Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Cracked Heel Balm Stick Recipe
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sam2310

Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
HI

I'm looking for a recipe for a cracked heel balm and have found several while searching around. But what I'm looking for more specifically is a cracked heel balm firm enough to put into a wind up stick container. Its the easiest way to get a very rich product onto your feet and so convenient. Something like this :

Edit - Sorry can't post a link as a new member (if you google "dermal therapy, heel magic" you will see what I mean.

All the recipes I've found are more like a very rich cream / body butter type formulation and I'm not sure how to "firm them up" yet keep the ability to wipe / spread the product onto the skin.

thanks for any help you can offer, looking forward to seeing what ideas forum members have.
Cheers, Sam Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 am      Reply with quote
You could add urea and salicylic acid to this recipe:

http://www.freshpickedbeauty.com/2012/06/argan-oil-moisturizing-stick.html

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
If you're looking for a natural solution try either Argan oil or Baobab oil.
The skin on the heels is particularly thick and prone to drying out and then cracking. These oils help to keep it soft and supple.
All the best
sam2310

Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
HI and thanks very much sabira and fawnie.

Some great advice and a really good recipe, just what I needed.

Appreciate the help.

Sam
Benette08
5% products discount

Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Dry feet can vary from mild to severe dry skin that result to other problems. Unlike the skin on other parts of our body, the skin on our feet is naturally dry because it has no oil glands; it only relies on sweat glands to keep it moisturizer. Thus our feet need extra care and attention. Always apply lotion to our feet every each bath. You can also apply Vaseline or olive oil to your feet and wear clean socks overnight.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I order the NeoStrata Problem Dry Skin Cream Step Up Level for the hubby and his EXTREMELY dry feet.

"This rich cream is formulated with 20% Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) to smooth and moisturize severely dry, rough and thickened skin such as knees, elbows and heels. Significant improvement has been demonstrated in heavily calloused skin in as little as 3 weeks of once daily use. The highly emollient beeswax and skin conditioning oils help to instantly reduce skin roughness on contact. This new, fragrance-free formulation contains Pro-Vitamin E and Maltobionic Acid and also helps reduce scaling and flaking associated with hyperkeratosis. Formulated with 20% Hydroxy Acid blend, Maltobionic Acid, and Pro-Vitamin E."

It is VERY firm to the touch and boy does it work!
So maybe adding some of those plus the extra
beeswax might help it to mold into stick form, like a candle, haha.
Don't know if it that helped you any but worth a shot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:08 am      Reply with quote
What works for me is KeraSal Moisturizing Exfoliating ointment (its water soluble and not greasy) twice a day and then use the Blackstone's Callous Remover pumice stone in the shower each day. Both are available at Amazon.

Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggestions. Forum has been very helpful.

Through all of the good ideas I've found what I needed. Basically using everyone's tips I found a recipe for lotion bars. Hadn't heard of them before. By tweaking it a bit, using what I had in place of some ingredients I was able to come up with firm, yet spreadable "sticks". I made them a particular shape (using silicone muffin molds) which I then put into an old wind up container.

And now I have wind up, stick form, foot cream. No messy hands, no greasy applications, quick swipe on the feet all over, cover them in thick socks and off for a walk.

thanks very much, happy DIY to everyone.
Benette08
5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Exfoliating the skin on your feet and heels will help eliminate dead skin from the dryness and cracking. Rice flour can be used as an homemade scrub. To make the scrub, mix a handful of ground rice with a few tablespoons of honey and apple cider vinegar. Mix it until it becomes a thick paste. If the cracking on your heels is very bad, add a tablespoon of olive oil or sweet almond oil. Soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes and then softly scrub them with the rice flour paste.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:01 am      Reply with quote
I've found the best way to keep my feet crack and flake free is to soak them periodically in an acid bath like ACV (and lately experimenting with cuticle removing solutions) followed by patting them dry and applying whatever I have on hand that is an humectant, followed by an occlusive like Aquaphor and clean socks overnight - voila, works like a dream- easy and cheap.
Bonus - once you incorporate this, over time it requires even less fuss and muss.

BFG

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |