Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Dermapen – value?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
4myhealth

Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
My derma pen knock off should be delivered any minute now. I am anxious to get started but I'm confused as to what products to use before/after? I have HA and think I recall reading that you should keep the skin moist with HA during the process to aid in the gliding of the unit. Is this correct?

Also, I'm looking to correct my lip lines (ex-smoker, Sad ), as well as 11's and some wrinkling in the chin/mouth area in general. What length should I use? I believe the unit dials between .25 and 2.00.

I'm not ready to go super agressive and bloody my entire face - too scared at the moment. What is the minimum needle length I can use to achieve my desired results? Also, how often can I use the unit? And any guesstimations about how long until I start to see some improvement?

Thanks and sorry for so many questions. I am nervous about the process and want to make sure I get this right Smile
General Ripper

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:32 am      Reply with quote
Since HA solution is suggested to help with slippage, I was wondering what DIY recipes people are using? Is it just this one

Hyaluronic 1% Solution

Preparation:
To prepare 12 fluid ounces of 1% (by weight) Hyaluronic Acid solution, be aware it should only be dissolved in cold water. Never attempt to dissolve Hyaluronic Acid in hot or room temperature water. You will need the following items:

3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid Powder.
12 fluid ounces cold distilled water.
16 fluid ounce or larger capacity wide mouth glass or plastic water bottle with a tightly sealing lid.
Gram weight measuring scale with an accuracy of 0.01 gram and a capacity of 100 grams.
Pint sized glass or plastic measuring cup.
A wide-range cooking thermometer (that can go down to freezing)

Directions:
1. Measure out 12 fluid ounces distilled water and pour into water bottle.
2. Place in refrigerator for about 4 hours.
3. Measure the temperature of water to confirm water temperature is 39°F (4°C) or less.
4. Measure 3.56 grams Hyaluronic Acid powder (approximately two level teaspoons).
5. Add the Hyaluronic Acid powder into the water bottle on top of the cold water.
6. Seal the bottle lid tightly and shake the bottle a few times. The Hyaluronic Acid powder will not appear to dissolve but will clump together in floating white masses. This is normal.
7. Place the water bottle with the Hyaluronic Acid powder and cold water into the refrigerator (but do not freeze).
8. Periodically, about every two to four hours, shake the bottle and then place immediately back into refrigerator. After 4 to 8 hours you will notice that the Hyaluronic Acid clumps are turning clear and dispersing into solution. After 12 to 24 hours the Hyaluronic Acid will be completely dissolved forming a thickened and gelatinous liquid with a viscosity between maple syrup and honey, but still pourable. Yield: For internal use a level tablespoon will net approximately 150 milligrams Hyaluronic Acid

Or is there a different % people go for?
jeziel81

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

I found this forum very interesting. I wanted to ask if any of you have used the MyM in dark skin? Have you experienced any hyperpigmentation?

Thank you so much!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone own a iBeauty Pen from ibeautymachine? The one with a german motor.

http://www.ibeautymachine.com/motorized-micro-needle-system-12-needle-rechargeable.html

floridapoppy

Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I just joined today ..... you gals rock when it comes to information on derma pens, serums and techniques. I've been receiving dermapen treatments for the last 10 months and OMG the results are amazing. I have decided to purchase my own and am waiting for its arrival. The gal that does mine uses HA serum while needling and works great at being slippery. After she is finished she uses a peptide mask and leaves on for about 15 minutes. She then puts some kind of ointment on and I do not wash off until the next morning. I think I'm going for one more professional treatment to really pay attention to how she does it. Also I want to know how many needles she uses in her machine. The one I bought has 12 needles and am wondering if more needles result in better results.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Can you tell us which needling device you bought?)

floridapoppy wrote:
I just joined today ..... you gals rock when it comes to information on derma pens, serums and techniques. I've been receiving dermapen treatments for the last 10 months and OMG the results are amazing. I have decided to purchase my own and am waiting for its arrival. The gal that does mine uses HA serum while needling and works great at being slippery. After she is finished she uses a peptide mask and leaves on for about 15 minutes. She then puts some kind of ointment on and I do not wash off until the next morning. I think I'm going for one more professional treatment to really pay attention to how she does it. Also I want to know how many needles she uses in her machine. The one I bought has 12 needles and am wondering if more needles result in better results.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just found this on ebay. I think I'm going to buy it next payday, November 3.

I'm very happy with my skin after using Retin A for several months and doing my Ageless routine, but I still have the most awful lines on my lips. I have been hesitating because of the pain factor - I am SUCH a baby - but I'm tired of that little feeling of shock (Oh, no! When did this happen?) that I get when I catch my reflection in a mirror or shop window.

So...I will purchase this in a couple of weeks, along with some maximum strength numbing cream, and let y'all know how it works out.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micropen-Dermapen-Rejuvapen-Skinpen-Mesopen-/171465925776?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item27ec2a6490

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I bought the My-M and I like it MUCH better than the derma rollers. My experience has been similar to those described here. I got a much more thorough roll due to less pain and being able to get into every nook and cranny.

Does anyone know where to buy EMLA? I'm almost out and it appears that Owndoc no longer carries it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
Hi! I bought the My-M and I like it MUCH better than the derma rollers. My experience has been similar to those described here. I got a much more thorough roll due to less pain and being able to get into every nook and cranny.

Does anyone know where to buy EMLA? I'm almost out and it appears that Owndoc no longer carries it. Sad

If you have a prescription, RiteAid is only $10 or so. Other places are sky high. I found this generic, same thing as EMLA, 2.5% each prilocaine and lidocaine:

http://www.internationaldrugmart.com/lidocaine-prilocaine.shtml

I have never shopped there though. I would Google the name first for consumer reviews, to find out if they're bogus or shady.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:41 am      Reply with quote
Immacolata, thank you for the information. That site looked promising but had very bad reviews.

I ended up buying this:
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171640249300?nav=SEARCH

It's still risky, but I was able to use Paypal. To me there is a big difference in the numbing I get from Emla and what I get from 4% Lidicaine. I'll let you know if it's the real thing when I use it. The seller has more than one to sell. My next roll is at the beginning of Feb. If I get this in time, I'll post whether or not this is real Emla.

While I was searching, I found this.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/151545156641?nav=SEARCH
It has the same active ingredients as Emla. 😂

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
If you can get your doc to write a script, it's only $9 at Rite Aid. I don't know why this stuff is so expensive. Big Pharma makes me MAD!!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I thought about trying to get a script but there were two problems with it.
1) After my $25 co-pay, the price would be the same.
2) I can't imagine how that conversation would go. "Yes Dr. That's right. I need numbing cream so I can use a machine I bought off of the internet to poke needles all over my face." Lol

Yes, big pharma is awful!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 am      Reply with quote
My doctor was quite understanding. He even wrote the reason as "facial pain" and didn't say anything about cosmetic reasons, so insurance would pay for it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm, maybe it's worth a try.

Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know if this is the correct thread to put this in.

But there is a TV segment from KCAL-CBS with a plastic surgeon named Dr Bayati using an automated microneedling device in conjunction with the patient's own stem cells in an attempt to treat stretch marks.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

I am not allowed to link to external sites, but perhaps someone else could if they wish. The page with the video is on her own site.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:23 am      Reply with quote
General Ripper wrote:
I don't know if this is the correct thread to put this in.

But there is a TV segment from KCAL-CBS with a plastic surgeon named Dr Bayati using an automated microneedling device in conjunction with the patient's own stem cells in an attempt to treat stretch marks.

Anyone seen anything like this before?

I am not allowed to link to external sites, but perhaps someone else could if they wish. The page with the video is on her own site.

Here you go:

http://www.drbayati.com/in-the-media/dr-bayati-kcal-cbs-los-angeles-micropen-stretch-marks/

That Eclipse pen looks like the ebay knock-off I was going to order before I decided to get the Derminator.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I just watched the video. Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Seeing the pen made me wonder about something. Has anyone started with a My-M and upgraded to the ibeauty machine or one of the other more expensive models? I would be interested to know the differences and if you think the upgrade was worth it. I don't remember reading anything like that in this thread, but it's been a while since I read the whole thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Tonia wrote:
I just watched the video. Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Seeing the pen made me wonder about something. Has anyone started with a My-M and upgraded to the ibeauty machine or one of the other more expensive models? I would be interested to know the differences and if you think the upgrade was worth it. I don't remember reading anything like that in this thread, but it's been a while since I read the whole thing.

If you go to The Derminator thread, on the last page you will see a comparison by a member who had Dermapen treatments and bought a Derminator. I used to have a MyM , it's not even close to the Derminator . I love mine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Rmc7, thank you! That answered my questions. I am including the link here to make it easier for others who may be interested.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52151&start=50

Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Thanks for the comments, I appreciate them as I make up my mind... I might have to go to the Dermapen Facebook page to see if there are any updates...

I have a friend in Australia who is willing to have it shipped to her home, then she will re-ship to me.

After this transaction...maybe we can see about future shipments? I don't know. I am trying to make this as simple as it can be for all involved.

This is for the personal at home Dermapen, not the one used in medical offices - that one is over $1,000...which seems a little confusing to me because what makes the device increasingly effective (up to a point, no pun intended!) is the length of the needle, nothing I can think of associated with the unit itself - unless the professional unit "spins" or "punctures" faster than the personal unit...it's hard to get information from the company because they overwhelmingly wish to deal with skincare professionals only.

All that said, compared to rolling with a roller, it seems to me that anything that does the "puncturing" for me would be better - it's the self-mutilation aspect of rolling at home that bothers me most. Well that and the fact that it takes quite a bit of time. The numbing agent always wears off too quickly for me.
I am thinking this may save quite a bit of time. Because ostensibly, I could divide my face & neck into four parts - forehead, two sides of the face and neck, cover each with a numbing agent, place the thick plastic pieces over the four parts, wait, then remove them one at a time - wipe away the agent, then Dermapen each section quickly and be done with it - then jump in the shower and after, apply my topical vitamins...

Also, there is no risk of cross infection since I will not be sharing the needles, they are only going to be used by me.

Again, I appreciate any more thoughts on this...
To me, this seems like a more effective purchase than LED or Ultrasound, etc...

Thanks, BFG

Hi BFG! I know this post is old, but I am seeing it now as I am interested in buying a Dermapen unit. I saw you can get it cheaper from your friend in Australia...I'm wondering if I can order from your friend too?
zina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I used dermapen two times with 1mm needle for stretch marks on inner thighs.Am I the only one who got postinflammatory hyperpigmentation that lasted 4weeks?I waited 7weeks between needling..
Tonia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:42 am      Reply with quote
I finally bought a Derminator. Yes, I get terrible post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation from it. I used it 8 weeks ago and still have the hyper-pigmentation, so I'm not sure how long it lasts. I got the discoloration from the My-M too. I take steps to reduce inflammation after a roll, but the hyper-pigmentation is the same as if I didn't.

5% products discount

Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I am of West Indian extract and previously had three years severe issues with exegenous ochronosis - grey/ blue/ black darkening of the skin due to a sun tan lotion containing mercury. That was then much worsened by it mixing with my normal fade cream (for spots) AND subsequent nine month steroid creams damage which my doctor did not tell me to only use for a month! Basically, my face had four patches which looked terrible by the end of all that!!

Anyway, that's in the past as contrary to popular medical belief I cured my skin issues over two years (with v.v. light incidences of facial eczema and small hyperpigmentaion rebounds on eyes and mouth - about once every two years - as a steroid 'legacy').

Due to my past issues i held out on using the fade cream after I had a surprise bout of seriously itchy eyes (when on holiday abroad without my Elidel cream - an expensive non -steroidal, excellent anti- eczema cream). That's how i got the hyperpigmentation one morning a month later ...bad on my right eylid and underneath and mild on the left!

So here's my safest fixes!:

1) Apple cider vinegar placed on affected areas leave to dry over a few seconds.

2) Then aloe vera gel mixed with vitamin E oil from capsules (soothes, mosturises and helps shedding of damaged skin) rubbed in - leave to dry over a minute or two.

3) Then 'sensibly' dab on a mild fade cream (I use as Fade Out by Vivalis) to work on the darkened areas.

Anyway, everything i list above bar the fade cream reduced the issue by about 20% over six months (not good enough). Using Fade Out very liberally - keeping a careful eye for any of my 'particular' E/O issues - i reduced my 'P-IHP' by 50% in just 2 1/2 weeks.

You can guess i'm really pleased. I'm currently testing Elave (Ireland - pure dry skin / eczema mosisturiser ) and E45 Intensive recovery for very dry skin - to see which one not only moisturises VERY slightly dry looking skin brilliantly (they both do) but which one heals the mild eczema 'hangover' the best!

Hope this helps, folks as i wouldn't look to recommend anything with major side effects or amounts of aggressive ingredients. No point keeping this all to myself as i would have killed for this info 7 years ago!
Pshah52

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, ignore
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I got a knockoff (I assume, as it was cheap) My-M from rosabeautystore on ebay.

Naturally I want to make sure I am cautious before letting this near my skin. In this video here https://youtu.be/Wlc2bDdCB2Y?t=35 (at 0:35) you can clearly see that the needle moves back and forth, no matter what the speed.

The one I have, unless it's too fast for me to see clearly, appears to simply vibrate at every speed.

Is it faulty?

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |