Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Microcurrent Help Needed - Galvanic or Not?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
evelynanne

Tue May 03, 2011 7:53 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I am not familiar with microcurrent, galvanic or not. Is this the same as radio frequency skin tightening? Has anyone heard of tripolar radio frequency skin
tightening? Third generation technology for skin tightening. I just purchased the Tripollar STOP for skin tightening and am interested in purchasing a more professional unit. Any suggestions? Evelyn Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
evelynanne wrote:
Hello. I am not familiar with microcurrent, galvanic or not. Is this the same as radio frequency skin tightening? Has anyone heard of tripolar radio frequency skin
tightening? Third generation technology for skin tightening. I just purchased the Tripollar STOP for skin tightening and am interested in purchasing a more professional unit. Any suggestions? Evelyn Confused

Microcurrent is not the same as Radio Frequency - it uses Ultrasound.

To my knowledge, the STOP is the only home-use RF device on the market.

5% products discount

Wed May 04, 2011 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I'm back with Day 2 of testing the Galvanic Spa by Nuskin! I'm happy to say after this treatment I noticed a lift in my eyebrows, a subtle one, and who knows how long it will last, but still there's a difference! Very Happy No change in my early marionette lines or nasolabial folds yet, though. My skin feels soft and my forehead feels tighter! Almost like it's been botoxed and I can't really move it much! I think that's a good thing Smile Anyway, I am going to do this treatment once more this week (you can do it 2-3 times a week) and then report back! I can't wait to see the cumulative results of this, I have a feeling it will be good!
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Today was Day 3 with the Galvanic Spa! I noticed this time that my skin is already becoming less sensitive to the treatment; it doesn't sting or burn as much as it did on my first couple of tries! After the treatment, I noticed something exciting: one of my nasolabial folds is less apparent (on my left side)! Granted this is not the side where the nasolabial fold is deepest ( on the right side where I sleep), but it's still very encouraging! Very Happy I also noticed that my skin has a nice healthy color to it after the treatment, especially in my cheeks! I didn't notice any additional lifting in my eyebrows from my last treatment, but we shall see what the next treatment brings in that department! While watching the DVD for the Spa, it was explained that apparently for up to 24 hrs after a Galvanic treatment, product penetration (of anything else you apply afterwards) is increased! I think I'm going to get the Origins Plantscription Serum, which is supposed to be an irritation-free alternative to Retin-A, and apply that after my Galvanic treatments! I tried a free sample of Plantscription and loved it! Perhaps with these two anti-agers in combination I'll be seeing truly some awesome results! Will keep everyone posted! Smile
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2011 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Week 2, Day 4 with the Galvanic Treatment. I took a before and after picture today, and also observed myself closely in the mirror before and after treatment. My skin is more toned looking and has a nice glow after the treatment, especially in the cheek area. However, my nasolabial folds did not look improved today. I did notice more lifting in the brow area, only slightly though! I'm trying to target the sagging in my right eyebrow especially towards my inner brow. The sagging there makes me look mad, but after the treatment I look less mad which is good! Very Happy I'm going to have to order more AgeLoc gels soon, but if I don't notice some really good results after a decent trial (2 months or so), I'm not going to bother keeping up with this because the gels are quite expensive!
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Wed May 11, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
HOLY GORGEOUS GLOW!! Guys, it's only been a few hours since my last treatment, but I just looked in the mirror to see my skin now has a serious glow! It looks like I am literally wearing blush, and not in a ruddy way! It looks like I have on Nars Orgasm blush...but I'm wearing no makeup (almost time for bed)! I am so happy, finally I'm seeing some big-time results from the Galvanic Spa! My skin is just looking fabulous! I just realized, maybe the Galvanic Spa works better for giving amazing skin (color, texture, clarity) rather than actually lifting and toning the face. I was more concerned with trying to get rid of nasolabial folds and lift my brows, but heck, I'll take great skin even if it is all NuSkin offers! Smile Now the question is, how long will this glow last? Will it persist? I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and check it out in the mirror! Haha now I wish I could do the treatment every day, but unfortunately they say you can only do it a max of 3 times a week. Anyway, I feel happy now like I'm not wasting my money since I'm actually getting significant results! Anyone else loving the Galvanic Spa? Smile
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Tue May 17, 2011 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
It's week 3, Day 5 with the treatment. Continued glow to cheeks! Also my cheekbones/cheeks look more prominent/sculpted, which I like because it helps draw attention away from my other less attractive features (aka nasolabial folds, tear troughs, etc.)! The treatment stung a little more than usual this time which was interesting lol but I didn't get any redness or anything so it's fine! Will do my 6th treatment tomorrow!

P.S. I just bought the facial flex so that will be my next beauty tool to start reviewing! I hope it helps my jawline! Very Happy
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 pm      Reply with quote
Week 3, Day 6! Pretty glow in cheeks continues! I really don't even have to wear blush anymore! Smile
egyptianpharmacist
5% products discount

Thu May 26, 2011 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have a feeling that I'll be using this product for the rest of my life! This is somewhat of an expensive commitment for a person to make, given the fact that you have to keep buying the AgeLoc gels, but I think it is well worth it! Better than paying money to go to the spa! It really is an at-home spa experience if you use the DVD along with your treatment, the music they play is so soothing! lol.

Today I tried one of the techniques that I had skipped before: treating the under-eye area! This is where you gently run the conductor from the side of your nose, along the orbital rim (bone), until you reach the outside of the eye area. This technique really reduced under-eye puffiness for me! Smile I definitely won't be skipping this technique again!

After treatment my skin takes on a glow so clear and beautiful, I feel like it's a shame to put on makeup afterwards! I actually look less pretty with foundation now, and prettier without makeup which is amazing! Very Happy Talk about natural beauty! However, I still have a bit of acne so I feel like I still need to wear concealer, but I hope to get to the point where my skin is totally clear so I can skip makeup completely!
luvzzme

Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:36 am      Reply with quote
hey guys I had some answers for micro current and galvanic. this link below is the comparison chart, very simple to read.

After reading it I probably need galvanic over micro current for deep cleaning purpose. I have combination skin with black heads and clogged pores which leads to white head and eventually leads to large acne (non cystic acne) but when I try pop them out it looks like cystic acne =(. I'm 28 with no wrinkles only with a slightly fine lines around eyes.

I hope this help =)
HippoMe
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Toby and EP

Are you both still using the Galvanic Spa? There is a special on for Botox at a new surgery nearby and I am very tempted to do my elevens and railway tracks, but then again, if I invest in the Gal. Spa II then surely I can achieve the same effect as with Botox and with less 'baddies' being injected into my body. Just thinking aloud here, but would love some more opinions please.
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
curious about that too. Smile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:33 am      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
Toby and EP

Are you both still using the Galvanic Spa? There is a special on for Botox at a new surgery nearby and I am very tempted to do my elevens and railway tracks, but then again, if I invest in the Gal. Spa II then surely I can achieve the same effect as with Botox and with less 'baddies' being injected into my body. Just thinking aloud here, but would love some more opinions please.

HippoMe,
I have not had a chance to be very regular on the forum...I try to pop in when I can but I missed this post....sorry Sad I have been trying out Ageless Secret Gold and Diamond products since Nov. 2010 and wanted to see the results without using any devices other than my mineral lamp and the LighStim. So I haven't been using the Galvanic SpaII. I have gone back to my Safetox which is a much needed device for my 11's and forehead wrinkling(it trains the forehead to lay flat). Being off of it for six months I had some of the forehead wrinkling starting again, but within a week or two of use it flattened back out. As far as the GalvanicII I am not sure when I will get back to it. At the time I used it I was pleased.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Toby, thanks for getting back to me. I eventually bought a Galvanic Spa II and I really love what it does for my skin and hair. My skin glows and the texture is so smooth and my 'ordinary' face creams seem to be absorbed by my skin far more effectively after a session with the GSII. I use it 3x a week on my face and 5x a week on my scalp. My elevens and railway tracks are definitely being ironed out.
SarahAntos

Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:13 am      Reply with quote
Nu Skin has made some changes to the AgeLOC Galvanic Spa. Coming out this October 2014 they are introducing the NEW Nu Skin Facial Spa. If you like microcurrent for facial toning and rejuvenation you will enjoy the effects of this product. I personally enjoy both galvanic and microcurrent. The NEW microcurrent machine by Nu Skin will include additional skincare products and a new gel mask. This is a FDA approved class II Medical device for cosmetic use.
As for the Nu Face machine, it has not delivered for me even though they have tried to upgrade their product. Nu Face serums are not nearly as absorbing. Did not like the conductors on the Nu Face machine.
If you want the pdf. on the NEW Nu Skin machine then just contact me and I will provide it for you.
havana8

Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I think this is the pdf you are referring to:

http://www.nuskin.com/content/dam/global/library/april2014/dale_kern_facial_spa_science.pdf

Welcome to the forum, Sarah. Smile
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Sarah,

I understand you are affiliated with them in some way. Can you please tell what’s the difference between this new device and the old one? Visually they look the same.

I also noticed they only use 1 conductive gel now instead of old 2 steps treatment.
The PDF does not explain the benefits of this change. I kind of like the old way. I think the negative part of old treatment cleanse my skin better than anything else.

Thank you

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the pico toner- used for the 1st time and ouch when I went near parts of my jaw! I have some metal fillings. I have to now learn what areas to avoid. I did a search to see if I was the only one to experience this. Found your post! After investing all this money in it, i'm going to use but need to make sure I remember what areas to avoid that caused this sensation.

[quote="paintrlady"]Hi! I'm new to this forum, and notice alot of you are experimenting with the Nuskin Galvanic Spa. I started using mine a year ago when my husband and I were interested in becoming distributors. He actually used me as a "test" by having me use it twice a week on the right side of my face for three weeks before going to the left side. After 5 treatments on the right with very promising results, I started using it on the left side of my face. I noticed that when I used the Galvanic Spa around my left temple ("crows feet") area, I felt electrical shocks... like getting "zapped." I stopped the treatment, and after washing the gel off my face, I noticed the left side felt numb. Shortly after, I started feeling little shocks all over the left side of my face and into my scalp. I have a theory about why this only happened on the left, and not the right, side of my face. I have a lot of dental work on the left side (four crowns with exposed metal at the gum line, plus two almost solid silver teeth next to these). The right side of my mouth has mostly porcelain fillings.
Has anyone else ever had unexplained shocks while using this device? I'm pretty sure that the electrical current entered my skin and reacted with all the metal in my mouth, causing a galvanic shock.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to hear from anyone with similar problems. Judy[/quote]
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I’m glad you are having such success with the spa, and the gels were too pricey in my mind, but there are other alternatives. One company offers an alternative gel that is meant to be cheaper and gave people better results but you can probably find that link in the nuskin thread if you search.

egyptianpharmacist wrote:
I have a feeling that I'll be using this product for the rest of my life! This is somewhat of an expensive commitment for a person to make, given the fact that you have to keep buying the AgeLoc gels, but I think it is well worth it! Better than paying money to go to the spa! It really is an at-home spa experience if you use the DVD along with your treatment, the music they play is so soothing! lol.

Today I tried one of the techniques that I had skipped before: treating the under-eye area! This is where you gently run the conductor from the side of your nose, along the orbital rim (bone), until you reach the outside of the eye area. This technique really reduced under-eye puffiness for me! Smile I definitely won't be skipping this technique again!

After treatment my skin takes on a glow so clear and beautiful, I feel like it's a shame to put on makeup afterwards! I actually look less pretty with foundation now, and prettier without makeup which is amazing! Very Happy Talk about natural beauty! However, I still have a bit of acne so I feel like I still need to wear concealer, but I hope to get to the point where my skin is totally clear so I can skip makeup completely!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:56 am      Reply with quote
Found that company, its Rankines:
http://www.rankines.com/
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:02 am      Reply with quote
nylongirl wrote:
I just got the pico toner- used for the 1st time and ouch when I went near parts of my jaw! I have some metal fillings. I have to now learn what areas to avoid. I did a search to see if I was the only one to experience this. Found your post! After investing all this money in it, i'm going to use but need to make sure I remember what areas to avoid that caused this sensation.

Hi nylongirl,

You may want to consider replacing these metal fillings to a safer solution.
This was an old technology, before people realized that mercury (that used in these metal fillings) is a poison for our bodies.

You work hard trying to detox your body and skin to look younger, but these fillings increase internal inflammations, sabotaging your rejuvenation process.
Your body instead of regenerating your cells constantly working on getting rid of these poisons.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that. Good to know you needn't necessarily use the Nu Skin products to see the results!

HippoMe wrote:
Toby, thanks for getting back to me. I eventually bought a Galvanic Spa II and I really love what it does for my skin and hair. My skin glows and the texture is so smooth and my 'ordinary' face creams seem to be absorbed by my skin far more effectively after a session with the GSII. I use it 3x a week on my face and 5x a week on my scalp. My elevens and railway tracks are definitely being ironed out.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |