Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Comparing Flex Effect vs LouLou's Ageless Facial Exercises
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 20, 2013 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Iris423 wrote:
Hi Nonie,
the link you've sent for Loulou is invalid...can you send me another link for her?
Tried emailing Steve and up to now no one got in contact with me. Is Loulou's program out of print or out of the market?
hugs
lila

Hi Iris423, below is a link to a thread in which Loulou posted. She uses the handle otherloulou and her post should be the first one that shows up. If you look below her name to the left, you will see a little icon with "PM" (which stands for private message) written beside it. If you click on that it opens a window for you to send her a private message. That's the link I tried to give you before but perhaps you have to click on it yourself.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=3018

Hope that helps.

BTW, that is how to send private messages to anyone on the forum. You click on PM below their names. Wink

Just wanted to add, I don't know if you saw the post with Steve's email address. He is a trainer for the Ageless program and might be able to help. Here's what Chiqui65 wrote previously in case you missed it:

Chiqui65 wrote:
Iris423 wrote:
Does anyone have loulou' program for sale here?
Tried getting it from her website but it is not downloading!
Can anyone help me to get hold of this program?
Any help is appreciated.
Lila

You could also mail to Steve:

steve.royce@agelessifyoudare.org

He was the one who sent me the download link when I bought the program in March. It does not download directly, you have to pay first, then they send you the link
Iris423

Tue May 21, 2013 6:07 am      Reply with quote
HI,
I have tried emailing him and up to now no reply.
I have located Louise toda and she is sending me the link to her shop,yeahhh!
thank you kindly for your help!
hugs
lila
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Brand new to facial exercises, having only done a few that I found online and they've helped, so I want to take the next step and start an actual program. I ordered Ageless already, but am also wondering if I want to order Flex Effect as well, as I've read that it has some bone strengthening exercises included. Can someone please verify this?

I've read this entire thread as well as quite a bit elsewhere on EDS regarding these two programs. Can someone please let me know does the Ageless program have anything that addresses the bones of the face? Or - is it assumed that by strengthening the muscles, this helps to build bone?

I exercise regularly including weight training for the body. I eat well and do everything else necessary for bone, but I'm concerned about the facial bone loss that happens with aging, particularly during menopause which I am in the middle of. If I can save any more decline, or better yet reverse any loss I'd be thrilled.

I appreciate any help and realize it's been over a year since anyone's posted to this thread.
Marie-Andree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
For improving bone density plus firming up the muscles, I do Carolyn's Face Firmer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWuOPtu4UUQ&list=PLW_MqSYUyF7kVWJLhNQiOdARhnKD1c69C&index=2
Since my natural tendancy is to modify everything, I follow her basic technique of contracting the targetted muscle and pressing firmly with the heels of my hands for 10 seconds.
You're staying in ONE place for 10 seconds.
I go all over the face, crows feet, everything. For the neck, I lie down and lift my head slightly to contract the neck.
You really feel the muscles when you're done. And of course, I modify my own modifications.
PaigeD64
5% products discount

Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
LOL at modifying your own modifications! Love it.

Thank you so much Marie-Andree. I really appreciate your help. I just watched the video and am going to do this right now, and I'm definitely following your tips.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:27 am      Reply with quote
FlexEffect does have bone strengthening exercises and also a technique for the skin that supposed to help it remodel and become stronger. It’s a lot more of a workout in comparison to ageless meaning that it takes a lot longer to learn and do, but I think its actually worthwhile doing it.

I don’t think Loulou developed anything specifically for bone, but having said that she’s not at that age really where she would be dealing with bone diminishment etc.

PaigeD64 wrote:
Brand new to facial exercises, having only done a few that I found online and they've helped, so I want to take the next step and start an actual program. I ordered Ageless already, but am also wondering if I want to order Flex Effect as well, as I've read that it has some bone strengthening exercises included. Can someone please verify this?

I've read this entire thread as well as quite a bit elsewhere on EDS regarding these two programs. Can someone please let me know does the Ageless program have anything that addresses the bones of the face? Or - is it assumed that by strengthening the muscles, this helps to build bone?

I exercise regularly including weight training for the body. I eat well and do everything else necessary for bone, but I'm concerned about the facial bone loss that happens with aging, particularly during menopause which I am in the middle of. If I can save any more decline, or better yet reverse any loss I'd be thrilled.

I appreciate any help and realize it's been over a year since anyone's posted to this thread.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:12 am      Reply with quote
In terms of bone strengthening exercises, FlexEffect is the only program that has exercises specifically developed for strengthening and building bone. There are two types of bone exercises: jolting and pressure reps. They target the bone in different ways.

The difference between FlexEffect and Ageless is terms of bone exercises is the difference between a car (FlexEffect) and a bike (Ageless); that is, the difference is huge and one of them is going to be far more effective. FWIW, I've been really happy with the bone exercises. I know I'm only in my thirties, but I feel that I have benefitted greatly from the bone exercises. My bones definitely are stronger (less give when I push on them) and my upper cheeks look better. Then again, I might be seeing more results on this because I had a vitamin D deficiency in my twenties and I probably lost some bone strength and a little more bone mass than I should have, relative to my peers.

My personal opinion is once you lose bone in the face, it's hard to look young again, as the bone provides the fundamental structure to the face, on which muscle grows.

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree. It's also the case with volume. Once volume is lost in the face, the face looks much older and it too is difficult to replace. Are there any programs out there that can actually replace lost volume? Esp in the cheek or mouth areas?
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, from louiseannette aka Loulou. I'm the author of the Ageless books.

The Ageless 3rd edition does have exercises for bone, and some purely for flesh/skin.

Deb Crowley, the creator of Flexeffect and I differ in our emphasis. I hope deb will forgive me for speaking for her when I say she regards Ageless as a useful programme when people don't have time to do the full Flexeffect training programme. I think people should do the Flexeffect programme occasionally in order to give the face an extra boost! But the main issue is that Deb and I respect and understand each other's programme. You will be well served by either Smile xxx

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Sorry; just want to say people haven't lost volume, it's just relocated at the bottom of the face. Proper facial exercise uses the cheek/lip muscles to lift the flesh clear of the jawbone, and also draw up the fallen cheeks that gathered in your lower face.

Loss of volume is a minor factor, just as loss of volume in the limbs or torso, it only takes a little work to maintain it. The change from facial exercise is that the flesh moves back up and reverses the downward-inward shift that flattened the cheeks, gave you swags of flesh nose-mouth and filled out the lower face like a man's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
That's cool that there's bone stuff in Ageless now!!!

As an aside, I have to politely Smile disagree here and say that I don't think that the loss of volume is universally a minor factor.

Dr. Obagi in fact once classified people as

(1) Those who have a lot of sagging but minimal loss of volume (like Loulou)
(2) Those who have a lot of volume loss but minimal sagging (like me Smile
(3) Those who are inbetween OR have both issues

I agree with Dr. Obagi: I think the major factors are individual. And it also makes sense that volume loss can be a major issue for many people who are aging, but also that it is a minor issue for many people as well.

After all, the whole reason volumetric face lifts were introduced was because moving the flesh back into place wasn't enough to restore the look of youth in many people, as there was still reduced volume in the face.

Here's a scientific article on volume loss: http://www.lipostructure.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/AGING-2006.pdf

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Otherloulou, are you saying that Ageless can help with unpleasantries of the face such as the dreaded marionette lines. Or corner of mouth to chin lines. I have some lost volume in this area and have tried a few programs and nothing has helped. Any suggestions?
JenS
5% products discount

Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how I get my download!! I just purchased this Ageless if you dare!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:18 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:

The Ageless 3rd edition does have exercises for bone, and some purely for flesh/skin.

Deb Crowley, the creator of Flexeffect and I differ in our emphasis. I hope deb will forgive me for speaking for her when I say she regards Ageless as a useful programme when people don't have time to do the full Flexeffect training programme. I think people should do the Flexeffect programme occasionally in order to give the face an extra boost! But the main issue is that Deb and I respect and understand each other's programme. You will be well served by either Smile xxx

Hi everyone - I rarely take the time to read or post these days but recently looked in the mirror and decided the time has come to make some changes.

I've used CACI a lot and have a slendertone face unit which I don't use, and I use Environ AST5 but I decided to book a session with Nichola Joss (UK) and talk to her about my face and cosmetic surgery.

She said she would advise surgery where she thinks it would help and that I'm not there yet. Re CACI... whilst CACI tones muscles it doesn't address the stress in the muscles which can keep it in poor condition and stuck down in the wrong places. Re environ... give it a rest for 6 months and switch to CE Ferulic. Re the facial itself... she does a release technique from inside the mouth - it's painful! - but my face lifted from one side to the other like nothing I've seen before (whilst i was lying down). We were both giggling I looked like a munchkin one cheek was so lifted! I took my own before and afters in the lift and I have to say, my perception of a really lifted face came crashing back down again because i couldn't see much of a difference - but let's see what a few sessions and 6 months homework brings. I'm 46.

My programme at the moment is...

Morning...
- Cleanse. Environ Cleansing Gel + Clarisonic
- Moisturise. SkinCeuitcals Daily Moisture
- Protect. Vitage Skin Defence SPF30

Evening...
- Cleanse. ESPA Cleansing Balm with hot face flannel
- Serum. CE Ferulic.
- Exercise. Slendertone 20mins programme.

Bedtime...
- Massage. Sanctuary Spa Therapists Oil (not so sure about this...) mixed in with Elemis Pro-Intense Lift Effect Super Serum (1.5ml vials)
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty-hair/a24331/facial-massage-step-by-step/

I sneak in a little Environ C-Boost sometimes as I love it. I'm using up the Elemis but not a fan.

Question Grateful for any feedback and comments on the above. I'd like a better facial oil for massage.

Question I wonder... should I add in the facial exercises just after the slendertone or before bed do you think?

Idea @Otherloulou and @Deb Crowley, I've just ordered Flex Effect and once Ageless website is up and running, I'll order latest edition of that as well. I'm looking forward to startling small and getting into a habit of incorporating these into my routine.

I read a great [reposted] post from Toby where she talks about both programs having value. I'm also keep to support those who are so passionate about developing and moving forwards independently to what the beauty industry would have us believe.

I'll keep you posted and come back with any questions as people here are such a great resource!
snookydoops
5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:30 am      Reply with quote
snookydoops wrote:
...and once Ageless website is up and running, I'll order latest edition of that as well. I'm looking forward to startling small and getting into a habit of incorporating these into my routine.

LouLou's site is back up again. And looking good!

http://www.agelessifyoudare.org
essentialdayspabro
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Am i correct to say that ageless makes your face thinner while Flex Effect makes it thicker/ more muscular?
snookydoops
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:08 am      Reply with quote
essentialdayspabro wrote:
Am i correct to say that ageless makes your face thinner while Flex Effect makes it thicker/ more muscular?

Ageless concentrates more on lifting the cheeks which lifts everything else up a bit with them. FE also works the cheeks but also exercises the muscles which can build a wider jaw.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:12 am      Reply with quote
FlexEffect works all the muscles in the face, including some (just my opinion) that you may not want to work or that get big quickly. Now Ageless does work a lot of the major muscles, but Loulou is also against working some muscles like the frontalis for example its an every other day exercise from memory.

I don't think you could say either one makes your face thinner or thicker as that depends on the person doing the exercises.
Kkg

Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum and thank you all for your posts - so informative! I was a Flexeffecter for about a year 9 years ago and then life happened- death, divorce, career change, marriage and step kids! Wow. I tried the filler route because it seemed easier than all the work but now would like to get back to a natural face. The fillers look good I think but the maintenance is huge! And expensive. I've been considering having a face lift in a few years but that seems scary and expensive too. My question is can I start the exercises while I have this restylane in my face? I have some under eyes which was filled 4 was ago and she put a drop in cheek and the little pouches on side of mouth and chin. I hear the exercise could make the filler disappear faster which I am not as worried about - more concern that I could move the filler somehow and look weird? I also get Botox once a year between my eyebrows and had some last week but none in my forehead or anywhere else. What do you all say?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi there

Well there is a lot of different ideas out there, but like you I’m a flexeffecter too and have been for about a year longer than you. I was never brave enough to go down the filler route. Yet I have read many times that people with fillers who do exercises (not just flexeffect) see to all say that the fillers disappear faster. I’m aware of this happening with a few programs so just figure it worth saying that its quite a common theme you will find. With the botox I don’t see why that will make a difference other than simply not being able to do the exercise but then the botox itself should sort that area so there isn’t a need to do it.

Tessie
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi can anyone tell me where i can buy the ageless if you dare programme i cant find it anywhere .Im in the uk thanks x
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Loulou posted this on her forum on the FlexEffect forum:

We put the dvd on eBay or you can order a dvd download from my colleague steve( sroyce65@yahoo.com)

I think Steve is UK based too and so if you email him he should be able to tell you how to purchase.

marcia36 wrote:
Hi can anyone tell me where i can buy the ageless if you dare programme i cant find it anywhere .Im in the uk thanks x
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thank you
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |