Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Ponds Cold Cream: DIY version
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
pokerlady888
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use with great success a cleanser that was discontinued so I bought up some bottles, but when these are gone, I don't know how I will survive! I wish I could have a chemist make it for me.....it's the only cleanser that has ever been so amazing for my skin. If anyone has any ideas on how I could find a chemist to do that and would it be expensive...? That would be helpful.

I started using Pond's cold cream to start experimenting with new cleansers to try to find a new one that ISN'T discontinued. Sad

I heard that Pond's Cold Cream changed their ingredients a few years ago and they are not the original. Some people have issues with this new formula and experience break outs. I think I may be one of those people....unless that is considered a good thing? Does anyone use cold cream and could advise me if breaking out from the Pond's is normal at first or if that means it's not for me? And I know I am 100% breaking out from the Pond's.

I really liked the cold cream otherwise. It was really great except for the breaks outs...I was thinking of making my own cold cream at home to be like the old Pond's cold cream formula. Does anyone here make their own cold cream by any chance and have a good recipe and directions?
heyheymonster
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I PM'ed you some people I think could formulate something for you so check it out Smile.
havana8

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Have you seen the two in the DIY Recipe Index? Here they are:

Lotusesther's Cold cream Pond's DIY
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=6509531

TOBE's Basic Cold Cream
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=380270#380270

HTHs!
softly

Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I found this formula over at MissFairchild's Charm School blog, so I'll share the one I eventually created as a result:

22% beeswax

50.8% white mineral oil

26% distilled water or Rose Hydrosol

0.8% borax

0.5% preservative

Note: preservative wasn't included in the formula on the blog site, but I always use Liquid Germall Plus in any creations containing water.

This is amazingly.........greasy!........and utterly fantastic.

I wet my face thoroughly before applying just a titch (seems to be all that's needed to remove waterproof mascara) and then I either gently pat the excess off with a hot face cloth, or tissues.

Leaves my skin - well - 'waterproofed' would be a good description, with a decided smoothness and 'glow'.

Thinking about tweaking this formula a little bit and using candililla wax at a lower % rather than beeswax, up the water ratio, and reduce the mineral oil a wee bit to give it a slightly fluffier consistency.

A little of this will last a very long time.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |