Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Palo Via At Home Wrinkle Removal Laser!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
EC413 wrote:
Does anyone know why the Palovia is unavailable everywhere? I already own one but is there a bad reason as to why its no longer for sale?

My thinking would be that the Palovia has been superseded by the ReAura and Tria technology - both of these devices are much easier to use and are more effective than the Palovia. Also, IMO the fact that the Palovia is recommended only for the treatment of the peri-orbiatal area is just one of those FDA "quirks" (for want of a better word!)

I was thinking this too, however many of the sites say "out of stock/item on backorder - will have next week" so I don't think it means they are stopping production. If palovia ever felt that it was being superseded I think they would just cut the palovia price in half, however its still selling for $499 (I got mine brand new on eBay for $299). Maybe they are currently planning on a price decrease or something for the holidays or because competition devices are emerging. I think the palovia works great which is why I'm keeping it along with my reaura. It does a good job of really targeting the eye area, which is what ages you the most. My bottle of palovia gel is still 95% full but I should order another bottle just in case the palovia is done!!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Just as I suspected, the Palovia is back on Amazon and other beauty sites, still $499!!

If anyone is looking for one of these go on eBay. I got mine brand new for $299.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow looks like Palovia is out of stock and maybe discontinued? Anyone know what's going on?

I have one, and I haven't used it since getting my Tria, wonder if I should hold onto it or sell it on eBay since there is a shortage? Lol. Wonder if the Palovia stopped because other competitors like ReAura and Tria popped onto the market?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Just updating: I ended up selling my Palovia on eBay. I purchased it back in 2013 for $299 and sold it for $370 almost a year later! What a deal, huh? Like Keliu said, I think that Palovia is no longer being made because of the Tria and ReAura. You can still find Palovia on eBay. I found the device nice, but no longer necessary after I got the Tria. And I didn't like the lasting redness and track marks that seemed to take a while to dissipate.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still using my Palovia and I have the Tria. I just can't get under my eyes with the Tria. Since I don't have any wrinkles there I don't use it that frequently but I'm keeping mine and using it until it dies.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nikossmile wrote:
I'm still using my Palovia and I have the Tria. I just can't get under my eyes with the Tria. Since I don't have any wrinkles there I don't use it that frequently but I'm keeping mine and using it until it dies.

I almost kept mine for that very reason, my problem was that I already have Lightstim (wrinkles), ReAura AND Tria laser. So I wanted to get rid of one of my devices (I got overwhelmed lol), and the Palovia seemed like the best to sell. I do think that it worked, but I just hated that marks left behind. Definitely packed a punch, though. And I was so happy to actually MAKE money on the device, by selling it for more than what I purchased for. I think because it's no longer being sold, that it worked out in my favor.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Good you to make some $! I don't always have time to use my Tria and my NuFace but I'm still looking to add to my arsenal also. The Palovia manages to get right under my tear duct, getting rid of most of my millia (don't know why I care I'm sure no one notices but me).
Kmjjjb

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I need some big time help for the crepey skin under my eyes. I don't know if I should buy a Tria laser or PaloVia off ebay. Any recommendations are appreciated. Do they work similarly? Will I get similar results especially for under my eyes?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Kmjjjb wrote:
I need some big time help for the crepey skin under my eyes. I don't know if I should buy a Tria laser or PaloVia off ebay. Any recommendations are appreciated. Do they work similarly? Will I get similar results especially for under my eyes?

I recommend the Tria, simply because it can be used all over the face. Palovia is no longer manufactured, Tria is still around and has great customer service (in my experience).

Palovia was a great device, however I think the Tria would overall be more beneficial.
Kmjjjb

Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you! I'll take your advice!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just got apalovia used from eBay... Price was ok now I am very excited but scared Can you please giv e mesons advise on using bit ? Why I canot use it all over my face

Thank you guys ...need a bit o courage to start using it lol
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:27 am      Reply with quote
talyta wrote:
I just got apalovia used from eBay... Price was ok now I am very excited but scared Can you please giv e mesons advise on using bit ? Why I canot use it all over my face

Thank you guys ...need a bit o courage to start using it lol

Start at the lowest setting and see how your skin reacts the first couple days. Move to higher settings as you tolerate it well. The highest setting does sting a bit, but was tolerable for me.

Sometimes there is trouble getting it to zap if its not making good contact with the skin. If I recall correctly, there are EDS forum postings with suggestions for this.

You can use it on other areas, I did. But you only get 25 zaps then it shuts off. 25 doesn't give you many to cover other areas. I tried it around my mouth. I thought it did a better job around the eyes. Hope it does what you need!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:26 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl thank you Smile
I don't expect any miracle but I know that evry bit of "work" done daily will keep me in a good shape ,,, I turned 50 this year and I am pretty happy with my skin ...oh well around the eyes not so Wink
I started to take care of my face atound 45 when I discovered this forum ..I wish I did it before .
Thanks for the encouagement once again big hug
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm crazy, but found a new Palovia for cheap on eBay, it was a new listing so I snatched it up! Supposedly these are old stock from HSN or something, and have been sitting idle. The first one I received had a crack in the handle toward the back top where the screw is, received my 2nd one yesterday (seller agreed to replace with another).

It came with a full unused bottle of gel, the laser, cord, manual, original box AND a charging stand. And unused as the seals were still intact. Manufactured July of 2012.

Weird observation, the first model I got that had the crack, it had an extra "beep" sound when you were doing the stamps on the skin, after the bell dings it would beep, almost as if its telling you to move to a different part of the skin.

My original Palovia that I bought back in 2013 (and sold on eBay a year after) never had a beep. And when I sent the cracked one in that beeped, the replacement DOESNT beep. I wonder if that one was some sort of special demonstration model? Odd right?

Anyways, so now I own way too many laser devices, Reaura, Tria ADL (tried selling the ADL on ebay, buyer backed out so I have to relist), Tria eye laser AND now again, the Palovia.

I have learned from the past though, when I do use the Palovia, I wont use nightly as I remember too fondly how bad my redness was. I plan on using 3x a week or so. I also might incorporate using this in conjunction with Tria's eye laser. Since Tria's eye laser is a lot more gentle, I may use Tria eye laser 3x a week/ Palovia 3x a week and then give a day or two of resting depending on how my eyes look.

So yay, Palovia owner again, I can't pass up a great eBay deal. And for a brand new Palovia, what I paid was a pretty good steal considering these are selling for $750 on Amazon!

I think what made me repurchase was the fact that these are no longer manufactured and they are becoming rare. I had to snatch one back up!

I took a few days off using the Tria eye laser and used the Palovia last night, and dang I forgot how strong it is! It packs a punch. Redness is pretty much gone today, although maybe slightly pink. Again, I think using this device daily is far too aggressive, I don't plan on using it that way.

Bringing this thread back from the dead! Does anyone on here even own a Palovia anymore?
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am      Reply with quote
And thanks to Keliu, I am ordering Paw Paw ointment on Amazon for under my eyes. I need to get some sort of balm to really hydrate as I know the Palovia (especially in the first month) can be very drying to that delicate eye skin.

I skipped using Palovia or Tria last night, my eyes couldve taken it as they weren't red at all, but I feel some time off in between is essential for the Palovia. Darn this thing is so much stronger than the Tria eye laser, at least it looks that way when you look at the skin after doing each. With the Tria, the skin is slightly reddened but def more subtle. With the Palovia, the redness is definitely deeper and more apparent and the swelling looks greater. Not saying the Palovia is better than the Tria definitely stronger.

As I said before, I plan on using the Palovia not as recommended. I will only zap myself with it 2-3 times a week on high, not daily, because I remember all too well 2 years ago when I had it and was constantly covering up my eyes because of the redness.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
The BEST WAY to use the Palovia is 3-4 times a week, not daily. I've been going strong with my Palovia since I got it about 2 weeks ago. I use it about 3-4x per week and the redness is gone by morning, maybe slightly pink.

When I first had the Palovia back in 2013, using it daily caused redness that never went away and took forever to go away. EVERYDAY IS A NO NO WITH THIS. My eyes look great though. Palomar would've had more success with this device had they just made the treatment 3x per week or every other day. It's too strong for daily use!

So glad I have the Palovia back. I also sometimes use the Tria (for eyes) in between.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 18, 2016 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just bought another Palovia! Was just listed on eBay today for $74.99 or best offer, I offered $64.99 and the guy accepted! We will see the condition but I plan (depending on the condition) selling it or selling the one I currently have that is in perfect condition. Those things sell for $300-400 on eBay! Guy must not have known much about them! Considering this went for over $500 Brand New and now are rare and discontinued, $64.99 was a steal! I should have offered even less lol.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 25, 2016 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Nevermind on that second Palovia. So odd, I won the auction, paid, a few days went by, I wrote and said has it been shipped? The guy finally wrote back a day later saying sorry, the laser didn't pass inspection so I can offer refund, and has already refunded me. How strange though! Who puts an item up for sale without making sure it was fit to be sold? Anyways, I am happy I got my refund but loved the idea of getting a Palovia for 65$, it sounded too good to be true and it was!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |