Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Omnilux Light Therapy, mentioned in NewBeauty Magazine
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Jelly, there's a search button that you can use to look through the forums (and it's best to try it before asking people about things that have become commonly known abbreviations on EDS). Also, it's great to go through as many of the threads as possible that are pertaining to your areas of interest - there are MANY threads on the various LEDs, that are bursting with information! Just search LEDs, or scan the Do it Yourself, or even use the 'hot' library button, which will show you some of the most popular threads... Wink
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
what is AAC please Mickey anyone ??? love jelly

Sorry Jelly that was meant to read ADC, alldaychemist. Smile
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Ok hopefully last question !!!! Mickey and miss anna did you both get your retin A posted too australia ?? were there any customs problems please ??? I am scared of ordering something we need aprescription for here but the prices etc are great .. thankyou all for helping me so much Jelly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Ok hopefully last question !!!! Mickey and miss anna did you both get your retin A posted too australia ?? were there any customs problems please ??? I am scared of ordering something we need aprescription for here but the prices etc are great .. thankyou all for helping me so much Jelly.

Yes I got my retin a posted to Australia and I didn't pay any tax. As long as the cost of the contents is less than $250 you don't pay customs duty.

ADC will ask the name of your doctor but they don't contact them.
GORGEOUS@50
5% products discount

Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyouthankyou thankyou girls. Now Ill jumt to the skincare forum/ products to ask about which retin A I need ???? but I realise Im supposed to be talking about omnilux here which infact I did start talking about.. I am so excited to learn from you alll thankyou again Jelly....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:44 am      Reply with quote
GORGEOUS@50 wrote:
Kassy does the aa stim take forever to use ???? eg the dpl does the whole face at once !

thankyou for sharing your favourites I havent even studied the vaculifter yet. but I love skin rolling !

again about the retin A product girls !!!!
for those ordering it through allday chemist are any girls getting retin a posted to australia. I want to use it with my Omnilux love Jelly xoxoxo

I started by using the DPL unit about 2.5 years ago. The device has a mixture of 20 x 660nm and 154 x 880nm leds - I didn't get a result from using this device, I am not sure why?

I find the Lightstim unit is a fair superior product as also I feel the omnilux hand held is in the same league.

PQ

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:04 am      Reply with quote
Mishey wrote:
Keliu a 20gm tube of retin a from AAC cost $2.08 last time I purchased it. I bought 12 tubes of it and with the shipping at I think $25, it would've cost around $55AUD for 240gm. How much do you get in a tube for $30?

The Retin-A I get is only a 20gm tube - so, yes, it's much more economical to bulk order from ADC. However, a tube lasts me about 4-6 months so I don't bother.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Mishey wrote:
Keliu a 20gm tube of retin a from AAC cost $2.08 last time I purchased it. I bought 12 tubes of it and with the shipping at I think $25, it would've cost around $55AUD for 240gm. How much do you get in a tube for $30?

The Retin-A I get is only a 20gm tube - so, yes, it's much more economical to bulk order from ADC. However, a tube lasts me about 4-6 months so I don't bother.

Oh ok. I use it on my hands and arms also so I go through it fairly quickly.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:15 am      Reply with quote
trigger wrote:
just got an Omnilux because I found it for a great price,...
I had a strange thing happen yesterday. As I'm in Japan, I've found it almost impossible to eat here without getting 'glutened' - everything contains soy sauce, and soy contains wheat -, or 'shellfished' - normal fish is cut on the same boards with the same knives as shellfish,...
If the omnilux can help with my longterm goal of keeping my eyes firm, and helps to thicken up the damaged skin, I'll be a very happy person.

So, I've only started to link the puffiness with wheat just recently... but only with wheat... Rolling Eyes Hadn't completely focused on the fact that it is probably because of the gluten in it!! Sad Must read a bit more about it! The vaculifter did wonders with my eye puffiness but couldn't work out why suddenly out of the blue they would come back one morning even after backing off from wheat,...it's always been after a night out enjoying a lovely Chinese meal toppled with soy sauce! Brick wall
I think I'm going to give the Omnilux a try. I haven't got any LED devices, but my big interest is in recovering the healthy skin around my eyes (years of baggy eyes before realising that wheat was one of the big culprits has left the skin a bit loose and wrinkly Mad ) Must check if I can get it on ebay for a decent price or if there is any distributors around Europe where I can purchase it! Anyone around Europe here could give me any advice as to where I could find it? (I live in Spain)

TIA!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again,
I've been trying to purchase the Omnilux New-U on eBay... having a bit of trouble as to getting on with it regarding the shipping fee for out of USA,...no shipping fee for Europe appears, I put it in manually after consulting about the fee with the seller and the eBay order form page doesn't accept it Mad ! The seller is actually trying to solve this problem.
But in any case, does anyone know of anywhere in Europe where I can purchase it?
I have seen another web page but the price does seem to go up tremendously!
Trigger and Kassy_A, are you still noticing good results around the eyes?
TIA!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have finally got an Omnilux New-U. My first 'light' gadget.
The instructions is one session of 20 minutes Infrared and 48 hours after, a 20 minutes one of Red... that is it. Next week over again, do a session of Infrared and 48 hours after, one of Red light. And so on, just two sessions a week, one Infrared and one Red... It is supposed to be eight sessions in all, and the results will start to appear afterwards.
Is that how you who have the gadget have being doing it? And anyhow, after so many months how are you getting on with it?
I would sincerely appreciate the answers of users of this gadget.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there,

I have to say that I've been a bit too busy, and a bit too lazy to be keeping up with a few of my beauty routines, and haven't been too motivated with the omnilux. I used it a bunch when I first got it, and haven't used it since. I think a lot of people have trouble keeping up with the LEDs. Mainly because it's such a cumulative process, so results just slowly accrue over time and it's difficult to know where the results are really coming from, if you use a number of different products/tools. I still think it's well made, and intend to pick it up again...
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks trigger,
Well, I already did my first session of infrared two days ago, and just finished the one of Red led... the red light is far 'brighter' than I had expected actually.

I have also decided to use the Red led on the terrible eczema I have right now on my hands, just did my first session of only five minutes each.
I was actually hoping to hear good news... anyhow, as I have the gadget I'll stick to the instructions for the eye area and experiment on my eczema.

Funny that a simple device like this one doesn't make people keep up with it!

I'll try to post back with my results, whether eye wrinkles or eczema wise.

Hugs, A.
LBH
5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:03 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Thanks trigger,
Well, I already did my first session of infrared two days ago, and just finished the one of Red led... the red light is far 'brighter' than I had expected actually.

I have also decided to use the Red led on the terrible eczema I have right now on my hands, just did my first session of only five minutes each.
I was actually hoping to hear good news... anyhow, as I have the gadget I'll stick to the instructions for the eye area and experiment on my eczema.

Hugs, A.

ATester,
I also have eczema on my hands and was wondering if my AALS would help. I have used it a few times, but haven't noticed any difference. Have you found anything that has made a difference?

5% products discount

Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Thanks trigger,

Hugs, A.

ATester,
I also have eczema on my hands and was wondering if my AALS would help. I have used it a few times, but haven't noticed any difference. Have you found anything that has made a difference?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi LBH,
No, neither the AALS or the Omnilux helped my eczema, and I tried them out for a long time. What finally helped was have a Food Allergy/Intolerance Test -which was not cheap by the way!- I stopped eating what appeared I was allergic to, and also applied a certain cortisone cream for a while... I still have a certain amount of eczema in one finger, and sometimes flares up more if I'm extra nervous, but otherwise the real bad, bad eczema -both hands covered, bright red and itchy- has subsided, but not with the help of any LED.
LBH
5% products discount

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ATester,

That's too bad...I was hoping for a silver bullet. I noticed you mentioned on another thread that taking zinc seemed to help?

I guess I need to determine if this is a food allergy thing. It just started out of the blue this past winter, and has not gone away. My diet is pretty consistent, so I am not sure what brought it on.

LBH

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Found these on eBay for 70-100$, thinking of getting one. I already have my Lightstim but I love devices... hmm.
beauty_fan
5% products discount

Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I think UV is supposed to work for Eczema. Look at UVBioTek's home phototherapy equipment.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I just got one of these for $55.00 on eBay (with a $5 off coupon eBay gave me and free shipping). Supposedly it's unused but out of the box, I don't care either way. Another LED device! Gonna put my Lightstim down and try this out for a few weeks. Will let you guys know how it all goes.

In my opinion, the reason why they say to use "20 minutes in each spot" with the Omnilux is because they have you using it 2x a week. I plan on using it daily, for 3 mins on each spot, similar to the Lightstim. I really don't think I can hold this thing in place for 20 minutes, unless I plan on ONLY focusing on under eye zone.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
20 minutes in each spot 2x a week = 40 minutes of treatment time each spot.

3 minutes in each spot 5-7 times a week means 15-21 minutes of treatment time each spot. So maybe I'll do 5 minutes in each spot 7 days a week to total 35 minutes of treatment each zone per week. (I'll also switch off, IR light one week, visible red light the next week)

Should be getting it this Saturday. My devices: D'arsonval HF machine, Lightstim for Wrinkles, ReAura, Tria, Clarisonic Mia and NOW Omnilux. Boy oh boy...
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Anyone have an omnilux? Can you see if your cord is also hard to plug into the back? Seems like there's maybe a built in clip that holds the cord in? Either way, mine takes some force to plug in.

Got my omnilux yesterday. Got it for $55 on eBay. Dang this sucker is bright! The brightness on the red setting really surprised me. Not saying the brightness means it'll work better but this seems like 2x as bright as my Lightstim.

Gonna try this out for a few weeks, different protocol though. Instead of 20 mins each zone 2x a week that they recommend, I'm doing like 7 mins a zone 5-7 times a week. And will randomly switch back and forth from red to IR. I'm happy with this unit, seems pretty well built despite being light as a feather and again, dang it's bright!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
beauty_fan wrote:
I think UV is supposed to work for Eczema. Look at UVBioTek's home phototherapy equipment.

Hi, thanks, yes, I did once have UV recommended by a dermatologist. I actually took full body treatments because the eczema was also over my legs. It did seem to help, but very little. I live in a very sunny place and doesn't help much with eczema, what has helped is moisturising a lot and applying the creams -also treatment creams with cortison- over a damp skin. The applying the creams/oils over an already damp skin was a great discovery for me.
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
EC413 wrote:
Anyone have an omnilux? Can you see if your cord is also hard to plug into the back? Seems like there's maybe a built in clip that holds the cord in? Either way, mine takes some force to plug in.

Got my omnilux yesterday. Got it for $55 on eBay. Dang this sucker is bright! The brightness on the red setting really surprised me. Not saying the brightness means it'll work better but this seems like 2x as bright as my Lightstim.

Gonna try this out for a few weeks, different protocol though. Instead of 20 mins each zone 2x a week that they recommend, I'm doing like 7 mins a zone 5-7 times a week. And will randomly switch back and forth from red to IR. I'm happy with this unit, seems pretty well built despite being light as a feather and again, dang it's bright!

Hi, just tried the plug at the back,... I plugged it in when I purchased it and never bothered to un-plug it from the back of the gadget.. and yes, it seems to make a 'click' when I re-plug it.
I like this gadget but I use it as per instructions, far less time consuming than using it every day, and only for what it is intended, orbicular area. I follow the instructions of use twice a year, sometimes three.
Interested in knowing what results you get from its use fewer minutes/daily on different areas.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
EC413 wrote:

Hi, just tried the plug at the back,... I plugged it in when I purchased it and never bothered to un-plug it from the back of the gadget.. and yes, it seems to make a 'click' when I re-plug it.
I like this gadget but I use it as per instructions, far less time consuming than using it every day, and only for what it is intended, orbicular area. I follow the instructions of use twice a year, sometimes three.
Interested in knowing what results you get from its use fewer minutes/daily on different areas.

Thank you so much for checking your omnilux and seeing that yours is a little hard to click in too. At first I thought the inside was bent but I'm pretty sure it's a built in clip to hold the cord in. But you eased my mind thank you.

Also yeah, for me I don't mind using daily as I use right before I sleep at night. It seems better to me to use for 5-7 minutes each area 5 days a week rather than 2 days with 20 in each area. By the way I only treat 6-8 total zones on my face.

In my opinion the omnilux gets far too hot, I don't like keeping it in one zone for too long, even after 5 mins you sort of feel a burn.

I think the omnilux didn't sell well and become a commodity (as much as the lightstim) because the treatment of 20 mins seems odd to me, I think if people used it like the lightstim then results would be similar, why not. I could be wrong but I'll be the guinea pig Smile

I already love the omnilux, it packs a punch and really blinds you. It definitely has professional type power.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |