Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jessicantique
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:51 am      Reply with quote
hi all,

i am looking at a device for "brightening up" my skin tone. so i am considering to buy the Reaura laser device.

previously i was also thinking to buy a Green LED device , as green led light should service the purpose of "brightening" and evening skin tone? could someone advise me on whether it's true?

As i am currently staying in Asia, i will need to get the device via a forwarding service company.
after checked out the price, i think it's cheaper than buying direct from ebay as usually they mark up quite a big chunk of profit margin.

i did just see a seller set the price at $850, but that's 2nd handed. do anyone of you can share your opinion on buying used beauty device? risky?

thanks a lot, Jessica
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Jessica

I have both ReAura and AntiAgeing Lighstim LED (red amber and infra red, no green) but I do also have a cheap led with green. My advice would be, don't waste your money on led. Done nothing for my skin tone and hyperpigmentation. I have been using the ReAura for more than 2 years. Love it. It's brilliant at giving skin a healthy glow. Aesthetic dermatologists will tell you the same thing. I am a journalist/blogger and have just published 1st part of a 2 part in-depth review of ReAura on my blog. Don't think I'm supposed to give my URL here. If it's of interest please do DM me and I'll send you the link. Tx

jessicantique wrote:
hi all,

i am looking at a device for "brightening up" my skin tone. so i am considering to buy the Reaura laser device.

previously i was also thinking to buy a Green LED device , as green led light should service the purpose of "brightening" and evening skin tone? could someone advise me on whether it's true?

As i am currently staying in Asia, i will need to get the device via a forwarding service company.
after checked out the price, i think it's cheaper than buying direct from ebay as usually they mark up quite a big chunk of profit margin.

i did just see a seller set the price at $850, but that's 2nd handed. do anyone of you can share your opinion on buying used beauty device? risky?

thanks a lot, Jessica
jessicantique
5% products discount

Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Tracy for the feedback, i think of the green Led as i just bumped into a youtube video from PQ on the sainsonic gadget and he quite of praise the green led light on pigmentation...
anyway, i guess the reaura and led light are not on the same par , performance and effectiveness wise..

i am still looking a way to buy the reaura and have it shipped to asia.
looking at a forwarding service company, at the same time, i've found Zed (rzydrious0819) is selling at a very reasonable price at ebid (not ebay), but ebid is kind of tedious to use as my account jsut got put on hold for reason i can't identified.
hope i can sort out the ebid account and proceed with transaction soon...

thx, jessica
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:31 am      Reply with quote
Zed is great...if you contact him via email, he will probably just let you send him a Paypal payment instead of dealing with ebid.

FYI that he has posted on this thread in the past, so you could also PM him here.

5% products discount

Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
thx Bethany,

actually Zed has PM me and he's very helpful
tracey parkes
5% products discount

Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi all

Thanks for all the PMs the other week regarding my ReAura review with before and after pics. If interested, I've just posted the second part of the review which focuses on what I've learnt from using it over past 2 years. How to get the best out of the device, ie tips and tricks such as layering (ie LED, ultrasound), and what other skincare ingredients work well to help ease the discomfort and boost moisture levels (ie Aloe, hauluronic etc). Here's the link http://faceupbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/tried-and-tested-philips-reaura-my-two_10.html#more.

Would also love to hear any one elses tips as I'm sure we all have different. Would love to put them all together in a post perhaps?

Tx
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:48 am      Reply with quote
For those of you that have both a Tria and Reaura - do you think that one or none would do anything for crepey inner arm skin?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've purchased an Oxygen Facial Machine and have discovered that it's the best thing for using post laser treatment. It sprays the skin with a combination of water, HA and air which really cools and sooths the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu, what machine do you use? I'm so interested and there's no trying to hide my credit card, haha. I am starting a new round of ReAura treatments in two weeks, after I have surgery (tummy tuck and hernia repair from when I had my twins). I'll have two months of recovery, so it's the best time to do my face again. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Keliu, what machine do you use? I'm so interested and there's no trying to hide my credit card, haha. I am starting a new round of ReAura treatments in two weeks, after I have surgery (tummy tuck and hernia repair from when I had my twins). I'll have two months of recovery, so it's the best time to do my face again. Thanks!

I purchased this one:
http://www.dhgate.com/product/oxygen-jet-peel-oxygen-injection-portable/176731749.html#s1-20-1|2257218016

Please note that I am not recommending this (at this point) for anything other than a pleasant soothing facial. I'm very skeptical about the whole benefit of pure oxygen thing. And this machine is very cheap - so I don't know how it would compare to a salon treatment. But it is nice to use after the laser treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, that's different than the brush version I saw online at the Sharper Image. You're the best. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using retin a for so many years. I did go off it to do my 8 week reaura last year but then I was using my reaura about once a month as a maintenance and using retin a twice a week at night and vit C is what I use daily. Now I see this and wonder if I've damaged my skin using it all. I have even used C after using reaura. I never knew it was dangeous to use together! So glad I saw this. But now... if I'm using reaura once a month does this mean I'll never be able to use C or Retin a ever again?

[quote="CookieD"][quote="summer2004"]Hi CookieD,

Thx for your report of this gadget which has got my eye.

Thus, if we use it once every month, we cannot use Retin-A and Vit C anymore, right?[/quote]

You have to be "off" of Retin a and Vit c for 4 weeks before starting treatment and the treatment is 2 times a week for 8 weeks. Then you can start back on RA and C 2 weeks after you finish your last treatment. So it is a total of 14 weeks.[/quote]
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
My Reaura has been sitting in it's box since I got the Tria, but will pull out and do next time I do a series of treatments. Was wondering, is there anywhere that people in the US can order the performance gel? I see it for sale at beauty tools . com, but it's $95.00, which is about $30 more than what it should be! Anyone know of a place? I still have gel left, but I am wondering if this product will ever truly be sold in the US? (I got my Reaura from eBay shipped from UK)
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
You can substitute ordinary glycerin, available at your local pharmacy for a couple of dollars, for the very expensive ReAura gel. I have used it for two years and it works just as well at a fraction of the cost.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
You can substitute ordinary glycerin, available at your local pharmacy for a couple of dollars, for the very expensive ReAura gel. I have used it for two years and it works just as well at a fraction of the cost.

Oh yes, I had forgot that people in this thread discussed that glycerin is a good substitute. It's not an issue that it's too runny right, compared to the thicker gel? Do I just apply a very thin layer? I just am worried that it'll somehow (since it's more runny) damage the device, but that's just me being a worry wart. Again, do guys think the ReAura will ever be sold in the US or do you think the Tria sort of stole it's thunder?

I still have a lot of the gel left but will try with glycerin next time I start a treatment cycle. Definitely more cost effective!
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Just apply a very thin layer - enough to help the device slide. As for whether it will damage the Reaura: When I used the gel sold by Phillips the head would from time to time need cleaning or the device would not work. That has never happened since I started using glycerin. IMO the gel is just a way for the company to ensure a continuing income stream from an already sold device. There is no way it should cost as much as it does.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
Just apply a very thin layer - enough to help the device slide. As for whether it will damage the Reaura: When I used the gel sold by Phillips the head would from time to time need cleaning or the device would not work. That has never happened since I started using glycerin. IMO the gel is just a way for the company to ensure a continuing income stream from an already sold device. There is no way it should cost as much as it does.

Thanks for the help! And you're right, the gel is just another way to make money. Just like when you buy a certain product and they recommend only using their brand and saying their brand is the most effective, etc. I cannot believe the gel is actually that much when the actual device is well over $1,000.00. A bottle of replacement gel shouldn't cost more than $20-30.00. I will use glycerin, no doubt.
Anne5899
5% products discount

Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:38 am      Reply with quote
What about the aftercare gel? Has anyone used a replacement for this?
NicB
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Anne5899 wrote:
What about the aftercare gel? Has anyone used a replacement for this?

I would appreciate an answer to this too. I am a little annoyed, had my reaura for 12 months only to discover that it is no longer being produced and therefore the creams no longer available, Philips don't seem to care about this despite all the literature saying the gel and after cream are vital. Does anyone know of an alternative?
Thank you
Anne5899
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
NicB, I have been using Eucerin Aquaphor cream in place of the aftercare gel for the past 4 treatments, so far without any increased dryness. It doesn't absorb as well as the Reaura gel but is a very good emollient. In the daytime I use Squalene as it absorbs better so it's better under make up. I don't know if you are in the UK but on the Phillips website they are still selling the Reaura and the gels and there is no mention of it being discontinued.
NicB
5% products discount

Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Anne, thanks for your reply, I am in the uk so will check these out. Phew! Was worried I had wasted my money then if couldn't replace the gel.

I can assure you though that the reaura is discontinued. If you try to buy if from Philips the only retailer left with stock is john Lewis in London. I contacted Philips and was told they have no plans to produce any more so any stock that is sold will not be replenished. It's the same at Space NK, they do not have any stock if you try to purchase. Philips did say there may be a new product released in the new year with similar functionality. the reason it looks like you can still buy it initially is that it is still supported by Phillips so not removed from their website as yet. I suspect this is due to the price of the Tria being half that of the reaura with similar results. Thank you for your advice Smile
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry to hear it's been discontinued! I have one but haven't used it in a long while. I love it but hate it all at the same time. Dislike the downtime since I get lots of brown specks all over my face that takes a week to exfoliate. Glad I have one though and I'm using Tac Gel from Amazon.

5% products discount

Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
NicB, you are correct! I was totally shocked that this should be so and emailed the company to ask if they were still producing it and received a reply back with a very curt "This product has been discontinued" no explanation whatsoever! I replied that I thought their customer service was appalling given that I and countless others had paid £800 for this item and I for one had been very pleased with it,( and going by the reviews on their website ) I wasn't the only one. I have received no reply. One of my concerns is if the product develops a fault, will they be able to repair or provide spare parts for a product they are no longer producing or will we be fobbed off with "This product has been discontinued"? In my opinion the least they offer their REAURA customers is an explanation and a reassurance that they will indeed be able to fully service this item for the life of the product. Sorry for the long post but as you can no doubt tell I am furious!!
NicB
5% products discount

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi Anne,
That is exactly what happened to me and I feel the same way, I have only had mine just over 12 months and to find this out really annoyed me. When I asked a similar question to you they just did not reply. I think I will write to their head office and see what happens from there. I will post any updates on here.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:24 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Glad I have one though and I'm using Tac Gel from Amazon.

I'm surprised you're using Tac Gel. I have it but I use it for sticking down the electrodes with the Safetox. I think this is its intended use because it's very sticky (hence its name). I use glycerin with the ReAura and find it works great - and it's not sticky.

I'm also surprised they have discontinued the ReAura because it's one of the few gadgets that I feel actually work. It would be good to find out their reasoning.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |