Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone tried Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care RF Thermage Fractional home use...
I found it on Amazon for $107.
emmajo
5% products discount

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering the same thing. I started a thread about the Dot Matrix and something called Faceweights, but still haven't gotten any responses. I would love some feedback on both!
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
oh yes, I see you posted right after me. I couldn't find any photos of the weight thing..which was odd.

I am thinking of asking the vendor who sells the mini thermage, if they would do some kind of extended warranty thing, like a time frame, since it is so unknown.
If they will do that, I will try it, and do a review for Amazon.
uhoo22

Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have one and really like it! It seems to help with circulation and tone. It doesn't hurt either unless you spend too long on one spot on high.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
At last! Uhoo - someone has actually used this! Several things I have noted: the mhz on these things range from 1mhz to 5mhz. Surely this affects the outcome?
Uhoo22, what are the mhzs' on your device, and where did you buy it?
My other concern was how it might affect fat volume in the face, as thermage is used on the body to shrink wobbly bits. For some (me) losing fat on the face is a no no: however, maybe just using it around the jawline to tighten would be good if it actually works.
Also, how is this different from our mini ultasound devices? Confusion reins.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Uhoo - I ordered one of these thingies - can you tell me how you used it and give me any followup info?
It was kind of hard to get the info from the ebay posting because it was so poorly translated and I doubt the instructions will be easy to read, either.
Thanks!
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I buckled too, and got one from DHGate. I think it was $99 inc. postage. I have been eyeing these things for months! I chose one with 5mhz as opposed to 1 mhz. It appeared from reading info online that the pro machines use higher mhz's. I will be interested to see if there are benefits... Mainly, I am thinking of my softening jaw line, and hoping for a bit of contraction there.

Let's face it, I love me a new beauty gadget!
havana8

Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:07 am      Reply with quote
from http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=51971

cherallynne forcella wrote:
Has anyone noticed any progress with the use of this RF machine? I ordered one off ebay and would like any feedback and/or use tips.
Thanks!

Billybob wrote:
There was something about this last week. I wonder if the moderator can collate all the info so far under one heading?

FYI I bought one last week from DHGate, and am still awaiting arrival. I am also keen to read any progress reports.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I received my kit, which I ordered off ebay.com, today and the instructions are so poorly translated that they are gibberish. I sent a request to the seller, who was actually located in New Jersey, to try to get some properly translated instructions, but I'm not holding my breath until I receive them.
They are so poorly done that I'm afraid to use it, and the seller charges a $25 'restocking' fee.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:39 am      Reply with quote
The seller responded that they didn't have any other written instructions but he sent me a youtube link (which didn't work). I went on youtube and looked at all the other videos and they were helpful, but none of them were the same machine I bought. I checked and realized that it had no product name or email address,etc. I am going to just 'go slowly' with it. I am not normally afraid of home treatments (I do my own permanent cosmetics and microneedling at home) but I've seen some skin that didn't look too good after bad Thermage.

The one I bought is only a 1 instead of the 3 or 5. If I see positive results, I'll 'upgrade' to a more powerful system because I want to use it on my body. I figure a $100 is sure better than the $1500 the drs. are charging.

Billybob, please let me know how your machine is working out and if you are seeing results.
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Cherallyne, still waiting for my package. However, I feel confident that I can figure out how to use it correctly, and will re-post once I get it. I am guessing you would operate it on a 'stamp' squared grid system - I noticed that some sellers are also selling a type of squared grid stencil paper to transfer the squares to the area you are treating. The other thing I noted was that the dot matrix 'head' will need to be replaced from time to time. Ebay seems to be flogging these for about 20 bucks a pop. I will keep you posted!
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
BillyBob,
I tried mine out today and, even without any instructions, got pretty good results. I know that it takes a few months to see the newly formed collagen, but the puffs on my cheekbones (under my eyes) looked improved and my skin has a nicer appearance.

Do you know how often that the treatments can be done? I don't want to over use it because I just lost five pounds and that made my skin lax, and I sure don't want to make it worse. I just want to lose the eye bags and firm my jawline.
Also,there was no gel or cream contained in the box, although I did see a reference to 'use cream' in the instructions. I used aloe vera gel which I guess is used as a conduit for the RF. As I mentioned, this is a real 'no name' product, so I don't know what to order. The aloe worked fine, though, and is very affordable. ($2.98 at the WalMart!)

Thanks for your response, and we'll keep in touch since we're both starting at the same time.

Cherallynne
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Billybob, Can you tell me where you purchased your higher mhz machine? Mine is only a 1 mhz, and it will probably work fine for facial use, but I want to treat my arms and I think I'll probably need a higher level. I looked on ebay and most of them are the same one that I bought. I figured another $100+ is a good investment after looking at how much money I've spent in the last couple of years at the facial clinic.
Thanks so much!
Billybob
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Cherallynne, DHGate. It took a bit of trawling through the site, and I am still waiting to receive it! It looks similar to the 1mhz gizmos, but the description clearly stated 5mhz. Wouldn't they be a bit titchy tiny to do arms? Although wouldn't it be great if were possible? I have ordered stuff from them before without problems: but, delivery can be slow.

This site seems to have a lot of the same stuff that is sold on ebay. A lot of sellers will sell one item, so look at those guys.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it on my arms twice and I can actually see a difference - even with only using the 1 mz. I can definitely see a big improvement on the skin on the inside of my elbows, which was really wrinkled. I also applied it to the wrinkly skin in my under arm area which was caused by a weight loss.

I can't wait to receive my higher powered one to use on my abdomen, and I am going to experiment with it on the spider veins on my legs.

So far, I really like this product and think it's worth a $100.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:37 am      Reply with quote
cherallynne- From what I have researched, the lower the number of MHz of the RF unit, the deeper the penetration. That would mean the 1 MHz would be stronger than 3 or 5. Is this your understanding as well?
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I thought it was the other way - the higher the number, the more intense it would be. I ordered a 3 mzh to use on my arms and abs - hope I didn't waste my money.

I have noticed one thing about it. I used it under my eyes and on my nasal labial folds and I don't think I'm going to do that again. The skin initially looked better but after a few days looked a little sunken. I am pleased with it on my jowls and under my chin, though. I think it will work best on areas where there is more subcutaneous fat.

BillyBob, I know you researched it carefully - can you advise us on the strength of the mzh?
Thanks!
laxsw92
5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I think Picesgirl is right, 1mh is the strongest. Sorry to butt in on your convo! I'm fairly new here, and trying to educate myself on all of these devices. I just bought the Thermage Dot Matrix, should have it in a couple of days.

Good to hear you are having some success with it. The reviews on Amazon say that it works well but you must be patient to see the results. I hope I get English instructions. If I do I will post them, if anyone wants me to.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:30 am      Reply with quote
You're not butting in, laxsw92. The more input, the better! I'm also new (at posting, anyway) and trying to learn about these devices. I just bought the Rex Kara discussed in the ultrasound threads. I'm considering the dot matrix thermage if its tightening powers are stronger. Please post with your experiences with your new device Smile.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I am so happy to have your response! I was on this board for a long time before anyone even responded to me, and then it was a really sarcastic comment about my post which left me 'bummed' for days.
Glad you're aboard!
laxsw92
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies!

Well they did email the instructions in English, and it is 6 pages! Plus, the printing is so tiny I can hardly see it.I will have to email it to anyone who wants it. No way I can type this, it is full of pictures and illustrations. Anyone who wants it just leave your email and I will send it to you.

I'm off to check out the Rex Kara.
laxsw92
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
I found a video on the Rex Kara, evidently it is not sold in the US. The video was in German. It looks like a more elegant and expensive version of a device I bought on Ebay. It has plus or minus ion, 3 colors of light, and 5 strengths of ultrasound.

I still can't figure out what I should use plus or minus ion for. I have been doing the red light with the plus ion, and today I tried it with the minus ion. Oh my, my face was really red for about an hour afterwards.
laxsw92
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
I found a video on the Rex Kara, evidently it is not sold in the US. The video was in German. It looks like a more elegant and expensive version of a device I bought on Ebay. It has plus or minus ion, 3 colors of light, and 5 strengths of ultrasound.

I still can't figure out what I should use plus or minus ion for. I have been doing the red light with the plus ion, and today I tried it with the minus ion. Oh my, my face was really red for about an hour afterwards.
laxsw92
5% products discount

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:37 pm      Reply with quote

piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
So, galvanic + deep cleans your skin and galvanic - helps deeply pushes in your product.
I have read, perhaps in this thread-"If you use at home Ultrasound, which device, and results pls"- that using ultrasonic and galvanic - together is 77 times more effective than either by itself. Or, it could have been in the Sqoom thread now that I think about it... Some of these are so long and have SO much info, right? What I think I understand is that this machine lets you deep clean, push in product, firm, and lift. Also, it has infrared LED which is awesome for healing and rejuvenation, though I don't know yet that these LED's are very effective (I have a DPL that is much bigger). People compare the functions to the Sqoom and Fyola, which don't have the LED's. Maybe check out the threads on these other devices or search the forum for "galvanic"?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |