Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is the best way you have found to stimulate collagen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
In all the fad and facts and gadgets, techniques, procedures, Dr's treatment etc., that you have found to be the best way to stimulate collagen?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I would say a combination of derma-rolling and very bright red light combined with infra-red light (source - phototheraputics New-U) and combined with microdermabrasion. Vit C & collagen supplements.

Works well.

Photoqueen.
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
silly question from me: how do you tell you have new collegan grown? or you have stimulated the growth successfully?

Healing and recover doesn't count, does it?
Kandy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:09 am      Reply with quote
massaging and pinching the skin
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Retin-A

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/topical/tretin.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'll go with the active massage, pinching and dry brushing of the skin. You'll feel it getting thicker. Many people believe in the use of MSM and vit C supplements for the skin. I teach Nutrition at a college and tell my students "c" is for collagen.
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I agree - pinching works well - I use a Wellbox which has a slight pinching and massaging affect on the skin - my skin looks great after about a week and gets better as time goes on.
Zelda
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
What's a wellbox?
photoqueen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:09 am      Reply with quote
http://www.wellbox.com/EN/wellbox_treatment.html

It uses a treatment called liftmassage for the face, more details on their site.

I find it really works on my face and neck.

PQ
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Retin-A is the only topical to have been scientifically proven to stimulate collagen growth. That is why it's a medicine and not a cosmetic - it works deep down in the tissue of the skin to regenerate collagen.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
For those who pinch the skin to stimulate collagen, how hard do you pinch and for how long? How frequent?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
For those who pinch the skin to stimulate collagen, how hard do you pinch and for how long? How frequent?

Bira,
I do this as part of my facial exercise/massage routine every day. I pinch/twist/roll/knead/tap/pull and massage as deeply as I can stand without causing bruising for as long as I can/time allows. I find myself pinching thruout the day when I have time and my hands are clean.

You would be surprised at how much thicker the tissues of the face feel after doing this for as little as 2 weeks. I'm convinced it is contributing to collagen build.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Bira wrote:

Bira,
I do this as part of my facial exercise/massage routine every day. I pinch/twist/roll/knead/tap/pull and massage as deeply as I can stand without causing bruising for as long as I can/time allows. I find myself pinching thruout the day when I have time and my hands are clean.

You would be surprised at how much thicker the tissues of the face feel after doing this for as little as 2 weeks. I'm convinced it is contributing to collagen build.

Thanks fawnie. I started a thread in skincare about massaging the nose/mouth lines after I read this thread. I was hoping that massaging the lines will fill up the grooves. Do you think that's a possibility?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Anything is possible I guess, but I think it is the strengthening of the underlying musculature of the face along WITH the massage that really reforms the face.

You might try it! But be gentle at first til you see if you are apt to bruise from it. Go to LouLou's Ageless If You Dare site and do the exercises along with her til you get a feel for it!

You can thicken the skin up til the cows come home but if the underlying muscles are flaccid and weak, the face will still be saggy, right?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I know this is an older thread, but hoping some of you who were discussing the pinch roll massage could set my mind at ease. I have been massaging my upper eye lids for several days now, pinching, and they look terrible, like loose and draping!! They've never done that before and i'm kinda freaking out. The skin looks stressed and unhealthy Sad

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
jenp7 wrote:
I know this is an older thread, but hoping some of you who were discussing the pinch roll massage could set my mind at ease. I have been massaging my upper eye lids for several days now, pinching, and they look terrible, like loose and draping!! They've never done that before and i'm kinda freaking out. The skin looks stressed and unhealthy Sad
Hi Jen, You are right, your lids are stressed. Give them a rest. There is no damage. When all calms down they'll look amazing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, and when you restart, do so more gently/less aggressively.

It's like running a marathon. If you're really really fit, you can go out and run a half-marathon any day. But if you're new to that type of aerobic fitness, you need to start out more gradually and work you way up to those more challenging workouts Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
In all the fad and facts and gadgets, techniques, procedures, Dr's treatment etc., that you have found to be the best way to stimulate collagen?

For me it's a one two punch.. 1. LED, 2. Microneedling.

And of course a great topical antioxidant regime of DIY products.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Im amending my post to say that Retin-A was way too drying for me. Microencapsulated retinyl is more kind to the skin (for me anyway). It has the same effect as Retin-A but may take longer and is not as drying or harsh (for me).

Then: DermaPen needling

Then: SQOOM (iontophoresis/sonophoresis) for product penetration of active ingredients like hyaluronic acid. Vitamin A and Vitamin C are the building blocks. Everything else is secondary.

Sunscreen to protect the skin from collagen degradation.

Phospholipids to support the barrier function.

Nutrition.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Deb and CM for the words of encouragement-- I am not doing too much scrutinizing in the mirror right now....hoping things will spring back to shape within a week or so.

I have definitely noticed thickening skin in NL area over the last year or two of regular massage. Just have never touched the eye area aggressively and noticed they seemed thin. Next, time I will be more gentle...

As for me with collagen build-- nutrition and hydration seem key as well as skin stimulation (massage mainly)

I have started dry brushing my body and face-- great results on body-- but nothing totally obvious on face yet...

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to believe that massage can achieve what needling has - massage is cheaper, easier, less painful, no downtime. I do it regularly as part of facial exercises. But any results are a lot less obvious to me than the very clear, very impressive results I've had from needling.

It seems obvious that challenging the skin with massage is a good idea, and I will continue, but for me it doesn't get deep into lines and doesn't make such obvious thickening withing a few weeks as needling does.

Retin-a isn't an option for me - gives me a horrible rash. Anyway, I'm a very DIY person, so would rather not be dependent on a medical product Smile.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and: months ago I posted a query here about exactly what studies we have proving that massage builds collagen. Strangely, interest was nearly zero. And all my searches online have come up with NOTHING. No scientific proof that massage helps build collagen. Whereas CIT has been scientifically proven to do so.

But if someone has found scientific proof re massage building collagen, please post it, I'm very keen on the concept.
ellatu
5% products discount

Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I am on the 4th week of treatment with my Tria Anti Aging laser and I am seeing greater improvement in wrinkles, hyperpigmentation and pores than I have ever seen with many years and $$$$ worth of topicals. I know I am building collagen with this brilliant device. I am so happy that I decided to buy it:-)
bob44
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Needl wrote:
Oh and: months ago I posted a query here about exactly what studies we have proving that massage builds collagen. Strangely, interest was nearly zero. And all my searches online have come up with NOTHING. No scientific proof that massage helps build collagen. Whereas CIT has been scientifically proven to do so.

But if someone has found scientific proof re massage building collagen, please post it, I'm very keen on the concept.

Do you have the link to where CIT has scientifically been shown to improve collagen? Thanks!
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Not the link, but look up Dr Des Fernandes and you'll see his published work.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |