Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Do you know what the size/strength of the strain is that they use? Because I suspect that younger fibroblasts can undergo more of a strain than older ones, just like muscle in younger people can lift more weight per cross-sectional area of muscle than muscle in older people. I assume that the thymidine incorporation is a measure of DNA synthesis, while proline incorporation is a measure of collagen synthesis--so the article looks at the synthesis angle, not the whole remodeling picture (i.e., no direct measure of collagen strength or 'quality'). Nonetheless, it says something very interesting about age-related differences in response to stretching. And that's interesting, too, about there being differences between uniaxial and biaxial strains. I might have guessed that younger people respond better to vigorous massage and stretching, but it's nice to see any article on this topic. Thanks for posting this, DragoN!! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2012 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've been super-busy (i.e. overwhelmed!) and I know I owe a handful of people PMs/posts...my apologies...I haven't forgotten and I hope to respond soon...please forgive me.

In the meantime, I know at least a couple of people have PM'ed me in the last couple of months about facial exercises and the costs so I just want to let them and others who might be interested know that

FlexEffect is currently on sale for $75.00 (usually it's ~ $120)

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5066

IMO, a great deal on the most comprehensive facial program out there in terms of total number of exercises (55+) and other techniques Smile Just thought that people would appreciate knowing about the $45 discount. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:

Bit of a mixed bag....
I'm for the muscle work...but as far as the skin stretching goes....going to have to give that aspect a pass. Too old.

When you say skin stretching are you referring to the cross stretching technique? Hopefully, you're not passing on the massage. It definitely is as important as the exercises. When I pinch my face, I can't believe how thick my skin has become.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 8:10 am      Reply with quote
There's a sale on they're put on their forum, which you may want to make the most of where its going for $75.00.

Am going to post a link to it here but figure I should share with my EDS buddies!

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=5066&page=1
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 8:52 am      Reply with quote
That's a great price. Dang it, I just bought the Yamuna system and don't really need to spend any more on beauty stuff right now. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha, no one held a gun at your head, or is holding a gun at your head. Don't know how long that price is going to last. Did you buy just the dvd, I think they should send the book with it but they don't and you have to really battle with them to get it, but they are selling a pdf book of it too if you want it (the yamuna stuff that is). Besides your a guy so you probably are much luckier than us women in the aging stakes with your thicker skin etc.
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2012 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I'm glad I bought it; it's just I keep seeing things I want to get. Oh well.. Very Happy I did buy the set with DVD. I haven't gotten the pdf yet, but I am interested in getting it because I would like more info on how long exactly to press on each point, etc...plus I understand there are directions for shorter workouts. Oh and I agree the booklet should be included seeing as how it's pretty pricey as it is for a DVD and 2 balls. I just justify it to myself that I'm paying for the information/education.

I am interested in the bone stuff in the Flex Effect program and maybe some exercises for lower face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Well Yumana will do the bone stuff pretty much in a similar way (but using the ball) than FlexEffect. I just find with Yamuna she’s not done the same research as Deb has, but she’s still come out with a great product and I really like it. The booklet is small but like most books there are some extras on there that aren’t on the dvd and I always hate that when that happens, because I can well get things wrong quite easily! There are different workout lengths though, there is a 5, 10 minute and 15 minute and even ½ an hour one for sure.

The FlexEffect program is the best one I’ve seen that covers everything. Yep muscles need work without doubt but I think you got to do stuff for skin and the cross stretching is my favourite. It helped me get rid of my NLs!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:10 am      Reply with quote
In case it helps anyone, FlexEffect is now on sale at 25% off:

http://www.flexeffect.com/product.htm

Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Yeahh!! do you know till when, it was my birthday this week!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:19 am      Reply with quote
audrey22 wrote:
Yeahh!! do you know till when, it was my birthday this week!

No, I don't. Let me ask and get back to you. Haven't been around either forum (FE or EDS) much in a while due to work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Just got an answer: The sale on FlexEffect will last through September Smile

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot for inquiring, that's for sure good news!!
havana8

Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:17 am      Reply with quote
moved from the Up to date photos – Facial Exercise Program Founders thread

Kath91 wrote:
Kath91 wrote:
Deb Crowley wrote:
....BTW... those of you in facial training...If you have trained your facial muscles to the max, and, you still have what is described above, you need to be building your facial bone (bone remodeling) Again, if you are low in Calcium, D3 K2 it’s not gonna work

Gosh, what an interesting notion.."If you have trained your facial muscles to the max..."

I hadn't ever considered that there was a *max*.

@Deb Crowley, X-posting from the Cancer Prevention thread that you started.

Don't know if you saw my post...Was wondering if you could elaborate on what *max* meant.

TIA

TheresaMary wrote:
I think it means that you have done all you can do training wise to shock the muscles into growth, with the variations etc of FlexEffect. if you find that its not working then you need to look elsewhere perhaps? Just guessing here, but it might be a question you want to ask one of the trainers but that's just my take on it.

facialdetox wrote:
Max in exercise term means it has reach a plateau
to move beyone the plateau, we need to train harder and find a better system
all professional sport person take the word plateau very serious. it mean time to retire.
as for facial massage / exercise / detox practitioner, once you reach the plateau (you look and feel 10 years younger )
you just need to maintance it.

TheresaMary wrote:
facialdetox bearing in mind that the founder of FlexEffect was a bodybuilder in competitions, I think that to properly understand the original question you would need to have seen her system. The OP was asking about Deb’s comments in relation to that, not what training to the max means in general but Deb’s take on what training to the max means with her system, which involves variations etc. Likewise with facial exercises and massage, you say once you reach the plateau you just need to maintain it, well what is a plateau for you is not the same as a plateau for me, or someone else, so it’s a bit of a silly statement really. Sure when you have got results you want to maintain, but what if you want to keep on going and going and going, there shouldn’t be any limit really should there?
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for trying, TheresaMarie and facialdetox.

But sadly I’m still confused.

Deb Crowley wrote in the Cancer Prevention Thread –

Quote --

“When the cheekbone, (malar bone) flattens the cheeks begin to sag... causing nasolabial folds and marionette lines.

When the jaw starts to go...it causes a jowling effect, flattens the chin, causes lose skin under chin and neck.

When the orbital bone begins to recede you’ll have hollowing of eyes, bottom lids begin to cave. Upper lid droop and mass wrinkles around the eye (skin has got to go somewhere)

BTW... those of you in facial training... If you have trained your facial muscles to the max, and, you still have what is described above, ^ ^ you need to be building your facial bone (bone remodeling). Again, if you are low in Calcium, D3 K2 it’s not gonna work”

End

So, my confusion still rests on -- as she says -- "IF YOU STILL HAVE what is described above" (which, to me, *the above* reads like a face-meltdown --- folds, lines, jowls, caving, drooping, etc.) and that all those things still happen regardless that you’ve reached that max (plateau?) in facial exercising..... DOH?!

disclaimer – I don’t really do or have a facial exercise program, per se. But was just curious about Deb’s comment.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:11 am      Reply with quote
I think what she is saying is that if you have trained, and that fall down is still happening then you need to start working on the bones.

If you think of a house, the bone is kind of like the infrastructure or skeleton of the house, and the bricks and cement are like the muscles, so if you have the house in place and the bricks etc are all new and yet they are leaning or not perfectly straight you’d work on the infrastructure right – i.e. the bones.

Well the same is true for the face, if you got strong facial muscles, and the bones they are resting on is weak, then this will create a look that you describe. However for good bones you need the D3 and K2, and calcium also.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Thx much, TheresaMary.

My thoughts per Deb’s comment --

(with a passing interest of trying to get better insight about the different facial-exercising philosophies + practices)

I envisioned those who were already knowledgeable and were maintaining their strong facial bone-structure and already had good facial muscle tone,…
yet embarked onto a facial exercise program…
that what they ultimately had to look forward to way down the road (at their *max*), was the <facial-meltdown affect> that Deb described. Yikes!

(I just couldn’t wrap my brain around what muscle *max* could mean.)

Or, I was just curious, that, perhaps, they would have concluded that it was just a matter of it being the wrong facial-exercise program for them since they had good bones already.

Or, I also, wondered, maybe, on the other hand, that if anyone’s facial exercise program wasn’t working up to their expectations, over a long period of time, would the default excuses be that their *bones* were weak & deteriorating.

I like your spot on analogy, - foundation, bricks, mortar & all. Smile

(I know that if a building contractor told us our house walls were leaning - due to reaching their limit - but our concrete foundation was intact, I’d be 1st off to find a 2nd (3rd) (4th) opinion contractor.)

Thx again.
Deb Crowley
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Quote taken from 'Cancer Prevention' pg1
Quote:
BTW... those of you in facial training...If you have trained your facial muscles to the max, and, you still have what is described above, you need to be building your facial bone (bone remodeling) Again, if you are low in Calcium, D3 K2 it’s not gonna work

When I used the word ‘max’ it was strictly a figure of speech. What I meant was if you have been training for all your worth, ie several months, you can see and feel the muscle you have built yet you still have facial drape. You should consider bone remodeling.

Could the lack of results be due to a bad training program?... Absolutely. Changing programs just may get the job done... but, if that too doesn’t work, and you’re 50+, again... consider bone remodeling.

Sorry I confused you

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
TY, Deb.

Not knowing much re formal facial-exercise programs, I guess I was over-thinking it all.

I presumed that all programs were created specifically to eradicate, as you appropriately refer to it as, facial drape (versus my term *face-meltdown* LOL) -- so I couldn’t imagine a limit.

I’ve got good & healthy facial bones, no *drape* (yet), but, as you say, starting exercises of the face earlier rather than later is probably a good thing.

Thkx again.
AngelaE8654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Just got an answer: The sale on FlexEffect will last through September Smile

I got it on sale just recently. That was pretty cool. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big fan of the new bone remodeling stuff in FlexEffect. I think it's good to start after bone mass peaks in the mid-twenties.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Ok... My up-to-date photos (age 65) are up. I'm wearing a little mascara but no other makeup. I look tired in my full face shot but thought it best to show as little expression as possible so you can judge the area around my mouth etc. See ya in three more years!

http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Deb Crowley wrote:
Ok... My up-to-date photos (age 65) are up. I'm wearing a little mascara but no other makeup. I look tired in my full face shot but thought it best to show as little expression as possible so you can judge the area around my mouth etc. See ya in three more years!

http://www.flexeffect.com/debpic.htm

Wow, you look amazing Deb. Certainly not like a regular 65-year-old. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Deb, you look wonderful.
I am almost 6 months into your program and finally start seeing some results. Love it! Thank you so very much!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi All,

If you've

(a) Been scared that FlexEffect is too aggressive,

(b) Or were worried about Nonie having said that people can ruin their faces,

Please visit

http://flexeffect.proboards.com/board/35/carolyns-facial-fitness-nonie-aka

to be better informed about what was happening behind-the-scenes with Nonie's campaign against FlexEffect.

-----

I'm posting this because I think it's important that people not be scared off of facial exercises in general...which is what I fear Nonie's posting inadvertently did...

And there are lots of people on the EDS forum who have tried more than one exercise program, so please feel free to ask questions. I know lots of EDS posters are more than willing to share opinions and to help others find a program that they love.

I hope this helps!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |