Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Younger-Looking Hands/ Chest via Massage/ Rubbing the Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
I see so many great postings here with regards to facial exercises and massages and whatnot, but I also have hand and decollete issues. Does anyone else?

I came across this page, which deals with doing to our hands what some of us are doing to our faces - massaging the skin, pinching the skin, exercising the skin.

http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/natural-beauty-tips-for-your-hair-and-nails

Specifically, I am doing the video towards the bottom of the page. Several times a day. I decided to try doing the massage to one hand only, so I could compare my hands at the end of a month. And also because it takes a lot of time to do it several times a day and I figured I would see if it actually worked first before taking the time to do both hands. After only two weeks there is an astounding difference in the texture of my skin. I kind of can't believe it.

I have the worst hands. The worst. They've been crepey and witchy and gnarly since I was in my early 30s. I'm in my 50s now. Combine the loveliness of crepey, witchy hands with some sun damage and then the extra added bonus of a small amt of loose skin due to some weight loss, and they are just ever so lovely. For a 150 year old.

I started doing the video massage 2 or 3 times a day to one hand only. The difference in skin texture is absolutely noticable after only 2 weeks, and the skin is firmer, smoother, and plumper. I also just rub the hand and pinch the skin whenever I think of it. I have not used any kind of lotion on my hand, and have not used any devices on it. It's the massage alone that is changing the texture of my skin. I look forward to seeing the results after a few months of doing this! I am curious to see if thickening the skin will help smooth out any veins. So far I haven't noticed that happening but it's only been a couple of weeks.

I will take photos of my hands. Please prepare yourselves for the horror of the "before" photo. Shock

I have also completely eliminated the three lines I had on my chest by rubbing them. You know, those cleavage lines you can get from sleeping on your side?
http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/why-must-i-contract-the-muscle-first-when-performing-the-rubbing-the-wrinkles-out-technique
I rubbed them for several minutes a day and applied a retinol cream afterwards. It took about a month but they disappeared. Now when I wake up I look in the mirror and if I got any overnight crinkles there from sleeping, I just rub them for a few minutes and they disappear. I just cannot train myself to sleep on my back! So rubbing the crinkles out for a few minutes seems to be a good trade-off for a good night's sleep.......
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Very cool Smile I'd love to see photos for inspiration.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Add in some pinching, tapping, and slapping of the hands, fingers to round off the routine. Wink
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I love these cost free self help routines that do the same thing as laser treatments that cost thousands.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Good idea about tapping! I'm already pinching. Do you do any hand work, Pandax?

Here are the photos. I apologize for the nails...I just got done turning some candlesticks on my lathe. It's hell on a manicure. I can't stand wearing gloves because I need to feel the wood.

So here's the horror.

I tried to pose my hands the same exact way in the shots so you could see the difference. Supposedly the real magic happens after a few months of doing this, so this is just the very beginning. I'm so amazed by the improvements already. I think in the first one I have my "good" hand a bit more stretched out, which looks deceptive, so I took another shot. There's no improvement in the veins yet. I'm hoping that thickening of the skin will make them lie flatter or maybe make them less visible. We'll see.

http://imgur.com/zHqwwaC

http://imgur.com/CMmi3AK
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Ooops I just saw that I can embed the images -

fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Nice results little vase!

I use whatever I use on my face twice a day on my hands, arms and neck/chest: vitamin C serum, vitamin A/peptide serums, moisturizers and sunscreen. Seems to help!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:52 am      Reply with quote
That's awesome, little vase Smile Thank you for sharing!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:06 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome!

Fawnie, I should be thanking you. I'm not sure how I stumbled across it, but it was a posting by you on the Skin Care boards that introduced me to this hand massaging.

I'm going to start doing both hands. I'll take another photo in a month or so.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
Wow,little vase
that's amazing for two weeks worth of massage/rubbing!! Very Happy Very Happy
Many thanks for sharing the pics for us/others to see what miracles massage/rubbing can do to the skin.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Wow Little Vase - those are some pretty impressive before and afters! Good for you for being so brave to post and for being so consistent. I don't use her program, but have been incorporating some facial pinching, massage, tapping and also Carolyn's face firmer. It's sort of a massage type technique, which I have found does firm and perk up the skin. I am definitely ALL IN when it comes to these techniques to further enhance facial rejuvenation. ~ Best, Aprile
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the words of encouragement! So far, most everything I've read here has to do with the face. I'm still reading and getting up to snuff though so I may have missed some topics. I just ordered the CFF cd and I do Tom Hagerty sometimes, and have Ageless and Ageless Hot Spots. I'm trying to devise my own optimal face workout with a bit from each program. But I'm also experimenting with other areas - rigorous dry brushing and also with pinching and slapping skin on my neck, chest, hands, and arms. I'm going to try some torso areas as well and I guess also the legs, just to see how the skin responds.

I've also been doing Deer Exercises - http://www.umaatantra.com/female_deer_exercise.html and my boobs have definitely gotten firmer! Just the breast part. I've been doing them for about 4 months.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, LV, for taking a scientific approach to this. I've been looking for real evidence of massage building collagen and can't find a single study to prove it, but at least your experiment is giving us some evidence that something helpful is happening.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
No problem! I'm glad it's encouraging or helpful to you. I will post new pics in a couple of months. I think I'm going to try adding my cheapie microcurrent device to my routine just to see if it brings anything extra to the table in terms of skin smoothing.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:10 am      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
Thanks for the words of encouragement! So far, most everything I've read here has to do with the face. I'm still reading and getting up to snuff though so I may have missed some topics. I just ordered the CFF cd and I do Tom Hagerty sometimes, and have Ageless and Ageless Hot Spots. I'm trying to devise my own optimal face workout with a bit from each program. But I'm also experimenting with other areas - rigorous dry brushing and also with pinching and slapping skin on my neck, chest, hands, and arms. I'm going to try some torso areas as well and I guess also the legs, just to see how the skin responds.I've also been doing Deer Exercises - http://www.umaatantra.com/female_deer_exercise.html and my boobs have definitely gotten firmer! Just the breast part. I've been doing them for about 4 months.

Little Vase - A product you might want to add to the mix for the hands is called Amlactin. It's sold OTC in drugstores like Walgreens, CVS and RightAid. It's a thicker lotion that really does help restore moisture to the hands and body and helps lighten brown spots as well. A friend of mine swears by it!!! Best, Aprile
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! I will check it out. I don't actually have any brown spots anywhere - I do have some hand freckles but most of those brownish areas are little healed marks from working with my lathe. Ugh.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
LV, you mentioned retinol cream on the chest. Did you use it on the massaged hand too? Or both hands, or neither?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean Needl re scientific evidence of benefits, but sadly even with facial exercises there is limited information available, and its not through want of trying. I've given up a lot of my own time several times to take part in studies with various organisations in the UK with a view to doing a years study, and its so frustrating because we get about 6 months in and people are over joyed with their results, and usually for a variety of reasons the study stops (usually funding is reallocated or there is a pull on resources).

However massage has always been a passion of mine (I trained back in it a long time ago) and used it and use to see and feel benefits in my own body/face and that of my clients.

One day I'm hopeful there will be more evidence but I'm not willing to stop for it to appear.

Sean
Needl wrote:
Thanks, LV, for taking a scientific approach to this. I've been looking for real evidence of massage building collagen and can't find a single study to prove it, but at least your experiment is giving us some evidence that something helpful is happening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi Needl,

So far, nothing! No moisturizers. I actually very rarely use anything on my skin, preferring to let it breathe.

After reading some advice from fawnie here though, I've ordered some sea kelp and sea extract and am mixing it with my retin-a cream. I'm using that on my chest (wonderful skin tightening results) but haven't used it on my hands yet.
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Little Vase, that's useful to know.

Sean, I get you, it is extremely expensive to do a good, truly accepted study.

About massage: I've been doing it on face, neck and hands since 2007 (when I started FE) and while also not prepared to give up, in case it's helping, it certainly hasn't not rid of my wrinkles, sigh...
Needl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Little Vase, I've just watched the CFF video, and she doesn't seem to pinch the skin on the back of the hands.

I take it you have, however? So have you found that doing so doesn't end up with too much skin on the massaged hand but even the pinching makes the skin toughen and tighten up?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:10 am      Reply with quote
With wrinkles, its never just one sided in that its one thing alone that creates them, but what I have found always that with working with people the one thing that seems to be consistent is that for wrinkles to appear usually there is some form of dehydration in the body, and thus the tissue goes into preservation mode. To the body, wrinkles don’t feature high on its priority list, its only to us that they are so important, but what I have found fascinating countless times is that when the body gets taken out of dehydration alert (which is an ongoing thing) that the wrinkles in conjunction with lifestyle and diet and exercises/massage start to reverse the wrinkles and lessen them, and then over time they can vanish completely.

At one point in time I was a constant frowner and eyebrow raiser. So as a result had faint lines, between my brows and also on my forehead. It wasn’t till I got serious with my training, diet and lifestyle that the lines started fading and then I ran into people who I hadn’t seen for a while and they all thought I had botox because in their words “my forehead looks so smooth and unlined”.

So if you have been massaging, maybe looking at hydration is a place to start examining and seeing what else is possible?
Needl wrote:
Thanks Little Vase, that's useful to know.

Sean, I get you, it is extremely expensive to do a good, truly accepted study.

About massage: I've been doing it on face, neck and hands since 2007 (when I started FE) and while also not prepared to give up, in case it's helping, it certainly hasn't not rid of my wrinkles, sigh...

Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |