Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

LED after Rolling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Hittin40
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Easter!! I was wondering how many of you use the LED after rolling. Do you use it immediately after or do you wait a day or two?
Thanks
havana8

Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Although a bit older, this thread might be helpful:

Dermarolling and LED's
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=37289
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Dr Setterfield and Dr Fernandes both are big on LED immediately after rolling for anti-inflammation now. The wavelengths that Setterfield recs are:

red: 633nm for collagen turnover
near infrared: 780nm for keratinocytes
near infrared: 830nm for macrophages

These are different wavelengths than most of our home devices tho. BabyQ Plus has these wavelengths: 610nm, 630nm, 660nm and 850nm. BabyQ cites the NASA study on burn healing using these nm.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that Fawnie!! I guess led will be on the agenda after the next roll!!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Dr Setterfield and Dr Fernandes both are big on LED immediately after rolling for anti-inflammation now. The wavelengths that Setterfield recs are:

red: 633nm for collagen turnover
near infrared: 780nm for keratinocytes
near infrared: 830nm for macrophages

These are different wavelengths than most of our home devices tho. BabyQ Plus has these wavelengths: 610nm, 630nm, 660nm and 850nm. BabyQ cites the NASA study on burn healing using these nm.

Fawnie,

This is great information! Thank you!

Do you or does anyone else know of a place that lists all the wavelengths used in the most popular LED devices?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
No sorry I only know the specs of BabyQ Plus and LightStim. LightStim is 605, 630, 660 and 855.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:16 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
No sorry I only know the specs of BabyQ Plus and LightStim. LightStim is 605, 630, 660 and 855.

Thanks, Fawnie! Do you use either LightStim or BabyQ Plus?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 28, 2014 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
fawnie wrote:

Thanks, Fawnie! Do you use either LightStim or BabyQ Plus?

fawnie, I want to know too! Which LED do you use? Wink
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have both Quasar Plus and AALS but I like the smaller head on the Quasar better. Both have similar LED wavelengths.

Im willing to send AALS to a loving home if anyone wants it for a decent price. Ive hardly used it - I dont like the large flat head.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:52 am      Reply with quote
How much is a reasonable price?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
What would you offer?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
First remind me what AALS stands for so I can look up the price!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I have both Quasar Plus and AALS but I like the smaller head on the Quasar better. Both have similar LED wavelengths.

Im willing to send AALS to a loving home if anyone wants it for a decent price. Ive hardly used it - I dont like the large flat head.

fawnie, How do you feel about the Quasar MD Plus: worth the splurge?

http://www.babyquasar.com/products/detail/quasar-md-plus
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Not for me RS. The Quasar MD Plus has that big old head on it that is too hard to maneuver around my small face. Its supposed to take less time for a treatment tho.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie, weren't you against the use of LED's? Oxidative stress, or something like that? If you've changed your mind, can you tell us why? Thanks!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:55 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Not for me RS. The Quasar MD Plus has that big old head on it that is too hard to maneuver around my small face. Its supposed to take less time for a treatment tho.

From the website:

Baby Quasar MD PLUS is "50% More powerful than the Baby Quasar PLUS" Think
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
howInteresting wrote:
fawnie, weren't you against the use of LED's? Oxidative stress, or something like that? If you've changed your mind, can you tell us why? Thanks!

For use after dermal needling, Setterfield and Fernandes seem to be in love with LED, so I use it for 20 min then only.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Setterfield cites this publication:

"There is strong evidence of an anti-inflammatory effect from LLLT [ie LED], which is consistent across all 12 tested laboratory models and phases of inflammation and wavelengths between 633 and 904 nm. The magnitude of the antiinflammatory effect is not significantly different from that of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), but it is slightly less than glucocorticoid steroids."
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/233628304_The_anti-inflammatory_mechanism_of_low_level_laser_therapy_and_its_relevance_for_clinical_use_in_physiotherapy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Bumping this thread up!

Is anyone else using LED therapy after dermal needling? What are the results?
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I still haven't done it, even though I've had a roller/stamps and LEDs for years, as well as acne scarring. (Once bitten.) But this to me was the thread that sold me on the process:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/topic/217908-ok-guys/?page=1

It looks like his images mightn't be up anymore but I saw them at the time and there was rather remarkable improvement.

Think it's time I finally bite the bullet and do this.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
Sarah Vaughter from owndoc really does not believe in LED therapy. That's what she wrote on her forum:

"It is clear that "Baby Quasar" definitely does not induce any collagen formation. In my opinion, is a complete waste of (very much) money. There have been studies done that seem to corroborate their claims, but I do not put the slightest credence in that device of theirs, after having read their website thoroughly."

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/your-opinion-please-led39s-%28baby-quasar%29-and-copper-peptides/
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Well, bless her heart, then she's in direct contradiction with NASA studies and the dermal needling gurus! Laughing

The use of LED after needling is to reduce inflammation, increase permeability and stimulate ATP, according to Fernandes.
skinwellness.co.nz/led-light-treatments/

The original NASA studies with LED confirmed that it does induce healing of burn tissue, and activates DNA synthesis as deep as the calf muscle. Muscle atrophy is a huge problem on space flights so LED was investigated as a stimulatory modality to counteract it. Also, wounds heal slower in the spaceship environment so LED was similarly investigated.
www.activeforever.com/content/manuals/A17157-NASA-LED-Space-Flight.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Yeah,
I'm pretty much a firm believer in both microneedling and LED based on the studies I've read.
Maybe Sarah Vaughter has changed her mind since 2010 when that thread was written.
I know I've changed my mind about many things in the past 6 years.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |