Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

CP serum or .5mm roller: which first?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Azeite

Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
I want to start using CP serum (most likely Skin Biology) every morning followed by a AHA exfoliant at night.

...and I want to start using a derma-roller, probably just a .5mm a couple times a week.

But I don't want to start them at the same time! Which one should I use first for say, perhaps a month, until I add the other one to my daily regime?

CP serum or the .5mm derma roller? TIA.
Azeite

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Anyone? Should I have posted this to the "Skincare Tools" forum?

The reason I'm asking this question is because it's apparent that CP serum has an initial period of destructive regeneration ("the uglies") as well as the .5mm roller. I don't want to have both of these going on at the same time.. so which one should go first?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
A 0.5 mm roller should not be used more than once a week. According to Dr. S., an HA serum (without any junk) should be used right after.

You can start with the lowest strength Skinbiology CP product but don't use it right after a rolling session.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Setterfield's current philosophy is a 0.5mm once every 4 weeks.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
When did he change that?

Taken from dermal integrity:

"Therefore, roll with the MR2 (.2 mm )or MR3 (.3 mm ) daily (with a cosmetic skin care product) then once a week with the MR5 (.05 mm)."

http://www.dermalintegrity.com/how-often-should-i-roll-with-my-mr5.html

Dermal Intergity is a clinic directed by Dr. Lance Setterfield.

From his paper:

http://www.beautymagonline.com/sample-pages/1185-needling-09-1

.5 mm frequency use is 1/week. This frequency "produced best results in the shortest time (wrinkles 26% & UV 16%)."
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Yea I've seen those links and was going to comment on that. I've read that those links are outdated and he is now recommending rolling once every 4 weeks with the 0.5mm. But why would they not change their old web info???? Strange.
This is a great thread explaining some of his new rolling ideas. I'd only read the last half of the posts. I do believe I've seen your name as a member there. Fawnie explains it well. Maybe she will chime in.

http://skincare.boards.net/thread/49/dermarolling-skin-needling-pcit

http://www.blushzuidas.nl/bestanden/thuisroller-BLUSH.pdf

I've been rolling for 3 years now. Most of that time using Sarah's advice at owndoc.com. I've only been following Setterfield's 0.5mm once very 4 week protocol for a few months. I actually use a 0.75mm roller cause of thicker skin (man). I personally think anything up to 1.0mm is fine once every 4 weeks.Maybe even longer. I never rolled more than once a month following Sarah's advice. Usually every 6 seeks. I can't say I've noticed much of anything from rolling except for individual scars that have greatly improved form single needles and the roller. My skin looked great before I ever started rolling. I just believe in the science behind it and that it is working behind the scenes. Seems for sure it is not an exact science and that many methods are effective. Even the butcher jobs you see on Youtube I guess. Shock
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I got a confirmation from Dr S's team that:

".3 mm daily and the . 5mm once a week
Best use to combo for scars or heavy wrinkles."
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know what to believe. Maybe I'll just go back to Dr.Fernandez/owndoc methods.

http://skincare.boards.net/post/22382/thread

http://skincare.boards.net/post/22857/thread
LauraLizzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:52 am      Reply with quote
I am learning that there is no one RIGHT way. There are right ways, righter ways and wrong ways. Thankfully lots of right ways. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:11 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the copper peptide and vitamin serums from dermal integrity? I'm thinking of getting one of their rollers and using their products because I read in his book that you should be very careful what you apply afterwards
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:59 am      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Has anyone used the copper peptide and vitamin serums from dermal integrity? I'm thinking of getting one of their rollers and using their products because I read in his book that you should be very careful what you apply afterwards

Yes, I love the rollers & I love the serums. You can ask them to include either a Copper peptide serum or a Vitamin Serum with your roller.

The rollers are much shaper than from owndoc, IMO.

You can also purchase serums to apply afterwards from fawnie.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I could never see myself paying that kind of $$$$ for a roller. I've bought rollers on ebay for over 3 years now. I've read his rollers might be made a lil stronger but I've never had any issues with the ebay rollers. Some people do get bad ones on occasion. About like anything else you buy. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Green-Microneedle-Derma-Roller-Dermaroller-Micro-Needle-Skin-0-5mm-Acne-Wrinkle-/321300850738?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item4acf05e832

I'm sticking to using only Hyaluronic Acid after rolls 0.5mm or longer per Setterfields instructions.
LizzieG
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Russian sunshine - any recommendations from fawnie for post roll?
TheSweetLife
5% products discount

Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use a dermapen weekly and am working into the daily .3 roller Dr. S protocol. I have heard Skin Medica serum is a great option post roll. A friend who has had professional treatments has had it used and speaks highly of the results. Currently I am considering Environ products for post roll as these are intriguing and cutting edge for the technology of rolling.

I tend to use H.A. for a preroll product although I understand that a new rec from Dr. S is to use a baby saline solution (seems like it would be drying).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Why would anyone want to roll so much crap into their skin? Confused

Would it not be better to feed the skin cells with high quality actives without parabens, preservatives and silicones? Both Environ & SkinMedica products are full of junk.

TheSweetLife wrote:
I use a dermapen weekly and am working into the daily .3 roller Dr. S protocol. I have heard Skin Medica serum is a great option post roll. A friend who has had professional treatments has had it used and speaks highly of the results. Currently I am considering Environ products for post roll as these are intriguing and cutting edge for the technology of rolling.

I tend to use H.A. for a preroll product although I understand that a new rec from Dr. S is to use a baby saline solution (seems like it would be drying).
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
LizzieG wrote:
Thanks Russian sunshine - any recommendations from fawnie for post roll?

She makes serums specifically for post roll. I believe they are called DERMAL NEEDLING TRIO.

But, IMO, anything she creates can be used post-roll (except the colostrum cream).

From her website:

"We do not use aloe vera, paragons, silicones/dimethicone, heavy waxes, PEGs, carbomers, plastic microbeads, or other harmful ingredients in the serums and creams that you put on your precious skin. Our products are only tested on humans and no artificial colors or fragrances are used."
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |