Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anti-Aging LightStim
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
Can any of you ladies who use both the ASG and Micrcurrent advise me on their combined use. I have been using the Pico Toner (only Microcurrent device I have ever used) for around 6 months and I have recently purchased the ASG (started using it 3days ago) and I just wondered how you would combine it with the Pico gloves and probes. If using both, would you need to spray before using each of "tools"? So far I have been using 5 sprays before Pico then another 5 sprays before making up then again before bed. Does this seem about right? One more question, does it REALLY improve the results of Microcurrent?

Hi Anne,

I use both ASG and ASD formulas. I believe the diamond was developed for use with devices. Probably because the Diamond formula is *lighter* if you will. But you can certainly give the GOLD a whirl. I believe Sister Sweets uses Gold with all her devices. So here’s what I do - when I use the Pico probes, I spray five times and then let it dry. Then I apply my conductive gel and treat. When I use the Pico gloves I do the same thing, sans the conductive gel. Now when I use the AALS (Lightstim), I want to get the most plumping I can from it, so I use more sprays of the diamond formula. So first I treat one side of my face three sprays, treat for 3 mins., then spray three more times. Then move onto right side and chin and forehead areas. So basically, all areas are getting six sprays. YES I find ASG and ASD both really enhance the effects of every device I own!!! I would say if you are in the over 45 age group, 15 sprays of Gold a day is just about right to keep things going in the right direction. Oh, fwiw, you can also spray the palms of your hands 3 times, the rub back of hands and pull up on and twist each finger to really get it into the fingers. This helps the hands retain more moisture as well. I LOVE ALL Ageless Secret products!!! Best, Aprile
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:34 am      Reply with quote
They finally have the Lightstim on QVC in the UK but alas its not getting many good reviews.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your input Aprile, it's good to know I'm using it reasonably correctly and that you've seen enhancements in your treatments with the use of ASG.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
Still loving my (5) Lightstims at close to 7th year mark. Hands down, the BEST purchases I ever made. Love, love, love

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I like my lightstim too. Wouldn't get rid of it - in fact I have two.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:24 am      Reply with quote
The Lightstim has become available in the UK on QVC but its gorton very poor reviews, a lot of people saw no improvement whatsoever?

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I just dusted off my Lightstim and want to start using it again. Are people still using it 3 mins per spot and if so, how often? Also, use with or without a serum, before or after?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
My lightstim is collecting dust too, but only because I've been using my TRIA laser. I love my lightstim, it doesn't give sudden results, it takes a lot of effort on your part to keep treating, but in my opinion my complexion looked great when I was using it. It is annoying to have to place on each section for 3 minutes, but it's definitely a gadget that I am glad to have.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:46 am      Reply with quote
After reading this long thread i want to get a lighstim, i was going to order it yesterday but is 100$ extra to send to my country, so the total end up being quite expensive.
Before deciding wheter placing the order or nor i want to ask you girls who are having so good results with it a question.

I am in my mid thirties, use safetox, slenderton face and the stop tripollar, do botox every 6 months and at doctor radiofrequency 6 treatments separated by a week once or twice a year, and caroline facial fitness exercises mix with some ultimate facercise ones, and montly lifting facials at beauty salon, my skin is in good shape.
Having this skin regimen posted above do you think i will see a noticiable improvement with the lightsteem led?
Thank you
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita, You are young and already doing many things in your regime..If you are interested in a prettier skin and keeping the collagen flourishing, then go ahead and use a good LED. If you are expecting to see a transformation of sorts, then wait until you have something to transform. Wink

As an aside, some nice things are coming to light regarding the "830nm" wavelength. LS has 855, and although I'll continue to use it, you should do a little further study before making your investment.

I haven't researched LED products for ages, but if memory serves, "ProLight" products contain the 830 wavelength. The only downside (for me) with that brand and others, is that I don't care for the plastic cover over the diodes.

Anyhoo, do your homework. In the meantime I have no reservations in wholeheartedly recommending all Lightstim products.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much kassy, i will do some research.
Do you think the collagen build with leds is more e than with the dermaroller?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 24, 2014 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:

Just want to clarify for you... LED use will increase ATP, which in turn will increase collagen production...

BUT... to really reap the rewards of that scenario, you must also feed your skin the right nutrients, and protect it from free radical degradation (as much as possible.)

What works for me is simply a topical regime of antioxidants/vitamins, which reside in our healthy skin naturally. I simply replenish them 2 or 3 times a day.

In case you're interested, my regime includes;

Vitamin A (retinyl palmitate & retinol)
Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic acid & MAP)
Vitamin E (complete tocotrienol complex. virgin palm oil serves the purpose for me.)
Hyaluronic Acid (1% high molecular weight serum)
CoQ10 (1% goes in everything I make)
Glutathione (2%)
Ceramides (from lipowheat)
Panthenol & Niacinamide (as the mood strikes me.)

ETA: I've played around with an assortment of amino acids, but in order to use the recommended amount to do any good, I really couldn't stand the smell. I prefer to keep things unscented, but amino acids (and alpha lipoic acid also), make it impossible.. Stinky Sad

cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 31, 2014 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Pablita wrote:

Just want to clarify for you... LED use will increase ATP, which in turn will increase collagen production...

BUT... to really reap the rewards of that scenario, you must also feed your skin the right nutrients, and protect it from free radical degradation (as much as possible.)

What works for me is simply a topical regime of antioxidants/vitamins, which reside in our healthy skin naturally. I simply replenish them 2 or 3 times a day.

Vitamin E (complete tocotrienol complex. virgin palm oil serves the purpose for me.)
Glutathione (2%)

ETA: I've played around with an assortment of amino acids, but in order to use the recommended amount to do any good, I really couldn't stand the smell. I prefer to keep things unscented, but amino acids (and alpha lipoic acid also), make it impossible.. Stinky Sad

Thanks so much for posting what works for you! I'm always curious what you are up to. Thanks for always so generously sharing. I hope all is well Smile

5% products discount

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Pablita wrote:

Glutathione (2%)

Kassy do u use these ingredients in one formulation or a combination of different formulas? Would love to get some tips on what is most beneficial together and when to use it (morning /night) etc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Just starting using my Lightstim (for wrinkles) again. It's been probably over 6 months since I've used it. I forgot how much I loved this thing. I wonder how I can use this in conjunction with my Tria anti-aging laser? I used the Lightstim the past 3 nights and my skin just looks improved like I've been getting really good sleep lately, really brightens up your complexion. I'm gonna try and stay consistent with the Lightstim and use for a full 2 months, 5 days a week. I love this device because it's one of those devices that will last a long time (LED) and it's so simple. Glad I pulled it out of my closet again!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wish I had a tanning bed filled with red, infrared and amber LEDs. Smile I love this thing so much again! I use either morning or night and I'm just so happy about what it does. Within a few days my skin has really bounced back to being so smooth and creamy looking. Does the Lightstim still have a big following like it used to? I bought one originally back in 2009, used it for a bit then returned it because at the time I wanted the $340 back. Fast forward to 2012, I purchased a new Lightstim on eBay for $150 and I'm so glad I repurchased it, and got it over half price! I remember back in 2009, everyone on here was getting this thing...
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought a second (used) Lightstim (wrinkles) on eBay. $45.00 shipped. Cuts my treatment time in half! Laughing I can't stop buying devices it's a sick obsession. Honestly though, you can't beat a Lightstim for 45$ considering they are still selling for $250 online.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
$45 is a fantastic deal!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie wrote:
$45 is a fantastic deal!!!!

I know, I got a good deal! I spotted it on eBay a few days before the sale ended, and I was the only one to bid on it at 9am as I was getting ready for work. I got the first and only bid so I won it, I'm surprised no one else jumped on it. It doesn't come with the box or serum or goggles but I don't need any of that, as long as the light shines it's fine with me. Smile

You can find plenty of deals on lightstims on eBay, many selling for 60-80$. But I do agree $45 is an amazing deal. There's a lightstim mini selling for $60 right now, no bidding.
Becst*r
5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:27 am      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Just starting using my Lightstim (for wrinkles) again. It's been probably over 6 months since I've used it. I forgot how much I loved this thing. I wonder how I can use this in conjunction with my Tria anti-aging laser? I used the Lightstim the past 3 nights and my skin just looks improved like I've been getting really good sleep lately, really brightens up your complexion. I'm gonna try and stay consistent with the Lightstim and use for a full 2 months, 5 days a week. I love this device because it's one of those devices that will last a long time (LED) and it's so simple. Glad I pulled it out of my closet again!

You've possibly already seen it on the Tria thread, but early on I believe PQ recommends using Lightstim in the 4 week off cycle. I've just finished reading it, but it's 46 pages long so I could be wrong.

I've just started back up on Lightstim and will now be on the look out on eBay too! Great idea, can't believe I never thought to buy a second one Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
EC413 wrote:

You've possibly already seen it on the Tria thread, but early on I believe PQ recommends using Lightstim in the 4 week off cycle. I've just finished reading it, but it's 46 pages long so I could be wrong.

I've just started back up on Lightstim and will now be on the look out on eBay too! Great idea, can't believe I never thought to buy a second one Very Happy

Thank you for the tip on using both together! I'll have to read through this whole topic again (and the Tria topic), I did years back and gained so much info but I forgot most of it!

Yes, always keep a look out on eBay, you're bound to get a good deal like I did, plenty of Lightstims on there going for a lot cheaper than the $250 they're asking on Lightstim.com, even Amazon sells them for $180. I can't believe years ago (2010) I paid $340 for my Anti Aging Lightstim and now 4 years later I'm paying 45$ for the same device. I can't believe more people don't look into LED light therapy.

A lot of people on here have bought two Lightstims to make the treatments quicker. I cannot wait to have two going at the same time, will make it so much quicker. My other Lightstim is arriving today, along with an Omnilux New-U Red/IR device. I'm a junkie. But I got both the Omnilux and Lightstim for under $100 combined (45 for Lightstim, 50 for Omnilux), pretty good deal...I'm a firm believer in the benefits of LED therapy for the skin.
Becst*r
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I've lead you astray! It was initially recommend for use on the off cycle but later changed to layer it with use. I can't post the link to PQ's chart but it's on page 31 of the Tria thread. My apologies Embarassed

I get a monthly Omnilux treatment and have been using my Lightstim again for nearly 2 weeks now and *believe* that I am seeing some very minor improvement in skin texture, which is on top of what I see with my monthly treatment. I have another Omnilux treatment today.

Saved a search and notification on eBay for the Lightstim and might for a few other equivalents Very Happy My husband always gives me a look when my eBay notification goes off on my phone!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Becst*r wrote:
I've lead you astray! It was initially recommend for use on the off cycle but later changed to layer it with use. I can't post the link to PQ's chart but it's on page 31 of the Tria thread. My apologies Embarassed

I get a monthly Omnilux treatment and have been using my Lightstim again for nearly 2 weeks now and *believe* that I am seeing some very minor improvement in skin texture, which is on top of what I see with my monthly treatment. I have another Omnilux treatment today.

Saved a search and notification on eBay for the Lightstim and might for a few other equivalents Very Happy My husband always gives me a look when my eBay notification goes off on my phone!

Thank you! On page 31 I found a link to a document showing what is okay/what is not okay to use together. I found that it's totally fine to use the Tria AND Lightstim at the same time, and after the recovery period...and using the Lightstim during the treatment time actually greatly enhances the results and it's totally safe. The only time to not use the Lightstim with the Tria is when you're done with Tria's treatment cycle and you're taking a few weeks off (let's your skin rest completely). Thank you for letting me know the page number, helped greatly!

Before I bought the Omnilux, I read around and found a few reviews, but not as much reviews as the Lightstim. The Lightstim seems to be the leader in LED devices. But the few people who DID review the Omnilux New U said it was a great well built device that gives results. However, it only has red/infrared, unlike the Lightstim that has deep red, light red, amber and infrared. We will see, I can't wait to get off work and get home and rip open the box!

We're also in the same age range...I'm in my mid/upper 30's Wink I think the Lightstim/Tria is perfect for skin our age, it's all about prevention. Zap those wrinkles before they get bad!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
Got my $45 Lightstim. Device is in near perfect shape (one tiny microscopic chip in plastic rim area), except when it's held a certain way, it rattles lol. My other Lightstim doesn't rattle at all but I've heard some do. Anyone have one that rattles? Also when I move it around my face I can feel the circle disc with the diodes on it shifting, so obviously something is loose internally but I'm ok with it.

Anyways, light works fine and im so happy to have two Lightstims.
Becst*r
5% products discount

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Scored an Omnilux New U on eBay Very Happy Now I will just have to alternate sides between the AALS & Omnilux.

I've found that the Lightstim is working brilliantly with the Tria.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |