Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

what supplements and health foods are you taking
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
hussar01
5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 am      Reply with quote
is anyone taking vitamin B complex, horsetail, green smoothies, more protein, less sugar, more veg and fruit, and what differences have you noticed? There's research saying eating red and orange fruit and veg eg beetroot, melon, carrot gives a better skin colour, more golden even on darker skin colours. having two helping daily for 6 weeks gives a signficant difference. Anyone want to do the challenge?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I think whole foods do make a difference too hussar! I eat Paleo and take extra calcium/mag, vit D3 5K iu, CoQ10 400mg (this helps get rid of crows feet), VitaMedica HealthySkin supp, and some others Ive probably forgotten. Sometimes I take a collagen sup with vit C when I think of it and a secretagogue formula to tweak hGH.

The American Academy for AntiAging Medicine's website sometimes has interesting new info about nutrition:

http://www.worldhealth.net/

5% products discount

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Fawnie Smile
just want to say thank you for your generosity over the years in sharing your knowledge and experience. it's inspiring because you walk the talk.
What do you think about MitoQ? it's the active form of COQ10; ubiquinol in a format that enters skin cells. Can it be done at home as the serum is too expensive for regular use?
Apparently it's safe for long term use.

http://www.truthinaging.com/mitoq-moisturizing-anti-aging-serum

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MitoQ
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Health Force Nutritionals supplements (chlorella, antioxidants, spirulina, enzymes, etc.), multi, Vit D (3,000 IU/day), magnesium, B complex, B12, cal & mag, MSM complex, time-released Vit C.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Paleo, Intermittent Fasting, smoothies from my Nutribullet, astaxanthin, lycopene, lutein, more supps than I care to mention. Smile
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Great question. I'm Paleo and eat ketogenically. So...no sugar or flour. I feel that both are enemies of my face Wink I also do daily intermittent fasting. I actually only eat dinner. No breakfast or lunch. Lots of water. Water is my only drink besides an AM cup of coffee.

I eat bone broth or great lakes gelatin every day, and take msm. I drink a gallon of water daily (that's 128 ounces) and it's made a huge difference in the quality of my skin.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:04 am      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
Great question. I'm Paleo and eat ketogenically. So...no sugar or flour. I feel that both are enemies of my face Wink I also do daily intermittent fasting. I actually only eat dinner. No breakfast or lunch. Lots of water. Water is my only drink besides an AM cup of coffee.

I eat bone broth or great lakes gelatin every day, and take msm. I drink a gallon of water daily (that's 128 ounces) and it's made a huge difference in the quality of my skin.

I really disagree with eating only one meal a day. I cannot think of any dietician, doctor (medical or Naturopathic) advise eating one meal a day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
Autumn1995 wrote:

I really disagree with eating only one meal a day. I cannot think of any dietician, doctor (medical or Naturopathic) advise eating one meal a day.

Er....okay? That's cool!
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
Plenty of people are eating one meal per day. The Warrior diet is one example. I myself could never do that. I would die of hunger. Laughing
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
Pandax12 wrote:
Plenty of people are eating one meal per day. The Warrior diet is one example. I myself could never do that. I would die of hunger. Laughing

Hah...I thought so too! But for some reason, eating ketogenically ( very low carb, as you already know Wink ) is a giant appetite suppressant for me. I like to eat! I love to eat. I really love having the one big meal.
hussar01
5% products discount

Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
i've heard great things about bone broth making significant improvements to skin. really good to hear they're true.
About eating one meal in the evenings. This is meant to be the best way to do intermittent fasting. I've tried it myself and it works great but only if you're basically healthy in the first place. Apparently if one has thyroid problems breakfast is the most important meal of the day to kick start the metabolism. By the way thyroid problems cause facial changes like drooping eyebrows and redness under the lower lash line and at the outer corner of the eye, amongst many other symptoms, one of them being unable to do intermittent fasting for any length of time.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 am      Reply with quote
That's good to know.

I think it works so well for me, and is great for weight control. I also really enjoy not having to think about food or taking the time to stop to eat until dinner. And then I really, truly enjoy the process of preparing it and eating it.

hussar01, have you been taking any of the things you mentioned in your initial post? I'm up for a challenge if you want to pick one! It would be so helpful to have someone to compare notes with.

Yes the bone broth has been amazing for me. I first read about it on a reddit subforum for keto. A man was using it while dieting, and he said it helped all of his stretch marks go away. He also said it tightened up the loose skin under his arms. He was in his 40s, too, so not a young-un Wink
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
What is bone broth? Do you prepare your own and how is it done. Thanks.
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:41 am      Reply with quote
TheSweetLife wrote:

Hi, TheSweetLife,

It tastes good, and it's full of collagen. I make my own from the bones and cartilage of whatever meat I've cooked recently. I freeze the bones; chicken, beef, pork..whatever. Then when I have a pot full, I cook it down in water and a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. You cook it slowly all day (or two) and then store it in the fridge, and use it for cooking or for soup broth. It basically turns into gelatin - thick and opaque. There are lots of variations on how to prepare it if you google. Obviously not for vegans and vegetarians...... Wink

Oh and the vinegar draws out all of the cartilage from the bone joints, that's why it's in there.
hussar01
5% products discount

Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Little Vase, YES. This forum is an education and an inspiration but this challenge is all the incentive I need now to get going with my own beauty plan!

I'm thinking 30 days of:

i) No sugar and low carbs in general
ii) Two daily servings of beetroot and other fruit/veg. I'll report back on any skin improvements.

I can't get organised with the bone broth just yet, unfortunately, so will leave that for a later challenge.

What do you have in mind Little Vase?
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I'll do what you're doing! When do you want to start? How are you going to take the beetroot? In some kind of capsule or tea, or are you going to juice roots? I can do whatever!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am in ladies!!!

I started a diet 3 days ago using myfinesspal application . I really love the way they present there journal is very simple and I can connect it to my fitbit ( a gadget that is counting steps)

I have to loose 10-12 lbs not too much but that what I collected in the last 3 years and the worst is that is going up Wink .

What I am eating now is kind of low carb , high protein + greens and one fruit a day ..... Smile If you are interested in my progress in myfitnessspal I am taly_ly ... I'll report here as well regarding my skin . I am also planning to go back and take Biosil , Neocell+ vitamin C, MSM

Currently I am taking
Krill oil
Vitamin d
Calcium+Magnesium
Turmeric
Selenium
Ginseng

I might add some green veggies juice - but probably that will be a powder

I forgot to mention about the diet that in the past I tried WW somehow successful (lost 10 lbs in 6 months and put them back in one year)

This time ww doesn't work it seems that the "no limit fruit" is just not right for me ... I can eat all day only fruit and that would be zero points and I am not loosing a gram .. oh well I am gaining Wink
Chlorophyll
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've cut down on my supplements A LOT in the past year! The only ones I take daily now are a fish oil and a trubiotic. Every 2-3 days I'll take an astaxanthin, D, a few others. I just can't justify the expense and hassle when I have no way of knowing how much good they do. I really wish the FDA would start regulating supplements just as they do food and drugs. It would make them a little more expensive, but the quality would be 100% guaranteed.

Other than that, I have lots of smoothies and salads. I'm a big "real soup" person, as many of the rest of you apparently are. Wink Besides just bones I also like to put in shrimp shells, crawdad heads, etc, in my broth. It's supposed to be good for your bones and joints to add crustacean shells. Don't know if it's true, but it sure tastes great!
JenniferP2667

Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I've been addicted to taking supplements because I want to have better skin so I've started on a few brands including nivea, neutrogena, and most recently biocorrex, and of the three, I definitely noticed that biocorrex did more for my skin from the inside as they were capsules that I had to drink every day with water. Amazing results!
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
TheSweetLife wrote:

Hi, TheSweetLife,

It tastes good, and it's full of collagen. I make my own from the bones and cartilage of whatever meat I've cooked recently. I freeze the bones; chicken, beef, pork..whatever. Then when I have a pot full, I cook it down in water and a few splashes of apple cider vinegar. You cook it slowly all day (or two) and then store it in the fridge, and use it for cooking or for soup broth. It basically turns into gelatin - thick and opaque. There are lots of variations on how to prepare it if you google. Obviously not for vegans and vegetarians...... Wink

Oh and the vinegar draws out all of the cartilage from the bone joints, that's why it's in there.

Thanks Little vase. I did not realize it should be cooked all day or longer.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:23 am      Reply with quote
sugar causes wrinkles and inflammation. If you never eat sugar you wont get cancer as cancer needs sugar to exist. I do a lot of things but I take anastaxathin; that helps to improve the skin and decrease wrinkles by 30%,it also helps vision.I take lycomato which is a natural internal sunscreen that protects the skin from sun.I do not use sunscreen since there are harmful ingredients like MSG in it(under a different name, compaies have learned that the public does not want the neurotoxin MSG(causes dementia among other things)so it now has many different names to hide under.By the way, common tabe salt has sugar in it so use those pink himalayan pink crystals in a grinder from trader joes if you want to avoid suger.
hussar01
5% products discount

Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Great!! lets start the no sugar, lots of veg diet. I'm eating beetroot as often as possible because I have sallow skin that needs brightening. Let's do 30 days starting tomorrow Mon 8 Sept ladies.
Just to know that you are both doing this with me is so inspirational.
Let's start
little vase
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, tomorrow it is! I will eat zero sugar. So, all whole foods, no sugar in anything unless it's already in the food. I'll eat veggies or salad every night for dinner, and will also eat beetroot!
talyta
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Smile let's see what happens lol anyway my sugar intake is zero anyway lots of stevia but I eat fruit and sometimes lots .... So here I have to be careful
I'll add the beets for skin Smile

Sweet dreams We need the beauty sleep for our glowing skin ladies
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I use organic beet root crystals - they taste good and you can add them to anything - I sprinkle them on salads, yogurt and smoothies
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |