Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Refa Carat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Kroin1234
5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:29 am      Reply with quote
I am posting the results of my lengthy investigation on real vs. fake Refa Carats. The manufacturer in Taiwan said there is a serial # under the right ball and on the ball of my box. This is supposed to be proof of authenticity. Weird place to put a serial # but whatever. I was able to operate a smartphone with the Refa. That's supposed to be a test as well. I have a sterling silver shot glass that worked once on the smartphone but then not. Cagey. Radio Shack has ammeters that measure milliamps, not microamps so maybe it's okay that the needle didn't move. But why did it move for my Refa Pro. I saved $109 (retail for the Carat is $290)but spent a whole day going crazy and I'm still not 100% sure I have the real deal. I think since I could unlock the smartphone with the ball of the Carat I am going to consider mine authentic. Just showing the thing to the boys at Radio Shack aged me.

5% products discount

Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Kroin1234 wrote:
Just showing the thing to the boys at Radio Shack aged me.

This had me ROFL. rofl rofl You are a braver woman than me! I was too bashful even to take it in my carry-on for fear that I would have to explain the odd looking thing to security personnel.

Anyway, it sounds like you'll be okay with it, after all is said and done.
Kroin1234
5% products discount

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Just got your reply which makes me believe you'll get this eventually. I tend to log on when I am in need and then go about my business for a few months. You want to hear something worse than Radio Shack thinking my Refa is a sex toy? I bought a Refa Pro, sold it because I thought I'd like the Carat more, didn't like it more, sold it and just bought another Refa Pro. So I had to (OCD made me do it) take it to Radio Shack again. But this time since it's the Christmas season I was afraid they were going to think it was a hold-up when I took the thing out of my purse. Poor guy.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:09 am      Reply with quote
I've got both Refa Pro and Refa Carat too. I like Refa Pro more on my face. I'm now using the Refa Carat for my leg muscles.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I splurged and purchased this. WOW - this device is no joke. My skin is tingling after treatment and feels wonderful.

I cant wait to see the results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Erg, where did you purchase your Re Fa Carat?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I purchased mine from dermstore. I went to the manufacturer website and they have a section where you can view a list of authorized online retailers. I wanted to make sure I did not get a fake.

I was really surprised at how intense the massage action was. Really pleased and a pleasure to use.

Let me know if you get one - would love to hear more people's experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Erg, i decided to purchase from Amazon for $210 I think this may well be a genuine re fa carat and it is amazon prime so comes with free shipping. it is shipped from Japan but is fulfilled by amazon (i already checked with amazon to assure that if the item is not genuine i can return it free)
i use Kroin's info about where the serial number is on the unit and the box as a major factor in determining if it is genuine, as well as how it feels.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
ok, i cancelled my re fa carat order soon after leaving my last post.

i was re-reading about mercury retrograde's (which we are in now..till 2/11) and remembering that, astrologically speaking, major decisions made at this time, including purchases, turn out not to be quite right.

so i'm going to wait and see what developes. Perhaps a better deal on a 'for sure' authentic carat.

meanwhile i still really feel this device is something i will use everyday and love, like i do my vaculiftor and Gua Sha board.

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
JR,

did you buy your Vaculifter recently?
Mine broke, and now I am not sure where to get the replacements.

Btw, I have Refa Carat ordered from Amazon, and it does not have any serial numbers. I placed an order at dermstore, so I can compare the two and see if there is a difference in the appearance or the effect.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sigma,
I purchased my vaculifter in 2010. I would love to know if you find a place that sells them (just in case mine ever breaks)

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
Are you buying the ReFa Carat from Dermstore because you aren't satisfied with the results from your Amazon device? I will be very interested in the comparison between the two models.

About Amazon, there are different sellers offering the ReFa Carat, I am wondering if that makes a difference in whether it is an authentic device or not.

sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
JR,

I found no marking on my Refa Carat; nor did I see any tangible results and stopped using it. In hope that it is fake and that a real thing will produce some results I ordered the one from dermstore.

I will update once I receive it and get a chance to compare both of them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma, I'm so glad I cancelled my order from Amazon. I am hoping that you get good results from you Dermstore unit, as your experience will be an influence in my decision to purchase.

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I just looked at mine I purchased from Dermstore... and authorized retailer... NO serial numbers.
I need to do some research and will contact the manufacturer.

I really do like it.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
i re-read Kroin's post. I had originally thought she meant that she had spoken to the authentic manufacturer of the Refa.

But now that I am looking at her post again, perhaps she is saying that the manufacturer of the device she actually bought told her that the serial number on the ball of the carat was proof it was authentic..if this is so it may be that the whole 'serial number authenticity" may not be the case at all.

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I went on the manufacturer website and it says nothing about a serial number.

http://refausa.com/warning.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering - for the people who do see results with it - how exactly do you use it and how many repetitions?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Sigma,
I am wondering if anyone might have PM'ed you regarding their routine.

if not, i reeall Fawnie posting in one of the ReFa
threads that she really liked her Carat. Perhaps you could PM her.

If you find out anything interesting that can be made public, please post here.

ccorbett02

Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have a Refa Carat that I bought directly from the manufacturer. I can't find a serial number anywhere on the device.

It comes with an instruction book that gives guidelines based on goals (reducing marionette lines, reducing a double chin, etc).

I use it daily, in the morning after my shower and applying Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyn Hyaluronic Acid Lotion. I find it helps the product absorb more quickly. It feels relaxing and soothing for my skin. I use it after dermarolling as well.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
ccorbetto,

if you don't mind sharing, what age range are you in?

do you notice any other effects from daily massage with the Carat, in addition to the absorption of product and relaxation…like tightening of the skin (if you are at an age when that becomes an issue)

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Erg, have you noticed anything happening yet with the Carat?

ccorbett02

Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I am 35 years old. I bought it because I wanted to use it for facial massage but I don't like to touch my face with my hands (I work in healthcare). I haven't used it long enough to say what it helped with other than decreasing facial tension in the muscles in my cheeks (I wear a dental splint) and soothing my skin after dermarolling. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

When I bought mine it came with a free Refa I-Style which I use when I travel.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:32 am      Reply with quote
JR,
Nothing visible yet - But my skin feels great after use, a tingling sensation and it just feels great. What I like the best is that I can use it while watching TV... no cords, just easy.

It really does provide a deep massage. I find it works the best (on me) on my arms, chest and face.

hope that helps,

5% products discount

Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Erg, that's what I do too but I don't like having to keep a small light on for the micro current. Wish it could operate in the dark.

JR and sigma, I use this as a replacement for tanaka massage. It's worked well to get rid of a lot of excess lymph mostly under chin and lower face, only so so for puffy under eye. I don't keep strict schedules but I think that took several months, maybe 3-5x a week, 20 min or so. That may be more than you need though. If you do too much you can get a tired look. There is slight lifting on par with tanaka massage effects. Can't point to anything specific, just look better when I use it. I do think there is a cumulative benefit but it's so slow it's hard to see. I think I'm also seeing good synergistic effects with led too.

Recently, I found that it can help me discover tension areas on my face that I can't find any other way. I don't feel these with massage. I found them using one prong of the carat and go over the face rolling slowly and very firmly. I Was shocked to find so much tension and soreness but they corresponded to problem areas on my face like under eye, NL line, cheeks, chin. Releasing that tension, which is going to take a long while, should result in a less rumpled look.

Just to throw this out there ... Maybe I'm misunderstanding kroin on her other thread, but wasn't she saying she got better results from her $100 counterfeit device than the real thing?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |