Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

SkinPen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any experience with the SkinPen treatment?
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:01 am      Reply with quote
This looks like a derma pen that you can buy at a very reasonable cost and do the treatment yourself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Can you advise where I can buy the DermaPen? Have you used it,and can you give me tips on application.
Thanks so much.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:35 am      Reply with quote
cherallynne forcella wrote:
Can you advise where I can buy the DermaPen? Have you used it,and can you give me tips on application.
Thanks so much.

I bought mine from here

http://equipmed.com/aesthetic-equipment/dermapen

But their customer service is somewhat disorganized imho. Altho its a great device the company seems to be disorganized and in a state of reorganization or something.

Please wait for new versions of the needling pen to come out from other manufacturers. Dr Setterfield is reportedly in process of coming out with one in future.

As far as application tips, please see the lengthy and detailed thread on EDS about Needling. Its been discussed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the info. I called a local derm's office and they said it was around $400 per treatment, so I'm excited about doing it myself.
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use the SkinPen in my spa. I like everything about it!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie,
Please advise how long I should wait between treatments - what do you recommend for your clients when you do their SkinPen applications.
Thanks!
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:54 am      Reply with quote
4 weeks between unless you have scaring and you go to town on them, then wait 6 weeks.

I try to have my clients follow Dr Setterfield's protocol with topicals but I can't force them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:16 am      Reply with quote
LauraLizzie,

What is Dr Setterfield's protocol with topicals?

Thanks!

LauraLizzie wrote:
4 weeks between unless you have scaring and you go to town on them, then wait 6 weeks.

I try to have my clients follow Dr Setterfield's protocol with topicals but I can't force them!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
LauraLizzie,

What is Dr Setterfield's protocol with topicals?

Thanks!

LauraLizzie wrote:

fawnie posted this on another thread:

This is Dr Setterfield's protocol from his book Concise Guide to Dermal Needling:

Skin prep. home:
Ensure product composition is matched to the skin condition in question.

1. Supplements [ enteric coated omega 3, glucosamine and multi vitamins.
2. Cleaners and toners
3. Topical Vit A [ Best result, but more side effects with higher doses]
4. Topical Vitamin C
5. Topical antioxidants
6. Topical Copper peptides[ CuGHK].
7. Topical growth factors.
8. Sunscreen

Post treatment: Inflammatory and Lag Phase: The Goal is to work with , not against the forces of nature. { Dr. Setterfield}

Days 1-5
Nutritional Supplements:
Omega 3
Vitamins A + E
Colostrum
Vitamin C
Calcium

Topical Anti Ox:
ALA
Omega 3
Glutathione
Resveratrol

Introduces Lymph drainage here

Days 5-14 Fibroplastic phase / Wound healing

Nutritional Supplementation= same + Minerals, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Calcium

Topical:
ALA
Vitamines A,C,E
Omega 3
Glutathione
Resveratrol
Colostrum
Copper peptides.

Introduces Lymph drainage here as well^^

Maturaqtive Phase : 14-28 days- 2years- Wound healing
Nutritional supplements: Same as above

Topical:
Antioxidants [ not specific]
ALA
Vitamins A,C,E
Glutathione
Resveratrol
colostrum
Copper peptides
Sunscreen
And introduces Ionotophoresis and Ultrasound here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'd like to hear what LauraLizzie uses as compared to this list that fawnie posted. I don't have Setterfeld's book, unfortunately.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I can't force my clients to use things at home (sadly....LOL) so I use products with hyaluronic acid, growth factors, peptides and antioxidants. I pen these into the skin, apply more before they leave and suggest products that have these things in them to use at home.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
DermaPen treatment makes the skin smoother and the healing period is fast. Some topical anesthesia cream is applied on the cheeks to have numbing effect before the treatment. Therefore, it is not hurting at all but you might feel like someone is using the facial cleaning brush and brushing your face. Mineral foundation can be applied 2 days later after the treatment.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used my new pen on my undereye puffs (on my cheekbones) and am amazed that they are almost gone only three days later!There was some minimal red marks (no bruising)which have faded out. (I covered them with concealer, so they were no big deal.)
I did my forehead, throat, inside of my elbows which looks 'crepey',underarm skin (also crepey) and my hands. I am excited to see the future results.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Setterfield's book states that the puncturing of the skin and subsequent healing cascade brought on by the blood cells rushing to the wounds releases growh factors. So it doesnt seem necessary to apply any growth factors topically afterward. Hyaluronic acid and antioxidants should work just fine but everyone has their own ideas. I just try to follow Setterfield's guidelines myself. Just my 2˘ Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |