Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Dermastamp results on 30 year old scar after 14 months
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've not posted here in some time but I thought I'd come back and give an interesting and unexpected result I have from 14 months of using a dermastamp (owndoc small round 12 needle) along with individual needling on a scar.

I'm currently 50 years old now, and 30 years ago at age 20 I had a suspicious mole about the size of a pencil top eraser on my inner thigh. I'd had it for years but it started to raise and change color, so the doc removed it surgically. I have extremely fair skin. After he removed the mole I ended up with a scar over twice the size of the mole - it now looked like a jelly bean shape and to make matters worse, he waited too long to remove my 6 sutures so I was left with 6 little white dots. It looked kind of like a little caterpillar with 3 dots for legs on each side.

Honestly I've never cared. It eventually faded and although I could still see it I wasn't bothered by it. As the years went on and especially after turning 40 or so, it started to stretch from my skin getting naturally looser I guess. It was quite a bit bigger than it was originally and what was odd was the skin of the scar was loose and very thin, almost tissue papery. The suture marks had stretched a little bit too, looking even more like legs.

I still didn't care, but about 14 months ago I thought what the hell I'll just see what happens if I roll this baby really deep. First time I used a regular roller - 1.5. Rolled back and forth, of course also rolling surrounding skin. I kind of forgot about it by the next day other than it was bright red, I ignored it and did my normal AHA lotion one night, Vitamin C the next routine right over it. I had planned to protect it for a few days as I would on my face but I forgot. A couple months later I did it again, this time using the small derma stamp for the inside of the scar and individual needles for the little suture dots. I really stamped the hell out of it. Once again, just forgot about it and went about my life. I think I've done it maybe 3 more times in the last year, but I really started to notice a big improvement this past March. There was no more loose skin and the entire scar was smaller and the white dots almost completely gone. I could still see all six, but they were so faded and I could not feel them at all.

I did it the last time in June, and was really looking today and I can hardly even find the scar. It is now not much bigger than my original mole, the white dots are all but gone (if I use a magnifying glass I can see 3 of them). I'm going to keep at it I figure maybe one day it'll be gone completely but I have to say I almost consider it gone now. Nobody else would ever see this without being up close and me finding it on my leg and pointing it out.

I still don't care about this scar, but what it has proven to me is that derma rolling really works. It takes time and patience and I can't say how much it's helped my face/neck and chest because I also regularly do TCA peels so my skin was already looking improved and pretty good from those, but… this scar is all the proof I need that something is happening in there. I've had this scar for 30 years!

Just wanted to share that because I know that I like to hear success stories.

Sorry this is so long I tried to condense it. It was much longer, lol. Smile
ellaova

Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Any pics? I have major scar issues and have been investigating derma rolling. Very encouraging. Razz
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
No, I'm sorry I don't have pictures. When I started this the only thing I had on my mind was tightening and thickening the skin of the scar so it wasn't loose, and I thought the scar might fade a little (or darken actually as the scar was lighter than my skin. It started darker in the first year and then lightened up but it went lighter than my skin and showed up very much. Same with my breast aug scars).

I never expected the scar would actually shrink and ultimately disappear. I would have taken pictures if I thought that might happen or really if I truly thought anything would happen! I was just doing it on a whim as I figured if this worked then I could have my own proof there's something to this.

Next up I'm going to do my breast scars and I will take photos first. Actually I'm just going to do a small portion in case it backfires somehow. I'm really so encouraged by this scar on my leg that I'm feeling great about things. However, the only advice I can give is don't do it too often and don't look for results in the mirror every day. I tend to do that with my face but this one I left alone and it worked out.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |