Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
DIY Filler Injections
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
HarleyQuinn wrote:

Hi, I don't want to hear a whole speech
about how 'self injection is wrong la de da' life goes on ok, look, I ordered 3 syringes of 1cc each of Perlane and I plan on self injecting to plump my lips. I figure okay use 1 and a half syringes, then re-inject in about a month. I really need a link to a GOOD self instruction video for injecting, I am neither not allergic to any lip plumpers (i.e. Two faced, lip XL, lip fusion) I even made my own recipe from ingredients I had to obtain all over for a self plumping recipe lip balm, I also got Juvederm injections professionally from a doctor as well. Lasted about a week, and was only plumped for about 3 days, the next 2 weeks it felt like I had f#%kin pebbles in my lips. The only thing that even REMOTLY worked is that lip plumping pump, but it bruises the living hell out of me if I don't use it everyday, and if I do use it everyday, it stops working- plus I don't think it's entirely healthy to stretch out your mouth and the lips and areas around it like that. Here's the bottom line- I can find barely any info on perlane injections, and when I do it says it works well for lip volumizing, but I need a more detailed set of directions on how to inject it. Please help. Thanks to all who aren't going to give me 'the speech' and to anyone that can give me a basic guide. Thanks again!
-Porcelina

have sent you a private message

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I didn't get your message just a quotes message if my original message - it Mista got messed up or something. Thank you though- any information you have that could help me out would be great! Thank you so much!

Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
where can I buy juvederm or Restylane from a Canadian pharmacy or anywhere? thank you Very Happy
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, can't say this doesn't interested me as I do have hollow under eyes which will most likely need fixing some day but I'd still be too scared to do this. Mind you if you had told me years ago I would be doing my own TCA's, derma rolling, home laser and RF I'd have thought you were crazy and yet here I am.
southaven100

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
southaven100 wrote:
where can I buy juvederm or Restylane from a Canadian pharmacy or anywhere? thank you Very Happy

I have no messages yet. im new at this site.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
southaven100 wrote:

I googled and found this:

http://www.beautyvials.com/buy-dermal-fillers-online-at-wholesale-prices

They are in Canada. Prices seem very reasonable when you consider how much it costs to have it done by a physician or aesthetician.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:58 am      Reply with quote
I saw Restylane with Lidocaine on Amazon today, and the reviews were extremely positive.
holegrain

Sun May 03, 2015 7:58 am      Reply with quote
For anyone who may know- is there a recommended period of time between a derminator treatment and filler injections? I've read on the owndoc site the recommendations when performing the reverse order, but am wondering if I'd need to wait to get fillers if I've just used the derminator? TIA!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I do not know what is recommended, but I would think it sensible to wait until swelling is gone after PCIT so that the proper amount of filler can be assessed during injection. HA type fillers often swell a tiny bit after injection as they are hydrophilic, in addition some people also have some swelling when injected. Radiesse does not change volume upon injection as it does not attract and hold water.

mismis
holegrain

Wed May 06, 2015 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mismis, I was thinking along the same lines.

I see this is an old thread, so if it's better to start a new one, please let me know, but here's a brief of my recent experience (in case it helps anyone else here)

I've had a derminator for several months, haven't used it yet.

I never had fillers of any kind before last week. I got botox & perlane professionally. In another first, I self-injected restylane after my dr appt, to get the areas I couldn't afford for the dr to do.

I'm very happy with all of it. I will return to the dr for botox when the time comes, and if I haven't firgured out how to "safely" do my own cheeks, I'll ask him to do it.

But at this point, I'll continue to do my own nose-to-chin lines. Will also finally use the derminator this week on cheeks, while looking for more training vids on fillers to cheek area.

Hope this helps someone else!
moliuchick

Sun May 10, 2015 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
holegrain wrote:
For anyone who may know- is there a recommended period of time between a derminator treatment and filler injections? I've read on the owndoc site the recommendations when performing the reverse order, but am wondering if I'd need to wait to get fillers if I've just used the derminator? TIA!

You can do fillers after using the derminator. However, if you put fillers in, you will need to wait for at least 2 weeks (to be on the safe side) before you use the derminator. You don't want the heat of the laser to break down the fresh filler and lose volume of the area that you just injected.

Sun May 10, 2015 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
piscesgirlrenee wrote:
I saw Restylane with Lidocaine on Amazon today, and the reviews were extremely positive.

I know, I am surprised that they will let people selling Restylane on Amazon. We need a prescription to get Restylane at my work. I don't get it? Do you think it is because the product is sold by a Swedish Company?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
This is fascinating. I am nowhere near ready to do this, but I am following with interest. I've had cheeks, eyes and NL's done. I wouldn't dare attempt the eye area, but I might be able to do the NL's. Please keep us up to date on your progress. I am interested to know where you get it and how you know what to do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
DIY fillers?!?! That's where I would draw the line.

Haha, I am ALLLLLLLL about DIY and at home skin care, in fact I'm obsessed. But I don't think I would ever trust myself to inject fillers into my own face.

Anyone ever see that episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" lol where Dee and Dennis try to inject each others faces, that's all I think about when I think about this.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
DIY fillers?!?! That's where I would draw the line.

Haha, I am ALLLLLLLL about DIY and at home skin care, in fact I'm obsessed. But I don't think I would ever trust myself to inject fillers into my own face.

Anyone ever see that episode of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" lol where Dee and Dennis try to inject each others faces, that's all I think about when I think about this.

I agree - too much can go wrong! I am saving for filler but will go to a dermatologist here in Salem that is highly recommended on RealSelf. I need at least 2 grand and probably more. Sad

5% products discount

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
@Immacolata

Hi, I just read your post. Yes, filler treatments can be extremely expensive. Although it shall not be used in the face, I have yound two doctors (even in the same city here in Germany)who use Macrolane VRF20 for the face. It is much more stable than other fillers and I never had any complications whatsoever! And the price is fantastic, 100€ for 1ml. Maybe this can be an alternative for you.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Oldfield wrote:
@Immacolata

Hi, I just read your post. Yes, filler treatments can be extremely expensive. Although it shall not be used in the face, I have yound two doctors (even in the same city here in Germany)who use Macrolane VRF20 for the face. It is much more stable than other fillers and I never had any complications whatsoever! And the price is fantastic, 100€ for 1ml. Maybe this can be an alternative for you.

Wow, that is excellent! I fear that my traveling days are over though. Is it approved for the US?

5% products discount

Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Immacolata,

Very Happy you don't have to leave the country, I guess.
The thing with Macrolane is, that it is usually used for augmentation of breasts, bottoms, legs etc..
Unfortunately some doctors and even the manufacturer advise not to use it in the face. I talked to my doctor about it and asked him to use it on me. He was very sceptic at first and I had to push him a little but in the end he did it. All of his doubts are gone by now and he uses it for other clients as well. I'm absolutely happy about this. Cause now I can afford a youthful face without spending thousands of Euros. I hope you are lucky and find a doctor yourself!
JanaNovotna

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:58 am      Reply with quote
hi, anyone still reading this thread?....I CANNOT afford the prices anymore. Its so depressing. I've almost gone broke just trying to do a syringe into my lips here and there and then some botox. Literally going into debt and I don't do that much of any of it. So. I just spent $600 for Belotero which was ok but can't really see much of a difference. I'm very good at needles etc so I'm hellbent on doing my own from here on out. Does anyone know where to buy in 2016? Does anyone live in the LA area where we could help inject each other or at least have a sounding board? Sorry for long post...I'm just sick of the prices and then asking for what I need with nurse/doctor and them not really even studying my face or taking the time with me and then they just do whatever they feel like. I know my face better than anyone and would at least like to try. Thanks in advance for listening!
annadel

Mon May 02, 2016 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I just saw that my online pharmacy sells the injectables (in France) and found this thread via Google. I'd be interested to do my lips myself. Done it once at my dermatologist but he keeps it low-key and it's too expensive ...

Anyone self-injected only lips? Smile
I do my vaccines myself and are used to needles.
lcy1

Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello--have you found source for fillers yet? Or anyone else out there? I do not live in your area. I am a RN, been dying to try this. Have periodically checked this thread over the years. Thanks so much in advance

JanaNovotna wrote:
hi, anyone still reading this thread?....I CANNOT afford the prices anymore. Its so depressing. I've almost gone broke just trying to do a syringe into my lips here and there and then some botox. Literally going into debt and I don't do that much of any of it. So. I just spent $600 for Belotero which was ok but can't really see much of a difference. I'm very good at needles etc so I'm hellbent on doing my own from here on out. Does anyone know where to buy in 2016? Does anyone live in the LA area where we could help inject each other or at least have a sounding board? Sorry for long post...I'm just sick of the prices and then asking for what I need with nurse/doctor and them not really even studying my face or taking the time with me and then they just do whatever they feel like. I know my face better than anyone and would at least like to try. Thanks in advance for listening!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking about skipping the HA fillers and saving for another year to get fat transfer. It's considerably more expensive, but also lasts much, much longer, if not forever. Or so I've heard. Anyone here familiar with it? There's a lady on RealSelf who had some really striking results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Immacolata, I have not tried it but I've done some reading on the subject. In many instances,reabsorption of the fat is an issue. Please discuss that with your doctor before plunking down your hard earned money.
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:44 am      Reply with quote
I have tried fat injections three times. I really wanted it to be the better option because it is natural - your own fat cells comprising the filler.

It does not last (at least for me). There is significant reabsorption. Also they need to overfill, due to this so you look freakish for a couple of weeks.

For my money (and I have spent a LOT of money) I would recommend HA injections over autologenous fat injections. Both for cost and longevity.

Just my opinion; your metabolism may be different. I really wanted it to work, but in the long run HA is a substance produced naturally by the body and it does work at a much lesser cost. It also stimulates the body to produce more collagen at the injection sites. I prefer HA injections after having esposure to both over many years.

Hope you find this of use, but if you do get the fat injections, monitor how long they last. It is interesting to compare results, and mine may not be the same as yours.

best, mismis
wrinklefreeforever
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interested. Does anyone know if you can find voluma to inject yourself? I had it done once and it does last a lot longer.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |