Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Monkey mouth and other issues
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Panda1 wrote:
Nonie aka AD wrote:
Too much filler can also create the monkey mouth:

I am totally missing where this woman has filler. is it above her lip? Guess I still don't understand monkey mouth:( Isn't that a typical facial movement when one smiles???

It is true it isn't very exaggerated in that photo as say in this one:

And without seeing what she looked like before, one cannot really tell how much this may have changed her. (BTW, I didn't make the comparison; found it on a blog (http://bostonbeautyblog.com/tag/juvederm/)as an example of too much filler giving monkey mouth...and I could see what they are talking about because I have seen better filler results where you aren't drawn to an outward protrusion around the mouth that you can easily draw a circle around.)

What gives the monkey mouth appearance is how the middle of the upper lip is bulging out.

Notice how either side of the upper lip is shadowed (right above the mouth corners) because those areas are behind the middle protrusion.

The image below shows filler that is done properly that one isn't noticing the mouth so much (But then again, it could be that the original lady has dentures that make her mouth stick out--but wouldn't that make the entire mouth even the corners stick out too?):

Here are side-by-side comparisons with other filler results where the N/L lines are removed by the filler (which is the aim of the procedure) but it is done so well that you don't have the upper lip muscles appearing to bulge out. Normally when we smile even slightly, the upper lip pulls back but in that lady it seems to stick out as if she has something tucked under there:

daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I honestly think that the young women with black hair before pix with some nasolabials is way better than the after one... especially the profile pix.. nasolabials look bad when they sag but she has no sag...
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Damn. Now I'm scared of getting monkey mouth Shock I will have to go easy on the face exercises around the mouth for sure. It's horrible to think you just want to fix one problem and you end up creating another one. Seems to be what happens so often in life, but really this monkey mouth thing has me scared for real.
Embarassed

Hope Mansi's goes away.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
What is wrong with the monkey mouth is that the philtral columns (those fine line like protuberances that run from under the nostril to the points of the cupids bow)have been effaced - this commonly happens in an ageing face. Experienced injectors with an aim for a natural appearance would suggest correcting this age related flattening as well as working on the nasal labial area. Even children have some evidence of an NL groove and in my opinion it looks more natural on most faces to leave some of the natural concavity. If you look, you will see that the attractive examples have those two columns under the nose.

Filling the lips but not the perioral area if it also has atrophied also results in an unnatural appearance - duck lips or trout mouth.

The wonderful thing about facial exercise is that one can naturally build up an area again. In my experience the mouth and adjacent areas respond very rapidly to exercise. Nothing wrong with a little filler in the meantime, though.

We have to be thoughtful about the changes we make no matter what modality we choose to use or the results may look unattractive and unnatural.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Don’t get scarred. For what its worth the main things I’ve seen cause monkey mouth in the all the years I’ve done facial exercises is mostly due to those elastic band gadgets that you put in the mouth and do 100 plus reps each time (and understandably that creates the monkey mouth) but even then, I’ve known people to reverse it quickly.

Monkey mouth I’ve had myself, and known other friends to have, and I’ve got to confess upfront I got it by overdoing things (I was repeating a particular exercise over and over throughout my day, which was one I enjoyed – and actually come to think of it was one of Eva Fraser’s). However I did like 100 reps, rather than the 3 reps you were supposed to, so its my own fault really. However I have come through the tunnel and my mouth no longer resembles monkeys now.

So don’t be scared. My gosh if you were to listen to all the horror stories out there – you’d be afraid to breathe for the damage that alone might do you! Ha ha.
bellabambiiina wrote:
Damn. Now I'm scared of getting monkey mouth Shock I will have to go easy on the face exercises around the mouth for sure. It's horrible to think you just want to fix one problem and you end up creating another one. Seems to be what happens so often in life, but really this monkey mouth thing has me scared for real.
Embarassed

Hope Mansi's goes away.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |