Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Seborrheic Keratosis - at Home Treatment (Cure)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
beerninja

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Rachel39 wrote:
I am new to the forum and hail from the UK.

I have been to the dermatologist and he has given me a trial of Solaraze cream. Apparently, this can work for early seborrheic keratosis and not just solar keratosis.

In addition, Aclaris has a product in Phase 2 trial on your side of the pond. It looks promising and I wondered whether anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks for the info about Aclaris! I found their website (did a google search) and they made a post on June 30th that says phase 2 had great results. I sent them an e-mail requesting to be a part of any public trials if they decide to hold any.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
How do you know if you have SK other than if you've been to the derm? What do they look like if they're on the back of upper arms and it's not acne. I seem to have something on both of the back of my upper arms. They are very small, pinpoint size really. They feel like goosebumps and kind of look like them but they don't go away! Is SK itcy? Is this SK? If not, what could it be?
Rachel39

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:05 am      Reply with quote
They are definitely seborrheic keratoses. I am a nurse and also a qualified beauty therapist and quickly recognised the lesions. They are mostly on the torso but, lamentably, some are on my face.

The dermatologist is known to me from my hospital and his judgement is sound. I must confess that I had not heard of using Solaraze in this manner but, yes, one nasty little item has definitely been defeated.
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Are you talking to me Rachel?
Joie

Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,
I have been reading numerous post on this forum and very happy to see there is hope for my condition. I'm a 53 year old male with SK mainly on my lower legs. I have hundreds of these spots and have been battling them for years. It is very discouraging that because it is a benign skin problem that research isn't that concerned or it seems that to be my take on the progress of a cure. I'm sure there are studies, but it seems there should have been a better treatment other than freezing or cutting. I'm a fair skinned man so I freckle as well and of course the sun is apparently a major factor with this condition. I'm going thru laser treatments to get rid of the freckles and I'm hoping it will also help with the SK. I have gone to the extreme of shaving the hundreds of bumps off with a scalpel. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm so tired of dealing with them. I've been reading about the 35% h2o2 and wanted to know if you put it directly on your skin or mix it in a tub of water and soak? Also, how much to put in a tub of water so not to dilute it or neutralize the H2O2 (or if it would neutralize the H2O2).
There has been a suggestion of using 30-35% glycolic acid solution in conjunction with the H2O2 and if anyone has had success with this process I would greatly appreciate any input.
Thanks, Joie
Mav

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had all but lost hope. I'd resigned myself to never wearing shorts again. My legs are covered in the brown spots, they are pretty flat, but definitely a different texture. I came across this thread looking for uses for acv and was stoked to read about all your successes!!! As I type, I am sitting on the couch with my legs covered in raw acv soaked wraps that I made from cutting up an old t-shirt of my husband's (tweaked the genious t-shirt idea to suit my needs, hehe)and held in place with ceran wrap and courted up by sweatpants. I plan on wearing this all day so my husband can sleep (raw acv has a hella powerful smell) It stung at first, but nite, it's just nice and warm Smile xing my fingers for results like yours! I also purchased some probiotics in hopes that I won't get anymore. I'll post back in a week! Thanks so much to ski of you for paving the way. Seriously obnoxious that the dernatologists Jacky bothered to try to help /smh
krisanna

Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
ww. lamprobe.co.za/video.html

I tried all of the home remedies and nothing really worked for me. I have hundreds of these on my body, all over. Some brown, some flesh colored. I paid $100 US dollars for 30 minute treatment and the esthetician cleared my face, neck, chest, and front of abdomen. I am so happy! She also zapped some milia and skin tags. It was a bit zappy, but not as painful as hair removal, I needed to numb for that.

It's simple technology but very effective. You can see it working in these videos.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hearing good things about tea tree oil for SK.Sold at CVS.Check this out.copy and paste...Natural treatment for seborrheic keratosis before and after photos
Joleva

Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have an sk on my right cheek the size of green pea that looked like a brown fat witch wart. Md wanted to cut it off thus leaving at least an 8mm scar on my cheek as per her estimation. Today was my surgery date and the MD did not perform the removal. She was astounded by what she found and asked me what I was doing so she could tell her patients! Here is what I did (does not mean it will work for everyone) I scoured the net for natural cure and I found someone who said they used teatree oil but it takes 6-8 weeks for treatment to work and eliminate the SK with no scarring. I gave it a try and have been documenting my progress with pictures. Wish I could show you all the progress. I dab some tea tree oil on gauze part of a small round band aid. I leave it on overnight, in the morning I remove the band aid and I let SK air dry for 2 days or until the scab falls off and I keep repeating the process. I am on week 2 and there is a dramatic reduction of the SK. It has reduced by half and redness is gone and it is now skin color. It is still there, but I will keep repeating the procedure until hopefully it is completely gone. I will keep you up to date on my progress.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Joleva wrote:
I have an sk on my right cheek the size of green pea that looked like a brown fat witch wart. Md wanted to cut it off thus leaving at least an 8mm scar on my cheek as per her estimation. Today was my surgery date and the MD did not perform the removal. She was astounded by what she found and asked me what I was doing so she could tell her patients! Here is what I did (does not mean it will work for everyone) I scoured the net for natural cure and I found someone who said they used teatree oil but it takes 6-8 weeks for treatment to work and eliminate the SK with no scarring. I gave it a try and have been documenting my progress with pictures. Wish I could show you all the progress. I dab some tea tree oil on gauze part of a small round band aid. I leave it on overnight, in the morning I remove the band aid and I let SK air dry for 2 days or until the scab falls off and I keep repeating the process. I am on week 2 and there is a dramatic reduction of the SK. It has reduced by half and redness is gone and it is now skin color. It is still there, but I will keep repeating the procedure until hopefully it is completely gone. I will keep you up to date on my progress.

Great, please do! I am going to try this on a spot of SK on my chest!
RoyWarneka

Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:00 am      Reply with quote
In this modern and high technology world which is also called the “information era”. There is no doubt that people now want to own the life that is safe and free and do the thing that they like and want to do. And usually such kind of life is not so easy to own for some people and as they are monitored by some device. If so the 3g 4g jammer can be your good assistant.
bill way

Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:09 am      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum but I have been watching it for a while. I am a white male, 70 yo, who developed a keratoses lesion some years ago. As time went on it grew larger and more visibly disturbing but I, like most men, took it for granted and ignored it until a month or so ago. The larger it grew the more objectionable it became.

Now to the point.
I read all of the treatments you have been discussing and tried several of them without results.

Now the thing is completely gone in less than a week in a way no one has mentioned.

Quite simply I washed it off.

Seriously. Using a somewhat coarse washcloth and simple bath soap I washed from the outer edge in and all over for four nights. By the third night it had gone from an inch wide to a spot. The next night that came off and it has never come back.

There was a very small amount of blood, no pain, no soreness.

I simply washed it off.

Try it. It works.
David1025

Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
How do you know for sure you have one of these?

I have one on my back and one behind my knee. I have another spot that is on my scalp under my hair. It is in a place that is hard to really see. It feels the same as the other places. Rough and raised edges. It feels like I could pop it off if I could get my nails under it.

I leave the other 2 alone, but this one on my scalp is irritating as my brush hits it and it itches and gets irritated.

I have been using Apple Cider Vinegar on it for a couple days. It feels like it is having some changes.

These things are irritating.
Jbd22

Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Found this site 2 weeks ago looking for a way to rid myself of the begonia growing on the side of my head. It is a bit bigger than a half dollar. Two biggest, one over the other, a little bigger than pea size then graduated smaller growths along both sides. It would swell close to an eight of an inch off my scalp.
Started 35% h2o2 treatments 10 days ago. Three times a day applying with q-tip and pressing it for a minute repeating three times. The burn got stronger as days went on. Stopped after 8 days to give it a rest. It was obviously extremely stressed. Today, day ten, all but the largest scrubbed off in the shower. Truley amazing. I will allow the slight scab to heal on the large one that still looks like it has some life but so much smaller. Next month I plan to finish that one off too. Truly amazing.
SeborKera

Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, newbie here. I have been reading all these posts on home remedies for SK... I find them all interesting. I just started using ACV last night. And did it today. I hope there is some success with it. I was following JAM but I don't know how it turned out for her...I hope someone from this forum can enlighten me and tell me about their rewards... Please do. I hate them. They are on my stomach area on both sides. I have had them for over 9 yrs. Can home remedies still work for me being its been so long since I had them???? Thanks for any info. Oh, I'm a 55 yr old female... How about corn & callus remover,I saw it mentioned does that work? wave
DobeLady

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Seborkera: I am a newbie here also, age 68 and have them on the front of my hip,lower abdomen area along with some faint ones on my upper chest. I started the apple cider vinegar with bandaid on the chest area today and am using the H2O2 35% 3 x daily by Q tip on those around the hip which are nickel sized and quite black. Each is a little whitish after the peroxide was applied. I thought I would try both methods to see which is less painful, most effective. Some folks mentioned using microdermabrasion tool, then having increased pain around the area. I believe that is because it opened up the nearby skin so I won't be doing that part. Earlier posts from 2012 reported success with corn/callus remover, not with wart remover.I got my 35 H2o2 on Amazon. If you decide to use ACV apple cider vinegar, please post your progress reports.
Angeloco

Sat May 30, 2015 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi newbie here,
I have multiple old and new sks all over my body mostly the trunk area. I have read this thread several times and am very excited about the possibilities of getting rid of these nasty things. I've tried several of the options listed with varying results. I'm afraid the notes that I kept at the time are not good enough for any conclusion about the product I was using. I've been doing some kind of treatment for about a month. Going forward I will be more careful about documenting exactly what I am doing. I've used h202, acv, amlactin lotion, and currently using corn remover on four isolated sks. As others have stated, there has been frosting of the sks and the skin around them is pink and irritated. Some have scabbed up but most have not. Anyway, I'm not sure , because of my poor documentation, what caused what. Going forward will do better. I think for me, the h202 is the most helpful.

Having said all that, I did successfully remove one large sk in my hairline with Ga 40% years ago. Just by putting it on there when I did the peel on the rest of my face. Left it on for 7 minutes, once a week. It got smaller every week. After about 6 weeks it was completely gone and has never come back. I have a few on the other side of my hairline I am treating now. They are responding after three treatments this week. I fully expect them to react the same as the earlier one.

I will report back when I have anything further to add.
Danielwg

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:13 am      Reply with quote
IN the right hand a Thermo-lo or Lamprobe is your best choice. Thermo-lo uses low frequency and high frequency so there's a less chance of scaring. I specialize in them so their a cake walk.This is refering to keratosis

Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:16 am      Reply with quote
IN the right hand a Thermo-lo or Lamprobe is your best choice. Thermo-lo uses low frequency and high frequency so there's a less chance of scaring. I specialize in them so their a cake walk.

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I posted in dec. 2014 about treating my sk with 35% h2o2. I forgot about this site and just came across it again. My sk area was a little bigger than a half dollar on the side of my head. 2 were the size of a dime and a number of little lumps all around it. I did the 3/day treatments with a q tip. By the 7th day it burned a bit with each application but could see pieces falling off so I continued 2 more days. A week after I stopped 90% was gone. I waited a month and did the same treatment again. 7 days later the entire sk was gone. In a month it was perfectly healed, the slightest ring of discolored skin. By March you could not tell it was ever there. It's almost August and there is no sign I ever had it. Mine was an sk biopsied by 2 different dermatologists. The results could not have been better. There is some slight burning towards the end of each treatment but, my goodness, it is so worth it. Hope this helps others with the ugly little growths. You do not have to put up with them.
Pippy

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first post though I have been reading for a while. Just thought I'd let you know where I'm at wih my SK experince- successes and failures- Yes some great successes so read on, please. Very Happy
I had more than 100 tiny pale SK's suddenly appear over my abdomen at age 39. This drew my attention to developing ones on my back.
I tried the hydrogen peroxide, though I think it's amazing stuff for various things (especially fungal infections/thush and wart removal) it has to be used with care (diluted) and it had no effect on my SK's- just made the skin sore after a while, the top of the SK came off and left a lovely fresh SK underneath.
I tried Apple cider vinegar (with the mother!) even follwing one thread and leaving it over night (I soaked a tshirt and wrapped myself in bin bags)for a few nights- depressing and desperate and it had the same effect as the peroxide.
I went to a clinic and had lazer treatment and was shown numerous pics of successful treatments but was also warned that as my SK's are quite pale it might not work- it didn't.
So far the only success has been with all the tiny ones on my abdomen. Ok this is desperate but it worked. I took a pair of very sharp, sterilized cuticle scissors and one by one snipped the small SKs (under 2 mm) off. I did 20 at a time as there is some pain. I was meticulous in ensuring sterilization and I dabbed the tiny wound with 9% Hydrogen Peroxide afterwards. It worked, they didn't return in 2 years (bliss) but a few new ones have started appearing, I am just waiting for winter to do it again (more clothing to cover as it takes 2 weeks for the little rash of scabs to go).
My only issue is now with those I can't reach on my back and the slightly larger ones. I'll keep hunting.
Pippy

Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Oh and to add to my post-
I tried the vit D3 after finding research online but felt unwell so got worried about side effects- this should be monitored. I have a fantastic Vit D3 cream by Life-flo (on Amazon) it's the only moisturiser that keeps my dry skin hydrated but has had no effect yet on SKs.
Will try the Mullein and the Turmeric and the dandruff shampoo next.(separately)
Pippy

Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:07 am      Reply with quote
krisanna wrote:
www. lamprobe.co.za/video.html

I tried all of the home remedies and nothing really worked for me. I have hundreds of these on my body, all over. Some brown, some flesh colored. I paid $100 US dollars for 30 minute treatment and the esthetician cleared my face, neck, chest, and front of abdomen. I am so happy! She also zapped some milia and skin tags. It was a bit zappy, but not as painful as hair removal, I needed to numb for that.

It's simple technology but very effective. You can see it working in these videos.

What was the treatment you used Very Happy
Carolynn10

Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all, I wanted to report in on my success using apple cider vinegar to get rid of an SK on my eyelid.

I dipped a q-tip into some ACV I bought at a health food store, and held it against the SK. I did this for a minute or two, about three or four times a day, being really careful to keep the ACV from dripping into my eye. I would keep the q-tip on the SK until I could feel it sting a little.

It took a couple of weeks but the SK has pretty much flaked off. I also used the ACV to get rid of a skin tag on my other eyelid. I'm so happy I read about this here and gave it a try! Thanks to all who have posted about this.
tilliebug

Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I am new to the forum and I have been diagnosed with SK as well, they pretty much cover my forehead, scalp, back, breasts, chest, and stomach. I bought 35% Hydrogen Peroxide today, and I want to start using it, but the lady at the store said I need to dilute it, but I can't find any information on how much I am to dilute it, and I seen where some are saying they use 35%. I do know that I am suppose to put vaseline around the surrounding skin so it doesn't burn that area, but are your suppose to cover up the SK with a bandaid, tape, etc. after applying the hydrogen peroxide. Any help would very much be appreciated. Thanks!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |