Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Canadians: Do not shop at The Brick furniture store!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have a huge rant about The Brick furniture store ... I would advise everyone not to shop there, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have had bad experiences with them as well!

About a month ago, my SO and I were looking to buy a new mattress set and bedframe. We were interested in memory foam. We went to The Brick and they had a Sealy Mirrorform set which my SO liked. The salesman told us it was a good buy because it came with a special promo package (free 20" LCD tv, digital camera, and dvd player) ... we picked up a bedframe and a pillow and in total, we spent about $3000 after taxes. The salesman told us that the bedframe would be assembled upon delivery and that he would also order the low-profile boxspring instead of the regular height for us.

Delivery day, the guys show up and wheel the items into our place ... we tell them what position we would like the bed set up and the guys say to us "we don't do assembly, it is the customer's responsibility to assemble all furniture, we just deliver". And we told them that we were told it would be assembled and all they said was that maybe the salesman had arranged for someone else to do that work, but it sure ain't them.

My SO called The Brick immediately and told them of the problem. We also realized at that point the the boxspring was also the wrong one, it as not the low-profile one. The salesman assured that someone would call the next day. Nobody called and my SO made several attempts at calling and getting an answer. A few days later in the middle of a weekday, some random person calls my SO while he was at work and says "I'm from The Brick and I am here in front of your place right now, I'm here to assemble the bed for you". Umm, hello!!!! nobody is home, because we all have to work -- some advance notice would have been nice??? Eventually, my SO arranged with him to come back the next day and he would schedule a day to work from home.

After the bed was assembled, my SO still could not get a confirmation that the new box spring was on order ... he called several times and each time, they said there was no order placed yet. Only after complaining many times, was there finally an order placed to replace the box spring with the proper one. And then it was still another week and a half before it would arrive.

Finally, the new boxspring arrives, but NO, that is not the end of the problems yet ... remember the free digital camera??? It doesn't work!!!! My SO called the store to let them know and they advised that they were out of stock and it would be another week or so before they would get stock.

Fine, we waited and finally, we got confirmation that stock had arrived and to go pick it up yesterday. My SO left for a business trip so he gave me the number and told me to call them first to make sure they had it in and then to just go make a simple exchange. I called them yesterday to check on the order and they said yes, it is available and instructed me to go to their distribution location to do the exchange. I went to their distribution location immediately after work, only to have the counter tell me that they don't have any there and I need to go to the main store to do the exchange!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, at this point, I was ready to set the place on fire ... I could not believe how ridiculous this store was!! I was so furious, it was unbelievable.

When I got to the main store (20-25 minute drive away), the lady at the counter told me it would be a few days and they would have to get one shipped from their distribution site??? I freaked out and told them I was JUST there and was told to come here. She asked me if I had any other paper and I said yes, here is a credit memo which the other lady at her counter told me she didn't need to see and finally, they said oh yes, there is one reserved for you. Finally got an exchange and made them test it on the spot to make sure it works. I have never had such a nightmare experience, and could not believe how disorganized and poorly managed that operation was.

Needless to say, the bottom line is NEVER shop at The Brick ever again!!!!!!!!!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
That's crazy!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my gosh ... that's insane!!! I've shopped at the Brick a few times (just 'cause I really like those "don't pay for a year" deals) and the thing I don't like about them is the high pressure sales! It's like when you walk in the store there is a herd of sales people pouncing on you and then they follow you around the store. I don't think I've ever had a problem with what we've ordered, but I feel for ya! That's some crazy stuff to have to deal with. How frustrating!
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I've shopped at the Brick a few times (just 'cause I really like those "don't pay for a year" deals) and the thing I don't like about them is the high pressure sales!

Did I mention that there is a $50 administration fee to use the "don't pay for a year" deal? It might work out to be a deal if it were a very large purchase and the interest that were to be accumulated would be in excess of $50 ... otherwise, it's just a waste of $50!! In our case, the pushy salesman got us to sign up for their credit card and convinced us to take advantage of the don't pay for a year thing ... but it was a total waste since we were so disgusted with them that we paid the bill right away and we cut up the card. Looking back, we should have saved the $50 and used a regular credit card ... could have gotten airmiles too.

Beware of The Brick!
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
s70princess - that is sooooooo horrible!!!!

I have never dealt with the Brick - but we bought sofas from Furniture Direct (or something like that) and specifically got the kind of reclining chairs that can be unassembled b/c our hallways and doorways in the apartment building we were living in at the time were really narrow (and we didn't have a big enough car). We got them delivered so they could take them apart. Well, they didn't and they scratched up the walls (reminder this was a rental property). Fortunately we had an understandable landlord. When we moved out of the place, my SO dissembled them and it was SO easy! I don't know why they didn't take those extra 2 steps (like for you) and do that.

Sometimes it's just easier to get a rental truck and do it yourself.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:13 am      Reply with quote
I had a very bad experience years ago with the Brick over a lazy-boy and have not been in the store since! Hate the place!! Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
I bought a TV stand at the Bricks years ago.

When I opened the box and wanted to assemble
it, I found that one of the piece had been broken. It drove me mad coz it was very heavy to bring it back.
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
bb2000 wrote:
I bought a TV stand at the Bricks years ago.

When I opened the box and wanted to assemble
it, I found that one of the piece had been broken. It drove me mad coz it was very heavy to bring it back.

Sorry to hear others have had bad experiences with The Brick as well. It would totally drive me mad as well. I once bought a television online from FutureShop only to find out it was cracked when I opened it after they delivered it. After I called to tell them what happened, they arranged for their postal courier to come pick-it and also offered me a similar product when they found out the one I bought was out of stock.

FutureShop I would go back to shop, but The Brick definitely not!!
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I saw some really amazing deals on the Brick website but then I remembered this thread. I guess I wouldn't be shopping at the Brick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Such as a bad customer service Confused
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, sorry to hear about your experience.
I've shopped at the brick before, we have 2 bedroom suites from there as well as mattresses.
I've never had a problem with them, they have always had really good customer service with me.

Hopefully they fix everything for you.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just hate useless "sevice" from stores like this. You'd think being a large chain they'd have the resources and knowhow to offer the best service. What a waste of time for you. I've never shopped there - never got a good feeling from them. I bought my mattress from Sleep Country Canada and had my mom buy herself one there this year but we both had issues as well. Customers just don't seem to come first anymore. It's all about the dollar to them. Get you in, take your cash, get you out, and they're done with you. It's really pretty pathetic and sad.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
That is just ridiculous! I hate when you get the run-around from a store. Mad I sympathize with your frustration.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
A friend told me she heard a guy call into a radio talk show that he had bought some electronics from The Brick and then discovered they weren't new -- they were reburbished items!

Have never shopped there and never will!

Glad your saga is over (hopefully!), s70princess.
Mother of 3

Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thank-you everyone for listing your negative experiences with the Brick. I was looking into buying Exclamation a new mattress. After reading your reviews I am staying clear of the Brick! They must not be familiar with the slogan "A happy customer is a repeat customer". Shame on The BricK!
Boris

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
s70princess wrote:
Ok, I have a huge rant about The Brick furniture store ... I would advise everyone not to shop there, and I wouldn't be surprised if others have had bad experiences with them as well!

About a month ago, my SO and I were looking to buy a new mattress set and bedframe. We were interested in memory foam. We went to The Brick and they had a Sealy Mirrorform set which my SO liked. The salesman told us it was a good buy because it came with a special promo package (free 20" LCD tv, digital camera, and dvd player) ... we picked up a bedframe and a pillow and in total, we spent about $3000 after taxes. The salesman told us that the bedframe would be assembled upon delivery and that he would also order the low-profile boxspring instead of the regular height for us.

Delivery day, the guys show up and wheel the items into our place ... we tell them what position we would like the bed set up and the guys say to us "we don't do assembly, it is the customer's responsibility to assemble all furniture, we just deliver". And we told them that we were told it would be assembled and all they said was that maybe the salesman had arranged for someone else to do that work, but it sure ain't them.

My SO called The Brick immediately and told them of the problem. We also realized at that point the the boxspring was also the wrong one, it as not the low-profile one. The salesman assured that someone would call the next day. Nobody called and my SO made several attempts at calling and getting an answer. A few days later in the middle of a weekday, some random person calls my SO while he was at work and says "I'm from The Brick and I am here in front of your place right now, I'm here to assemble the bed for you". Umm, hello!!!! nobody is home, because we all have to work -- some advance notice would have been nice??? Eventually, my SO arranged with him to come back the next day and he would schedule a day to work from home.

After the bed was assembled, my SO still could not get a confirmation that the new box spring was on order ... he called several times and each time, they said there was no order placed yet. Only after complaining many times, was there finally an order placed to replace the box spring with the proper one. And then it was still another week and a half before it would arrive.

Finally, the new boxspring arrives, but NO, that is not the end of the problems yet ... remember the free digital camera??? It doesn't work!!!! My SO called the store to let them know and they advised that they were out of stock and it would be another week or so before they would get stock.

Fine, we waited and finally, we got confirmation that stock had arrived and to go pick it up yesterday. My SO left for a business trip so he gave me the number and told me to call them first to make sure they had it in and then to just go make a simple exchange. I called them yesterday to check on the order and they said yes, it is available and instructed me to go to their distribution location to do the exchange. I went to their distribution location immediately after work, only to have the counter tell me that they don't have any there and I need to go to the main store to do the exchange!!!!!!! Oh my goodness, at this point, I was ready to set the place on fire ... I could not believe how ridiculous this store was!! I was so furious, it was unbelievable.

When I got to the main store (20-25 minute drive away), the lady at the counter told me it would be a few days and they would have to get one shipped from their distribution site??? I freaked out and told them I was JUST there and was told to come here. She asked me if I had any other paper and I said yes, here is a credit memo which the other lady at her counter told me she didn't need to see and finally, they said oh yes, there is one reserved for you. Finally got an exchange and made them test it on the spot to make sure it works. I have never had such a nightmare experience, and could not believe how disorganized and poorly managed that operation was.

Needless to say, the bottom line is NEVER shop at The Brick ever again!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to add to this experience for s70princess is that the reason she didnt receive the proper mattress in the first place was probably because the salesman had to get the agreement approved from his manager. If the manager went ahead and told the salesman he'd approve the lower profile mattress, then wham-bam the sale is done and the customer is happy and has left. But now, time to deal with the real situation. Anytime there is a change in the order, it throws off the production line. Manager has to sign off on agreement and get ok from upper management, but decides he'll deal with it at a later point because we have the customer's money now, and with that, comes control. It's the "lets worry about crossing that Bridge when we get to it" attitude. In other words, if there is even a slight possibility that if the customer receives the regular mattress, maybe they might not bother to making a fuss. The reality is that there is always a price to be paid in an order change and someone has to pay it! Since the customer was promised a lower profile mattress and it wasn't dealt with right away laying down the order, the change was swept under the carpet in hopes that the customer might not bother making a fuss and therefore saving the company money. Retail sales in furniture is exactly as selling used cars. And if a sales mgr can screw the customer over a verbal promise and make a heat score fall on the salesman, then he will, because that is why managers ARE managers. They save the company money. Thet generally are there for the company, not the customer and definitely not for the employee.

* * did you hear that? I think that was my bubble bursting! * *
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Leon's now owns the Brick.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
This story does not surprise me. I've heard plenty of similar stories about The Brick and I've never purchased anything there.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |