Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Permanent makeup on lips - opinion regarding TCA peel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Pmd1964
5% products discount

Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I recently had permanent makeup done on my lips, mostly to replace fading and lost pigment rather than to replace the need for lipstick. It's only been 2.5 weeks and I've not gone in for my routine "touch up" yet, as that will be at 7 weeks.

I know that having peels or any exfoliation can fade these tattoos faster, but of course I'm not doing my lips anyway (although I did used to dermaroll them, I'm stopping).

My question is how far from the lips I should stay with the peels? (Jessner and 30% TCA). I know they spread under the skin some but would love opinions on how much? I always put Vaseline over my lips and try to get close due to my lip lines, but should I assume those lines are out of the question now?

Thanks for any opinions. Oh, and so far I'm loving my lips! I'd hate to do anything to fade them but I can't give up my peels.
cherallynne forcella
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:18 am      Reply with quote
I have had permanent lipliner for about 21 years and recently bought a kit and dyes and do it myself at home. My experience is that the dyes just don't last as long as they used to. They changed them about ten years ago - I don't know why but I think it had to do with the FDA or something.

I would keep the peel at least 1/8 inch away from your liner. I think the vaseline will probably help with the 'bleed', but I'd also recommend a stick (like a popsickle stick)which I'd used to protect the edges of the lips while you're doing the peel. You might want to call the technician who applied the liner to get her thoughts. As I said, I'm not a professional and can only give you my 'take' on it.

I did my eyeliner and also did my brows when I got my kit, but I've been having it done for 21 years by pros. I love my perm. cosmetics and will always have them. Once you get used to them, you just can't be without them, especially if you have a really good technician. I love getting up in the morning and having the definition to my face that is lacking without them.
Pmd1964
5% products discount

Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:23 am      Reply with quote
cherallynne forcella,

Thank you so much for your help. First off I had no idea there were kits to do this yourself! This is an avenue I will definitely check into. I'm glad I had it done by a pro this first time and if I do choose to do other areas of my face I'd also have her do those the first time, but I'm very interested in doing this myself for maintenance if possible. So good to know!

My only hesitation is the pain, lol. I derma roll my face and body and I manage with the topicals I can buy OTC, but I have the hardest time rolling my lips. The pain is excruciating even with the topical. This gal put some kind of topical on it that completely took away the pain. I'm not sure I can even get a hold of anything like that. What do you use? Soon as she applied it I could feel them going numb, and then she used something else she kept reapplying all through. I had no pain, just a light pinching feeling. I almost fell asleep! I know doing it myself would have to be more painful? I will put up with a lot of pain for beauty and money saved though.

Oh man yes, I am already loving my pink lips and although I had it done pretty much to bring me back to a color I had years ago (I'm now 50, and my lips have faded more than the average bears have), they are a little bit brighter than they used to be and I LOVE using only lip balm over them. I don't ever want to be without some color in my lips again! I'd love to do my brows and eyeliner, as I'm very fair with blonde hair (red at the moment but either way…), and I have no definition to my face without makeup. However, I'm planning a face lift and brow lift in a couple years so don't want to do anything to those areas yet.

Thank you so much for your suggestion of 1/8 inch from my lips. I'm going to go ahead and go with that because although the gal who did my lips did a beautiful job, she didn't seem to know a lot about peels so I'm hesitant to take her advice. I love the idea of the popsicle stick and I never would have thought of that! Will do that.

Oh, and I did read that the dyes don't last as long as they used to. That's a shame. She told me I should be able to get 5-7 years but with a touch up here and there. I've read online of people who still have color after 10-20 years, but those would be the older dyes. Sad

Thanks again! I think I'll go somewhere between 1/8- 1/4 inch from my lips and use the vaseline and popsicle stick. (yikes, sorry this is so long)
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Pmd, Although I have permanent makeup on my brows I "boost" the colour, which in my experience fades but not completely in less than a year. I use a type of henna paste that comes in a tube and smells very spicey. I am a redhead, and this is much better than brow pencil as you only need do it every couple of weeks.

I think this came from a South Asian store as it was given to me by an Indian friend. I believe that one can also get henna pens which would be even more accurate.

The procedure is to apply with a fine brush, then carefully put surgical tape on top to keep it moist, and let it sit a couple of hours.

I'm looking into the kit, too. Love DIY!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |