider vinegar treatment for SK's. I'm ready to try it. So soak a shirt in ACV, put it on, then a plastic bag over it, then another shirt . . . leave on 2-4 hours. Shower or bathe and don't use any lotion. Then it sounds like it might be good to take a day off but I suppose everyone's different. The ACV may bring other "dormant" SK's to the surface . . . but hang in there and keep using the ACV faithfully . . .all the spots will eventually dry up and go away. Does that sound right?

It's a little scary to think about the dormant SK's coming to the surface . . . please tell me it's a temporary condition and this treatment is really working for you.

Do you find that the ACV treatment is also causing moles, as well as SK's, to disappear?

Thanks so much for your encouragement.
Jam
5% products discount

Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Goddess49...thanks I am going to stick with the Heinz ACV. I found a 64oz size(not 32oz as I prev posted)for $3.something. I took the weekend off and the SKs have started to settle down and some of the smaller ones have fallen off...YAY...we'll see...I may have to do another round of a few treatments for the older thicker Sks....not to be graphic but some of them are actually 2,3 or 4 that have grown into one...ugh...these I am sure will take more work.

Authentic Voice...welcome! Yes you are correct in your run down of what to do and to expect. I used sleeveless boatneck tees with a white kitchen trash bag between the layers. I put a stopper in my bathroom sink and folded the tee into quarters. Measured out 1cup ACV and poured this over the tee and in between the folds and squeezed and patted until all was absorbed...may add more depending on your shirt. I didn't want it to be drippy but very damp. I read a post where someone then microwaved her shrt for a little to take the chill off but I just put it on and then covered with the bag and then the dry shirt. I then tucked all of this into a pair of bike shorts. Since I was going to be I then put on a long loose gown. I had no leaks but my bedding did end up having a vinegar smell. I think from now on I will do this treatment while I am awake and shower off before bed. As for the dormant SKs....yes I aquired many many more of them to my horror and after the 2nd treatment they seemed even worse...but the good news is they have dried up and have begun to fall off. A few of the medium SKs look like they are ready to go as well....I know now that this works and I may be at it longer than most since I have had mine for many years. It does tingle and sting a little then very itchy later, but I have less than I did a week ago so I am confident by the end of this year I may have lost half or more!! Good luck to you!! Be positive and don't get discouraged!! Can't wait to hear your details. JAM
goddess49
5% products discount

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Jam, that was me who heated up the T shirt. I didn't seem to mind putting on a wet shirt if it was warmed first. If it doesn't bother you being cold, that's fine. I did this treatment in the spring-so almost a year and a half ago. None of the SKs that I got rid of have returned but there are a few (maybe 10%)that I didn't get (larger ones) at that time. I've been meaning to do it again but just haven't gotten around to it. It was 200% better after just the one treatment series and I've been so happy with that. It will NOT get rid of moles. It does seem to get rid of skin tags, though.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |