Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How safe is safetox?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
khaleesi
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:39 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking into to all measures of anti aging recently and was looking into different devices for the face. Came across safetox and the reviews seem brilliant and ive read alot of posts on here that mention how good it is. Im only young (24)but surely preventing aging is better than treating it? I think so Smile

But my question is the safetox is said to relax muscles. Now over time if you used this for months and years wont this gradually deteriorate the muscles ? To the point they actually can waste away? Surely that end result couldnt be good for the face.

Found some links to do with botox causing atrophy in the muscles. Safetox and botox do pretty much the same thing to the muscles dont they but without the injection. So i would think this safetox can lead to atrophy possibly?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Don’t have the device, so can only share what I have read but safetox works the muscles to relax them, whereas botox forces the muscles by paralysing them. Completely different and separate things and worlds apart. My understanding is that it also works the occpitalis muscles at the back of the head which us women can’t always move easily (I can’t no matter what I try). So its worth it for that alone in my opinion!

khaleesi wrote:
I have been looking into to all measures of anti aging recently and was looking into different devices for the face. Came across safetox and the reviews seem brilliant and ive read alot of posts on here that mention how good it is. Im only young (24)but surely preventing aging is better than treating it? I think so Smile

But my question is the safetox is said to relax muscles. Now over time if you used this for months and years wont this gradually deteriorate the muscles ? To the point they actually can waste away? Surely that end result couldnt be good for the face.

Found some links to do with botox causing atrophy in the muscles. Safetox and botox do pretty much the same thing to the muscles dont they but without the injection. So i would think this safetox can lead to atrophy possibly?
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
I do have the device and love it!

It does not forcefully relax your muscles, but teaches slowly and very gradually some of your muscles to stay relaxed and others - to work in order to support your face in good condition.

I can not imagine how it can be unsafe.

Similar device was recently approved by FDA for treating migraines.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just saw the article about the device for migraines which I suffer from (especially more so now since I'm perimenopausal). Definitely going to order it because my migraines lately have been killing me and I refuse meds for them. I'd rather try a device first that is.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Ah bummer! Looks like I need a prescription to order it. Anyone know if Safetox is similar? Both devices look exactly the same.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Nevermind, skip that last post. I read the older post about Safetox and thank you everyone for the referral to Win-Health. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am guessing with prescription you may get it cheaper. Worth to try. The migraine device cost even more than Safetox.

I’ve read it works similar, but not exactly the same.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi WhiteWolf,

I have had the Safetox for years & used it fairly consistently with no probs & great results.

My DH uses it for severe tension headaches with great results also.

He uses the Cefaly electrodes for this purpose where I use the Safetox ones.

Hope this helps.
carlingus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
Aww man...I was SO excited after reading the long safetox thread and this one. It seemed like the perfect answer to my forehead lines and after work headaches. Win health rejected my order since I'm in the US they said they can't ship Safetox into the US.

Dare I buy on eBay?
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus wrote:
Aww man...I was SO excited after reading the long safetox thread and this one. It seemed like the perfect answer to my forehead lines and after work headaches. Win health rejected my order since I'm in the US they said they can't ship Safetox into the US.

Dare I buy on eBay?

What? Are you sure you are looking at the right site?

http://www.win-health.com/safetox.html

I bought mine from them several years ago with delivery to New York . And only few months ago i ordered from them a pack of fresh electrodes with no problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
YB...yes, that appears to be the site I visited.

They said :

'we are prevented from distributing this product into the USA by our supplier (manufacturer) - STX Medical' ......and they refunded me the next day
YB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Interesting. Can you buy from them Cefaly?
It is approved by FDA, so there is no excuse to not sell it to USA.

Few posts ago cabrita reported using safetox with cefaly electrodes. I guess it can work the other way around as well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
carlingus that is super odd because I live in the US and purchased a safetox 2 years ago.
One of the devises I would replace in a heartbeat if something happened to it.

Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I thinks it's safe to safetox. A 5 minute session each day over a period of weeks is enough to relax your muscles for a youthful face. The wrinkles are reduced and the face opens up and appears radiant and serene.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |