Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
If any one is interested makemeheal has the MyM Derma needle pen for $200.

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=170900

I paid $160.00 - but here's one for $140.00.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/freeshipping-Auto-Microroller-Motorized-My-M-microneedle-derma-pen-/281033185656?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item416ee21978#ht_1308wt_1344

Barefootgirl - I'd love to know where you found a DermaPen for a similar price to the My-M.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I wrote that post afer the first My-M I pulled up on eBay was selling for $500. I was quoted a price of $600 for the Dermapen brand, consumer model.

I have gone back to eBay and now see My-M models selling for between $125 to $150 which appears to be closer to what you paid.

All that said, I am planning to purchase a model (not sure which) probably in the first quarter of 2013...I want to see how things shake out in the beginning of this new year....I suspect there will be changes in the rapidly moving market.

BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
I wrote that post afer the first My-M I pulled up on eBay was selling for $500. I was quoted a price of $600 for the Dermapen brand, consumer model.

I have gone back to eBay and now see My-M models selling for between $125 to $150 which appears to be closer to what you paid.

All that said, I am planning to purchase a model (not sure which) probably in the first quarter of 2013...I want to see how things shake out in the beginning of this new year....I suspect there will be changes in the rapidly moving market.

BFG

I wrote to DermaPen in Australia asking for the price of their home-use model. This was the reply:

Quote:
As per the message I left for you on your mobile, please find below the pricing of the Dermapen and associated consumer products and a link to a patient brochure. If you would like to catch up to view the device, please contact me either on mobile or email.

Dermapen $1495.00 gst
Box of 30 needles $ 600.00 + gst ( 1 needle per treatment $20)
30 ml HA- $99.00 + gst. ( will last approx 8-9 patients full face)

There is a huge difference between my quote of $1495.00 and your quote of $600.00 - taking into consideration that the US and Aussie dollar are pretty much on par at the moment. I know we get ripped off in Australia - but this seems over-the-top.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with you...that is a huge variation.

As I said, I believe there will be some significant changes coming in this market in the near future, so I am going to hold a bit and still keep using my manual rollers.

I suspect that by the middle or closer to the end of the coming year, I may finally have an optimal solution for equipment plus associated topicals. This may keep me from forever needing a professional laser or chem peel treatment (fingers crossed).

BFG
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:

As I said, I believe there will be some significant changes coming in this market in the near future, so I am going to hold a bit and still keep using my manual rollers.

I suspect that by the middle or closer to the end of the coming year, I may finally have an optimal solution for equipment plus associated topicals. This may keep me from forever needing a professional laser or chem peel treatment (fingers crossed).

BFG

Hi BFG, have you read or seen something that is coming (a particular thing) or just have an overall sense that there will be new things on the market later?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
A little bit of both. There is a significant increase in interest now with respect to at-home rejuvenation devices, particularly in laser based and needling based devices. We can expect to see newer versions and newer price points in the coming year. See my post in the EDS Lounge regarding discussion of products or treatments in development.

Thanks, BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
A little bit of both. There is a significant increase in interest now with respect to at-home rejuvenation devices, particularly in laser based and needling based devices. We can expect to see newer versions and newer price points in the coming year. See my post in the EDS Lounge regarding discussion of products or treatments in development.

Thanks, BFG

I can't find it - can you provide a link please.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=47646
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:44 am      Reply with quote
I've just completed a second treatment. The bleeding was again quite profuse and so I'm finding it hard to gauge if I'm overdoing it or not. I'm not going over each area five times though - I'm preferring to be conservative until
I'm totally comfortable with the device.

I used the entire tube of "one-use" Emla and my face was comfortably numb after an hour.

I'm definitely finding this electronic device much easier to use than a roller.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu,

Can you describe in what ways you find the device to be easier to use than the roller?

difference in pain levels?

difference in the amount of time it takes to complete a single needling session?

or other factors?

Thanks! BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Hi Keliu,

Can you describe in what ways you find the device to be easier to use than the roller?

difference in pain levels?

difference in the amount of time it takes to complete a single needling session?

or other factors?

Thanks! BFG

I have always been concerned that I am not rolling correctly - that is, not pressing hard enough. It does seem quite "medieval" to press spikes into the skin and, of course, we have an inbuilt instinct not to hurt ourselves! With the needle pen, the device does the work for you, you don't have to think about the whole process. You just simply glide it across the skin and it's all done for you. However, I have been much more vigilant with my application of Emla - so, no doubt, that makes the whole process much easier.

I've noticed in some of the promotional blurb that it says the needle pen is safer because it employs a horizontal stabbing motion instead of the rolling motion (which can be oblique at times) - I think this makes sense.

I suppose it takes about the same amount of time - but I'm still not sure whether I'm being thorough enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, that is what I have suspected - i.e. that the best feature of the pen is that it does the "pushing" for you, so we don't have to overcome the natural tendency to fight back against it.

Thanks again, BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I've also found that using the highest speed provides a much smoother motion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu, how do the needles on the cartridge of the Dermapen compare to the needles of a roller? Are they they same kind of metal, taper, circumference? I know you can adjust the length of the Dermapen needles. Just wondering if there is a difference between the 2 heads other then how many needles each has.

Does anyone know where you can buy extra needle heads for these if you don't want to reuse them. I think you can buy a box from the Dermapen
website (if they will sell them to you) but there are a lot of them in the box so they are very expensive. Is there a place you can just buy a few of them?

Also can you use this like you would a Dermastamp? Can it get into tight spaces? Maybe you might have to turn off the power and use it manually so you don't beat that small area to death.

Also are you going to do six rolls each a week apart or a different schedule? I have been doing a ton of research this week and there are a lot more studies that say to do it every 1 to 4 weeks then there are saying every 6 weeks. I am still trying to decide my schedule. Thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
yes,it seems with the "motorized" needling, there is no dragging across the skin as there can be with the roller...now I am stumbling onto a new theory, perhaps the dragging action of the roller causes more inflammation & pain somehow than the direct "hit" of the motorized needles?

Maybe I am way out there on this, LOL

BFG
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Hi Keliu, how do the needles on the cartridge of the Dermapen compare to the needles of a roller? Are they they same kind of metal, taper, circumference? I know you can adjust the length of the Dermapen needles. Just wondering if there is a difference between the 2 heads other then how many needles each has.

Does anyone know where you can buy extra needle heads for these if you don't want to reuse them. I think you can buy a box from the Dermapen
website (if they will sell them to you) but there are a lot of them in the box so they are very expensive. Is there a place you can just buy a few of them?

Also can you use this like you would a Dermastamp? Can it get into tight spaces? Maybe you might have to turn off the power and use it manually so you don't beat that small area to death.

Also are you going to do six rolls each a week apart or a different schedule? I have been doing a ton of research this week and there are a lot more studies that say to do it every 1 to 4 weeks then there are saying every 6 weeks. I am still trying to decide my schedule. Thanks.

I don't know what the specifications of the My-M needles are - but they produce holes very successfully!! Yes, the length of the needles can be altered from 0.25 to 2.00mm. I've always re-used my rollers, so I will be re-using the cartriges. However, replacements can be purchased from Bellaire.com in small packs. http://www.bellaireindustry.com/microneedle.html

The needles can most definitely treat small and hard to get to areas. I did the veins around my nose last night - and it's much easier to do the top lip.

I've always done my medical rolls one week apart for six weeks as that was the original protocol given by DrF. I'll probably only do three treatments this time because I have to go away. But taking into consideration all the ReAura treatments, I think that will be plenty.

BTW, I notice the Bellaire website now has a warning against knock-off devices. They state that their My-M is made in Korea not China. I know that China is well known for producing knock-offs, however, it is definitely illegal for them to be badged with a trademarked name. My device is made in China and is identical in every way to the one sold by Bellaire. Whether the Korean device is a better build, I don't know. But as I said before, this is not a device that I will be using regularly. I doubt that I will use it for product penetration. That said, I will probably only be using it six times in one year - so for that kind of usage, the Chinese My-M seems perfectly adequate. I don't have any complaints about the way it's performing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
yes,it seems with the "motorized" needling, there is no dragging across the skin as there can be with the roller...now I am stumbling onto a new theory, perhaps the dragging action of the roller causes more inflammation & pain somehow than the direct "hit" of the motorized needles?

Maybe I am way out there on this, LOL

BFG

No you're spot on with this thinking. It's stated in the DermaPen promotional material that the up and down stamping motion of the microneedle provides a much "cleaner" and safer motion than the dragging action of a roller. I would also think that the speed would be a plus too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

BTW, I notice the Bellaire website now has a warning against knock-off devices. They state that their My-M is made in Korea not China. I know that China is well known for producing knock-offs, however, it is definitely illegal for them to be badged with a trademarked name. My device is made in China and is identical in every way to the one sold by Bellaire. Whether the Korean device is a better build, I don't know.

Thanks Keliu for the information. I don't know if the China one is better then the Bellaire but I remember a story about China shutting down a bunch of Apple store that were fakes. They looked identical to a Apple store in the US. Both outside and the product inside. You would never had guessed the Apple stores were fake. So I don't think that people on the Internet would have a problem putting a fake badge on a Dermapen. The price on the ones from China is really good though so I might have to check into getting one.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
If I was going to buy a microneedle device with real integrity - I'd go for the DermaPen. But I really didn't want to pay $1,500. The device is just a motorised dermastamp and isn't really that sophisticated - so for personal use I think the cheaper models are fine. If I wanted a device for professional use I'd definitely buy the DermaPen. But it's like choosing between a Toyota or a Mercedes - both will get you from A to B!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I can understand the Chinese knocking off Apple computers, they do so with all the big designer brand names - but why knock off the My-M instead of the DermaPen - seems odd.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Here's what my skin looks like this morning. Actually, the photo doesn't really show the redness to its full extent. You can see that I have some abrasions under my right eye and over the bridge of the nose. I don't think there's much swelling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Found somebody on ebay selling replacement needles for the my-m pretty cheap. The starting bid is $69.00 for 30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30pc-lot-sale-Disposible-needles-for-MY-M-derma-pen-12-pin-per-needle-cartridge-/281046777148?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item416fb17d3c

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
CookieD wrote:
Found somebody on ebay selling replacement needles for the my-m pretty cheap. The starting bid is $69.00 for 30.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/30pc-lot-sale-Disposible-needles-for-MY-M-derma-pen-12-pin-per-needle-cartridge-/281046777148?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item416fb17d3c

That's good to know!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:02 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Hi Keliu,

I was tempted to buy one after seeing your comment.

In China, the price of the one you bought can be as low as USD 60 per set and USD 1.3 for a spare needle.

However, I really doubt its quality.

The seller told me yesterday that it was made in China.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Mine states quite clearly on the box that it is made in China.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |