Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Porcelain veneers in Mexico?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever got veneers done in Mexico? Any good recommendations or horror stories? Smile
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
No way don't do it unless you live there! These things pop off over time and you'll need to go back to who did them to have them recemented. I have ten across my upper teeth and had three pop off in the course of 3 years. Of course they were the back ones so you couldn't tell to much but I got them recemented ASAP! You would have to find another dentist to do it around where you live but they may charge you more since they didn't actually do the veneers. If you go back to whoever did them they will just recement for you. Plus you want to get high quality ones. There's a lab in LA that makes phenomenal ones and if you can afford it get them done in NYC with the best dentist (its easy to find out who). I love mine Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Shock I would love to know that "lab" you speak of in LA if you know it off by hand. I just finished braces and although I have fairly perfect teeth there is some chipping and grinding that has changed the natural shape so veneers might be nice. I'm only a student so Mexico sounded really affordable from what I read on the internet.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
This reminds me ... sometime this past week I watched a bit of one of those news shows (like Dateline, but I don't think it was Dateline) and they were talking to people who'd have veneers put on and wherever they had gone, they had shaved down too much of the natural tooth which got infected and when they took the veneers off ... their teeth were like little stumps! And then they showed how these dentist's offices can order these before and after books which make it appear like they were their patients, but really they weren't. Scary! Wherever you get them done ... make sure it's a good place.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow,

can you explain the veneer process? someone i know has them and my friend told me that they drilled away most of her teeth before putting them on, is that how it's done? yikes...
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
my sushi secret wrote:
PhoebesMeow,

can you explain the veneer process? someone i know has them and my friend told me that they drilled away most of her teeth before putting them on, is that how it's done? yikes...

Yeah that's how its done,there's no going back unfortunately. There's newer ones out there called lumineers I think that don't shave down as much but yeah that's the process. If you don't have them don't get them. I mean I do like mine but had I have known everything I don't know if I would have gotten them. And about the lab in LA, your dentist has to order from them, only dentists go through them... ask your dentist where he has the veneers made, you don't want one that makes them on premises.. you just don't, I've heard bad things about that. But if you go to any of the good dentists (especially the top one in NYC) he'll order from that lab... I was never told the name, but was never all that interested in it anyway, you just have to make sure you go to a really good dentist, one that specializes in cosmetic dentistry... don't go to a family dentist..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
OMG please don't have healthy teeth ground down unless you have a gross cosmetic problem. Your teeth go through a lot of stress with such a procedure and are far more likely to need a root canal (pain and money). If you get a botch job you could end up having to have teeth extracted and end up with a bridge. Also be aware that after crown or veneers your gums will most likely recede. Recession appears as darkness at the gumline....not pretty.

Have you ever seen anyone who has had crowns or veneers placed on their teeth by a lousy dentist? They look like false teeth or chicklets.

When I was 18 my mother worked for a dentist. He suggested doing veneers on my front teeth. It was so tempting as he said I would have a smile like a movie star. Thank God I did not get drawn in. If I had I do not believe I would have my natural teeth today.

If you really want to do this please do much research on the cosmetic dentist your decide on. Actually, some dentists will try to talk a person who has fairly attractive, healthy teeth out of crowns and veneers.

At my age most of my molars are crowned. Luckily, my front teeth are natural. I worked in the dentistry field for 10 years. Working for a Periodontist I saw many bad placements of crowns and veneers. It is hard to find a cosmetic dentist that does meticulous crowns/veneers.
tipu
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie Very Happy !
I am wondering if gum receiding can be reversed? It is SO UGLY...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:14 am      Reply with quote
tipu wrote:
Hi Winnie Very Happy !
I am wondering if gum receiding can be reversed? It is SO UGLY...

If recession is really bad and root is exposed one can have a Soft Tissue Graft. Tissue is taken from the palate or another donor site and placed over the recession. I saw this done many times to even out the gumline. More important, it is done to cover the exposed root. Grafting protects tooth from decay, reduces sensitivity and improves esthtics of smile.
11045walton

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know of a dentist qualified in Lumineers in Mexico? I live in Mexico.
Thank you
Fictionwriter

Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I live in Phoenix and recently had veneers done in Algodones Mexico, just across the border from Yuma. It was a nightmare. I made 7 trips (6 hours round trip each time) and one of the front teeth fell off again this week.
I paid $2,000 for the six upper front teeth, as I could not afford paying my regular dentist his $6,000 price. I should have paid his price.
During a recent visit to my dentist here in Phoenix, I was told that the veneers were done so poorly that I must get them out of my mouth ASAP or face certain gum damage, and possible heart trouble if infection sets in.
The Mexicans do not know what they are doing, the lab is on-site, the quality is extremely poor, the light is very dim, the A/C is turned up high to save money on the power bill, and there is no warranty or recourse for botched work. Do yourself (and your health) a favor and scratch this option off your list!!!
SoftSkin
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
Get bonding. It's cheaper. I've had mine for about fifteen years. You just have to be careful eating things like sticky candy or even crusty French bread. Don't take a bite and then twist or your real teeth could break off, never mind any bonding or veneer. My dentist didn't follow his own advice and Whoops!
grandmajuju
5% products discount

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Fictionwriter wrote:
I live in Phoenix and recently had veneers done in Algodones Mexico, just across the border from Yuma. It was a nightmare. I made 7 trips (6 hours round trip each time) and one of the front teeth fell off again this week.
I paid $2,000 for the six upper front teeth, as I could not afford paying my regular dentist his $6,000 price. I should have paid his price.
During a recent visit to my dentist here in Phoenix, I was told that the veneers were done so poorly that I must get them out of my mouth ASAP or face certain gum damage, and possible heart trouble if infection sets in.
The Mexicans do not know what they are doing, the lab is on-site, the quality is extremely poor, the light is very dim, the A/C is turned up high to save money on the power bill, and there is no warranty or recourse for botched work. Do yourself (and your health) a favor and scratch this option off your list!!!

Errm Are you sure you are not fiction writing again?? How can you generalize Mexican Dentists this much?
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
The Mexicans do not know what they are doing

Really? You're going to make a sweeping statement like that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
If you go to a Mexican dentist you need to find out where he was trained and certified or licensed. If it was in the US, it might be a better risk, unless he finished last in his class!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |