Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Phillips ReAura Fraxel Laser... Dangerous, Do NOT Buy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 am      Reply with quote
No, not daily. Twice weekly for 8 weeks with ReAura. It's the Tria that requires daily treatment.

Skincare wrote:
Chiqui65 wrote:
It's 799 Pound Sterling, that's approximately 1,276.28 CAD.

You can check yourself with a currency converter like this one:

http://www.xe.com/en/currencyconverter/

If I were you I would buy the TRIA - less expensive, available in Canada and according to PQ (who owns and tried both), it gives the same results. Smile

I've read that you have to use it daily. I don't mind, but hard to fit in my routine.
Chiqui65
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Chiqui65 wrote:
It's 799 Pound Sterling, that's approximately 1,276.28 CAD.

You can check yourself with a currency converter like this one:

http://www.xe.com/en/currencyconverter/

If I were you I would buy the TRIA - less expensive, available in Canada and according to PQ (who owns and tried both), it gives the same results. Smile

I've read that you have to use it daily. I don't mind, but hard to fit in my routine.

That's true but it's only 4 Minutes if you use level 2 and 10 Minutes if you use level 3 (that is for the face; don't know if you wish to treat other areas). In my humble opinion, that's not hard to fit in. But it is of course up to you. Smile
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I have the tria and amazingly am able to fit it into a daily treatment just before I go to bed. I am on level 3 and I love it! As PQ said in his review both do what they say on the tin!

I chose the tria partly because of what PQ had said but also as I have mixed race skin and spoke to the tria people specifically about whether I could use it. They said I could.So that was it!
Now I remember very early on the phillips website it said something about being careful if you had dark skin ,it has since gone from the website( could be wrong there,but recently I couldnt find it) I should think they were being extra careful!

I have had no problems with the trio ,and will continue with it

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
I do like to rotate and it all depends on my skin, but I use lactic acid peels, the real microdermabrasion (machine) and if I get Tria, how do I do that daily without over irritating my skin?

I also use prescribed retin-a.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Skincare

If you go to PQs beauty blog he has a chart with all the devices you can use together, or layer it.

As far as I am using it (Tria) I use a very mild exfoliating cream ( skin bios lacsal/exfol cream)
I also use once a week my PMD.

With the tria I have had some real flaking so Ive found the cream to be useful, or even just gentle rubbing with a rough face cloth.

But do check out PQs blog he has it all down to a "T"

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I do like to rotate and it all depends on my skin, but I use lactic acid peels, the real microdermabrasion (machine) and if I get Tria, how do I do that daily without over irritating my skin?

Shock Are you sure all this would not be too much also while using the Reaura?
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I've been using mine for just about a year now. I did the 8weeks of treatments last spring and have been doing one treatment a month for maintenance though I didn't do any over the summer cause of the sun. I love it and it's really improved my skin drastically. I wonder if you had a faulty machine?
NicB
5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:32 am      Reply with quote
I know this post is a bit old now but I have a question about the reaura. I have been using for around 12 months and like the product. However, I do keep an eye out for and new news. I have noticed it is no longer available for sale either through philips or space nk, I bought mine from boots but they no longer stock it either. Does anybody know why this is? Don't want to be using it if a problem has been identified but can't find anything on this at all.
Thank you
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:32 am      Reply with quote
NicB wrote:
I know this post is a bit old now but I have a question about the reaura. I have been using for around 12 months and like the product. However, I do keep an eye out for and new news. I have noticed it is no longer available for sale either through philips or space nk, I bought mine from boots but they no longer stock it either. Does anybody know why this is? Don't want to be using it if a problem has been identified but can't find anything on this at all.
Thank you

It is still being advertised by Philips on their website and is available on line at Space NK.
http://www.spacenk.com/Reaura.html

I'm still using mine and am very satisfied with it.

5% products discount

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi, thanks for your response. Space NK are still showing the link but when you follow the links you can't actually buy it. Been in touch with Philips who say they have discontinued it but likely to be a newer model in the new year. I'm reassured that there are no problems with it so thanks for responding, I appreciate it
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
NicB wrote:
Hi, thanks for your response. Space NK are still showing the link but when you follow the links you can't actually buy it. Been in touch with Philips who say they have discontinued it but likely to be a newer model in the new year. I'm reassured that there are no problems with it so thanks for responding, I appreciate it

That's very interesting - I wonder what improvements they will make.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:08 am      Reply with quote
I bought one 3 weeks ago from John Lewis (they have a few units left in a couple of stores) after my Tria stopped working.
Philips told me that there wasn't enough interest in it so they stopped production but never mentioned any new release.
Glad I snapped up one of the few remaining as it's a whole lot better than my Tria ever was!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |