Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

0.2 Dermaroller - scratches the skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Poll :: do you feel the same - 0.2 roller scratches the skin

0.2 roller fault
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
search of a better product
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

MeMeredith

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm here today to express my concern with a 0.2 dermaroller and its function. I have bought 3 0.2 dermarollers, one from ebay (big no no) another one from a reputable seller and I was given one (again from a reputable seller.) The latter one I was given was made in Korea which had all the proper approval to use for person and professional use. It is today that I share with you my absolute concern that the 0.2 roller and its needls are too short/shallow for it to be used on many rollers. When I first began rolling with a 0.2 roller I felt it was scratching my skin. After several uses I thought I would roll it against a putty like substance that resembled my skin - blue tac, (to test it) and to my horror I saw what my instincts were telling me, the raised ridges between the needles and the raised ridge where the barrel was connected to the handle was scratching my skin. I want someone on here to do the same - get some new blue tack, a mew strip, peel off the protective wrap and roll your 0.2 roller against it to the pressure as you would your skin, tell me if you see these raised ridges as well as needles on the blue tac. What I am saying is the needles are the same length as the platform that the needles are placed into, the plastic layer, the plastic bed where the needles are placed. These ridges between the needles that hold the needles in place ridge up slightly to the height of the needles therefore scratching your skin. The edge of the barrel that connects to the handle is raised to the length of the needles as well and this also scratches the skin (even worse when rolling on an angle). I know I sound as tho I am repeating myself but it is hard to explain this. I would love to hear someone share with me this discovery and I am wondering if someone else has noticed this. I am wondering if someone has tested for themselves as I have running their 0.2 along flat/smooth putty or something like that to see for themselves this fault that many 0.2 rollers have. I have ordered a 0.25 from Dr Roller and I will be looking very closely at this to see if the needles are longer than the base that they are placed in.
MeMeredith

Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just to add, there would be lines as well as needle marks imprinted when rolling on blue tac - check this out if you roll with a 0.2
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Your post is very hard to follow. A detailed picture(s) of your roller would help us understand better.
MeMeredith

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, when I began rolling with a 0.2 it was not only the needles I felt against my skin, I felt the whole roller scratching my skin. The needles are too short , they are at the same height as the plastic roller that encases them. I can not post a picture as it wouldnt show - the example with the blu tac is too fine. Possibly you would like to try to roll a 0.2 against a new (unused) strip of blue tac and see that the needles are not the only thing that appears on the tac , lines appear as well between the needle marks, also there are lines on either side of the roller.
I have just bought a 0.25 Dr Roller and I am finding that the needles are the only part of the roller that make contact to my skin thus penetrating my skin only.
It is hard to explain and I am sorry about that.
MeMeredith

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Ive looked at two of my 0.2 rollers and Ive looked at my 0.25 Dr Roller and in my opinion if you're going to roll with shallow needles it might be best to not go shorter that 0.25 and to use a good quality roller (one where the edges of the roller are curved downwards) I just noticed when I first began rolling that the whole roller was scratching my skin and since I've been using the 0.25 I have found it is working better for me.
Pandax12
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi....I know the price is a joke but I've bought almost all my rollers from ebay and never had an issue with them. Shipping is slow from China but at that price who's complaining. The only bad roller I ever bought was one from owndoc.com
Others I bought from her were fine.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Top-Grade-Brand-New-Skin-Care-Beauty-Derma-2-0mm-Microneedle-Face-Skin-Roller-/350939099712?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item51b599b240
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I really love rollers from dermaresolution. Much better than the others I have tried (ebay, owndoc, etc.)
MeMeredith

Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
yes, many good ones and many baddies, but from now on I'm only going to roll with a 0.25 and no less. I found the needles need to be long enough than the surface they are impregnated into so the plastic roller as well as the needles dont scratch your skin.
I felt the needles in the Dr Roller 0.25 nicer/smoother to use with more of a professional feel. It was a nice feeling to know that the needles were penetrating my skin and that the roller itself wasnt scratching my skin.
I rolled last night with my new 0.25, I then moisturised and today my skin feels amazing, the recovery is much better and peace of mind knowing that my skin got a good needling and not scratched from the roller.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |