Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
I've got the droopy dog thing going..... :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm 56 years old and have some serious skin issues going on. I feel like I'm starting to look like the "Droopy dog" cartoon character. I was thinking of trying dermarolling but apparently this doesn't help with sagging. I may still get one to try on my "11's" and forehead lines but need something to help with my lower face sagging/jowls. Short of a lift, which isn't financially possible any time in the near future, will anything help? I'm not opposed to buying a device but most of them seem to help more with texture/creating a glow/etc. My skin texture is actually pretty smooth so I don't want to spend a lot of money if that's all the device will do. I honestly don't believe "products" will help firm enough to make any difference here, I've tried enough of those.

TIA!

Thanks!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Lorraine,

If I were you, I would invest in a good microcurrent machine. But first get a professional treatment by an esty at a local spa and see how you like it. Microcurrent can reverse sag and tighten the skin that's for sure, but depends upon consistency. If you are very saggy it will take some time to reverse that... but it can be done. I own the Pico toner and love it but there are many threads on this forum that talk about the different machines available. There are professional machines, as well as home devices. The Caci, Nuface, the Beautiful Image and others. I tried the Nuface once and wasn't happy with my results, but you might be different. I also own the probes for the Pico and my best results came after buying them. All the best, Aprile
bellabambiiina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
I'm 56 years old and have some serious skin issues going on. I feel like I'm starting to look like the "Droopy dog" cartoon character. I was thinking of trying dermarolling but apparently this doesn't help with sagging. I may still get one to try on my "11's" and forehead lines but need something to help with my lower face sagging/jowls. Short of a lift, which isn't financially possible any time in the near future, will anything help? I'm not opposed to buying a device but most of them seem to help more with texture/creating a glow/etc. My skin texture is actually pretty smooth so I don't want to spend a lot of money if that's all the device will do. I honestly don't believe "products" will help firm enough to make any difference here, I've tried enough of those.

TIA!

Thanks!

it sounds like maybe fillers would be your answer. It seems that would fill the sagging areas and give a lift to the lower face. It would be cheaper than a lift for sure. If you can manage to get a consult with someone they can tell you more about your suitability for that. Other than that, you can try microcurrent. I've tried the NuFace, and it does plump and give a lift but it's something you need to keep using. It just so happens that for me it aggravates my tinnitus, especially when used on the max setting, but that doesnt seem to be a problem for most people. It's probably because I had the condition already and it happens to make it worse. There's also facial exercise, but it seems you need to give it time and trial and error to see which program would work for you.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Lorraine, have you done face exercises? They firm up the muscles that support the skin. You still need to use correct products and probably dermal needling to keep the skin in great condition but addressing the muscles will help with sag primarily.

I do CarolynsFacialFitness and its 15 min per day instead of hours with an expensive device.

You may still need surgery to remove excess skin after you have firmed up but probably less work than someone who doesnt do exercises.

Needles do tighten the skin due to contraction of the myofibroblasts but its not an instant fix.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Aprile,

Probes sound scarey! Thanks for the input, I'll check into the ones you mention. There's so much info on this forum it gets overwhelming.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Bellabambiina,

What a pretty name! I guess that's two votes for microcurrent then! I wonder if it affects everyone with tinnitus that way? I do sometimes have residual tinnitus from a couple of ear surgeries I had.

I actually purchased the FlexEffect program years ago. I just found it too time consuming and hard to keep up with. Honestly, I know I only did it for maybe a week before giving up, just because of the time thing.

I'm kind of afraid of fillers. You don't know if you're going to be happy with the result until it's done and it's too late at that point.
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Fawnie,

I was about a week into the FE program before I decided it was just too time consuming. That was a good while ago when doing something wasn't such a necessity. Smile
If you have a 15 minute program that works, I could handle that!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Lorraine, this is the link to the free exercises on CFF:

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/free-facial-exercises

Depending on your age, you may only need to do the 15min routine 4-5 days a week. Try the freebie exercises (she posts different ones each week) to see if its something you can stick with. Doing the Face Firmer afterward is essential for best results:

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/the-face-firmer-massage-technique-blog

HTH! its 15 min well spent and the DVD shows you exactly how to do them. The time flies.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Thank You!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraineg57 wrote:
Aprile,

Probes sound scarey! Thanks for the input, I'll check into the ones you mention. There's so much info on this forum it gets overwhelming.

Lol they're not scary! Okay so I'll call them wands... like Christine Byer does!! Oh should you purchase a mc unit, you must Google her. She has lots of free microcurrent vids on YouTube. She's the best!! Facial exercise is a great place to start and I still do a few faves. But I am your age and doing facial exercise at this age started to make my face appear gaunt. One of the senior EDS members, Toby, turned me onto microcurrent and I've since replaced my Facercise routine with it. But I have a naturally thinner face and need volume. Pico wands have helped me create lift in the entire face and the gloves add volume. I love the unit. I have no sag and am quite happy with the way my cheeks look now. I would say if your face has some volume, start with fe and see how it goes, but expect to see something after about three months of daily exercise. After age 50, everything takes longer. Good luck to you!!! Best, Aprile
Lorraineg57
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Aprile,

My face is on the thinner side as well. I think I need to plump things up. I was looking at the microcurrent systems and saw the gloves. I couldn't figure out how you use those? How often do you have to use the pico and how long is each "session"? Thanks for all the info btw. Does EDS sell any devices?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:

I'll call them wands... like Christine Byer does!! Oh should you purchase a mc unit, you must Google her. She has lots of free microcurrent vids on YouTube. She's the best!!

She was supposed to do a "Pico Toner" review a few months back after Neurotris sent her the unit. Maybe it didn't meet her expectations.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
aprile wrote:

I'll call them wands... like Christine Byer does!! Oh should you purchase a mc unit, you must Google her. She has lots of free microcurrent vids on YouTube. She's the best!!

She was supposed to do a "Pico Toner" review a few months back after Neurotris sent her the unit. Maybe it didn't meet her expectations.

Hmmm... I had forgotten about that. I hope everything is okay with her... That doesn't seem like her. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her post on this forum in a while either. But honestly, with all of the negativity that persists around EDS, I can't say that I blame her. Perhaps she got turned off by the accusatory comments and innuendos.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Lorraine, I used FlexEffect for a couple of years, then switched to Ageless if you Dare with no ill results and much less time consumption. It's a very affordable programme (unlike FE), and very user-friendly. Each area only gets exercised every second day, which I think makes more sense than daily anyway (muscle needs recovery time to thicken).

For plumping up the cheeks though, the FE exercise where you reach into the mouth and pull inward against fingers with cheek muscles really works. My cheeks got much too 'fat' looking very quickly, I could feel the thick, strong muscles. Even months after ceasing that exercise, those cheek muscles are still thick. I'll let them reduce a bit more (I prefer a more 'cheekbony' look) and then cautiously re-introduce.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I'd attack it from all angles.. topicals.. facial exercise… diet…and choose a few gadgets.

give it time.. like three months or more..and see how you look. then go for the filler/botox if you need to do that.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I agree, a combo attack is best Wink

I had droopy dog going on and started working on it about 8 months ago. I do a bit of CFF, some Ageless, some tanaka, and a lot of dry skin brushing. My little jowls are totally gone. My whole face looks lifted. I also use a cheapie device - this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Bio-Wave-Microcurrent-Massager-Galvanic-Skin-Tighten-Eye-Wrinkle-Remover/231944_1552079784.html I saw it linked here in a post about cheapie replacements for expensive microcurrent gadgets. I use it a few times a week. I honestly have no idea if it works but sometimes if you think something is working you're kind of afraid to stop using it!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
I agree, a combo attack is best Wink

I had droopy dog going on and started working on it about 8 months ago. I do a bit of CFF, some Ageless, some tanaka, and a lot of dry skin brushing. My little jowls are totally gone. My whole face looks lifted. I also use a cheapie device - this one - http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Bio-Wave-Microcurrent-Massager-Galvanic-Skin-Tighten-Eye-Wrinkle-Remover/231944_1552079784.html I saw it linked here in a post about cheapie replacements for expensive microcurrent gadgets. I use it a few times a week. I honestly have no idea if it works but sometimes if you think something is working you're kind of afraid to stop using it!

That's Great!!! Yup over age 50, you need to approach aging from all angles that's for sure! Whatever works - I totally agree!!! I am all into facial massage now too, as well as steaming, microcurrent and a few faves that I still use from Facercise. If the little gadget works for ya, thats a good deal!!! But I so agree, it's usually a combination of things that achieve the goal. Best, Aprile Smile
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
little vase, have you used the cheapy microcurrent device you posted a link to for marionette lines?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
little vase, have you used the cheapy microcurrent device you posted a link to for marionette lines?

Hi Salli,

I didn't have marionette lines so I can't say whether or not it would be effective but it always makes my face feel "lifted", especially the eyebrow and upper eye area. I honestly think it's only temporary but that may be because mine's a cheapie? My problem wasn't so much lines or wrinkles as just general flabbiness of tone, if you know what I mean. The device and the exercises totally attack sagginess, that's for sure.

Have you tried dermarolling for those lines?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi little vase,

Thanks for the response. I read another thread regarding this and it appears that it does some temporary reduction in marionette lines. Unfortunately, nothing permanent.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
Salli, are you doing facial exercises to get the underlying muscles up and back? Then maybe specific needling for any remaining wrinkles in the skin.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Unfortunately, both of your recommendations turned into pretty much a total mess for my face. It took quite some time to get back to normal.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear that. Which programme was that and what kind of needling? And exactly what was the mess?
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a variety of them, some professional - supposedly. Let's just leave it as a total mess.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Needl,

When you refer to the cheek plumping, where are you referring to? I'd like to fill in the upper cheek area in hopes that it will lift the lower half and help the droopies. I really don't want my face to look round though if it fills in the lower cheek....does that make any sense? I have decent cheekbones and don't want to lose that....
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |