Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone a member of a ProBoard forum and pay fees?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I was interested in posting in a Gardening ProBoard forum which of course you have to be a registered member to post. All the ProBoard forums state membership is free. But when I read the Terms of Service on their website, they all state the same Terms of Service, esp: (my bold)>

13. FEES

(a) RESERVED RIGHTS

You acknowledge and agree that ProBoards reserves the right to charge for access to the Website and use of the Services and to change its fees from time to time in ProBoards' sole discretion. ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL. ALL FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE. By opting for membership or paid services, You authorize ProBoards, or its payment processor, to charge subscription fees to the credit card, debit card, or other payment method you provide, in addition to applicable sales taxes and other applicable taxes. Use of PayPal to pay ProBoards constitutes Your binding agreement to all applicable terms in the PayPal Terms of Services and Legal Agreements. In the event of a discrepancy pertaining to fee collection, You have ten business days from the date of the completed charge to send notification to ProBoards about the discrepancy, after which all charges are no longer subject to change. ProBoards' decision not to exercise any specific right or require performance of any specific obligation under this Agreement, including without limitation the collection of monthly or annual fees from You, shall not affect ProBoards' subsequent ability to exercise such right or require such performance at any time thereafter. Nor shall ProBoards' waiver of Your breach constitute ProBoards' waiver of any subsequent breach."

So I called them, yep, I called the ProBoards administrators and asked re Terms Service fees despite the ProBoards website stating in writing that it's free.
The guy said "Oh, our legal department has to put that in there"
So I said "So, it's not free? None of the ProBoards forums are free?"
"Oh yeah, its/they're free but we can change it" he says.

But the Terms of Service wording alludes to charging a monthly fee, and then you really can't do much about it after ten days if you're a member already.
Anyway, just wondering whether anyone here belongs to a ProBoard forum and whether they're charged fees.

I really love gardening and there's a really lovely Garden Forum on ProBoard.

Sorry for the long post.
But I can't post this question in their forum because i'm not a member Rolling Eyes
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
I belong to a ProBoards forum and have not paid fees. I do think they charge for the iPhone app. I use the web browser.
rzyvo

Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kath91,

Just wanted to note that ProBoards at its core is a free service, and has been that way for 13 years. While the core service is free, there are some optional paid services that are available, such as the ad-free service to remove the advertising banners from the forums which is a monthly service.

So if you're wanting to join the gardening forum that you found, you won't be charged for it, nor will you even be asked any billing info when registering. Hopefully this helps to ease your concerns Smile
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
The Delphi forums operate on the same idea. I am a Basic member but have the option of going up to the next level.

I really don't see the value in paying extra for the next level; so I stay at Basic service.

There was a skin care board that I was on years ago. The owner/moderator of the forum was brilliant but wanted to charge $15.00 membership fees. Not that $15.00 is a lot; but I spend too much time on forums. I did not pay the membership fees and opted out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:09 am      Reply with quote
mega-grateful to all for addressing my concern

ever so mindful of cautiously focusing on written agreements, i just couldn't wrap my brain around how it's verbalized to me and advertised as free membership, however, in written stipulation, it wasn't... apparently, the ad-banner issue plays into this confusion, but, heck, sure isn't legally written as such, is it. Question

@ Autumn1995 - you're right, it's not the cost as much as the overall value + time
@ ShastaGirl - i did see something about mobile apps on their webpage, will have to look into that
@ rzyvo - don't know who you are but am taking your 'no hidden fees' word on it > it's free.
translation -- don't click on make this forum ad-free--LOL

Bottom Line: should the forum not display banner ads that would then mean there definitely is an immediate fee.

again, thanks to all

eager to enjoy more happy gardening
rzyvo

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:

@ rzyvo - don't know who you are but am taking your 'no hidden fees' word on it > it's free.
translation -- don't click on make this forum ad-free--LOL

Just to be transparent, I'm a ProBoards employee. This topic came up in a Google alert, and I figured I'd offer some assistance here. So please do take my word for it Smile

To further clarify too, ProBoards does not ask for any billing info when you register a free account. Even if you were to click on the 'make this forum ad-free' link found at the bottom of the forum, the only way you would be charged after that point is if you filled out your billing info with us along with payment info. So accidentally clicking the link does not mean you're automatically bound to a fee.

- Ricky
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:50 am      Reply with quote
rzyvo ,
i kinda figured you were affliated
with ProBoards from the get-go
by your authoritative response-post...
hence, your word i was
& planned on taking...
literally. Cool

thankx for the positive
confirmation & extended
clarification.

YAY, Google Alert!

(so, now, how about tweaking the
legalise of that darn-tricky
Terms of Service at
your next Board meeting)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |