Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

**warning to those who are considering face exercises**
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nonie aka AD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaCats wrote:
Hi Nonie, thanks. Actually Carolyn contacted me out of the blue when I posted on EDS. Prior to that I got the impression that she was thinking it was only in my mind, despite the fact I had photographs to show the changes. Everyone else I showed the photos to noticed the differences straight away so I knew it wasn’t in my mind, but yep that was annoying. She did share some new exercisese with me, but they were very difficult to understand and were non-resistance based which I do think is better for younger people without problems.

Your last line, TheresaCats, has been my sentiment for years. I have even shared it ad nauseum on this forum. In fact, my feeling goes even further and is that I believe no-resistance exercising should be everyone's intro to face exercises and then resistance can be added later. My reason for feeling this way is it was how I started and it worked for me. Eva's program which I believe hasn't given people uglies starts off without resistance, then you add it on later. And she is a good testament of that. In other words you create a foundation first and then add resistance to skin that has had some "training".

A lot of face exercise programs have the trainers as their icon because they look good and if you look at the history of all of them, they started off without resistance and then added it as they developed their programs. That, IMO, is why they had such great results. They did not start pulling on their skin until they had first added some tone to it so it could stand the stretching and pulling.

The dosha theory Aprile brings up is very interesting and may explain why there are some who don't follow my "start easy" suggestion and still have good results. I believe diet also plays a role when talking about doshas. One dosha's food is another dosha's poison. http://ayurveda-foryou.com/treat/doshadiet.html
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresamary, Sure everyone can benefit from an open and honest communication about their experiences! I too am happy to hear what others have to say and appreciate their openness. Personally, I had a very good experience for many years with facial exercise. However, now that I am older and my skin is thinner and I have less fat in my face, I feel that the exercises made my face appear more gaunt. No matter what I did...or how much I tried to fine tune things, nothing seemed to work. I have noticed that since I have started using microcurrent, my face appears to look a bit fuller. My skin also looks clearer....I had some milia that would never go away, and my pores also appear a little smaller. All good things. However, this might not be the same issues that others are dealing with -- they might be dealing with excess sagging, under-eye bags, drooping eyelids, etc. Now I want to add that I did not jump right into microcurrent full force and eliminate facial exercise entirely. In fact, the first month I still continued to exercise every day, just not twice a day anymore. Then I gradually decreased the number of days I exercised. Now I exercise as needed....carefully watching my face to make sure it doesn't look gaunt. Btw, I do think the two can be successfully combined if you carefully monitor your face. But, for those who do not want to exercise the face, microcurrent alone is a beautiful alternative especially foro those who do not have a lot of sagging. Also layering treatments like one of the EDS members, PQ, recommends can produce even better results. Again, I believe its always important to closely monitor things so that you don't overdo anything (like over exfoliation, etc.) For the record, I started using microcurrent around the holidays so it hasn't even been that long. Maybe it's working because I have a good foundation laid by the facial exercise...Idk!!! I really don't have a complete understanding of how it actually works, I am just happy to have it as an alternative/adjunct. I hope to continue to see improvements over time and am still forever grateful for having utilized facial exercise as my sole way of staying younger looking for many years. Best, Aprile Smile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile

Sorry but got to play devils advocate here. I know you are against pulling/stretching the skin of any sorts, so just wondered if you think that maybe that’s the reason why the facial exercises you were doing were no longer producing the results they once did? I mean I know I started out later than you did (in my 50’s) after sudden weight loss and so my face needed all the help it can get (still does) but to me the pulling/stretching thing kind of makes sense that it helps the body to do things. Also when I look at those who do pull their faces etc Tonya Zavastro for example, its clear to me that she hasn’t suffered any damage (and I believe Tonya also started later too). Her diet is of course incredible but just saying food for thought.

I think your approach is sensible and am thankful that you are sharing it as I believe others will benefit from it. I’m not yet doing microcurrent. Being UK based, all the good devices are either in the US or amazingly expensive and I just don’t have the funds – but one day I will! ;0)

Tessie
hawaiigirlnola
5% products discount

Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Nonie,
Thanks for your wealth of information!

I know this is an old thread, but I wondered how you felt about combining accupressure with FE?

I have had good results with fe in the past but just have fallen off the wagon. I stumbled across acupressure - "facelift-without-surgery.biz" and started that program along with Lou Lou's. The acupressure program says to not incorporate anything isometric with the acupressure, but the acupressure seems to not be as strenuous of a routine and I had to lose ground from the amount of time I out in getting back to FE. Of course,I looking for the quickest results. Smile Any thoughts on this??

It seems like they would be a good compliment and I could do them both, but I would be bummed out it if they cancelled each other out. What have been your experiences with acupressure and how were the results? Should I just do the acupressure OR FE? Also, I have CFF too, just hadn't really looked at it yet. I have enjoyed the 5 min program from Lou Lou along with the 20 min (1min per acupressure point) Acupressure routine.

Thanks again for all your contributions!

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi Every one,

I am Anne Cosse, the author libelled in this thread.

Please do your research before accusing any one. The website facialexercisecentral does not belong to me. My guess is that it belongs to a Clickbank affiliate, who decided to sell my book (when it was available on Clickbank), and made her own website to promote it.

My only website, the official one, is faceliftaunaturel dot com. You can check that there are no such pictures on it.

If anyone would like to report the fraudulent website facialexercisecentral, please go ahead and contact Godaddy, where it is hosted, or James Smith, the registrar. Other useful info about that website can be found on whois.domaintools dot com

I suppose there is also a way to report defamatory statements on the Internet, such as this thread?

Thanks for stopping spreading that disinformation about me.
Mynona

Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Carole Maggio has A LOT of these pics in her FB-site. Every before/after-pic is to be find at sites for botox or surgery, or are from suspect sites. Some of the pics in the first post in this thread is found at her FB-site, from this year (actually I found this thread by pic searching one of them, and I decided to register since it bothers me a lot that people get scammed).
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:13 am      Reply with quote
That's really odd and when I look at her website and FB-site I don't see the photos you are talking about which are on other sites so suspect that it may be either a mistake or something else but Carole is usually very good about these things and not using photos that aren't Facercise ones in my opinion.

However, as this thread proves - you can't always believe what you see on websites as being attributable to the program creators - they are clearly not (and thank Anne for coming here and setting us all straight!).
Mynona wrote:
Carole Maggio has A LOT of these pics in her FB-site. Every before/after-pic is to be find at sites for botox or surgery, or are from suspect sites. Some of the pics in the first post in this thread is found at her FB-site, from this year (actually I found this thread by pic searching one of them, and I decided to register since it bothers me a lot that people get scammed).
tompet
5% products discount

Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
This thread is scary, how do we know which results to believe if they are falsified? As for the faceliftaunaturel.com website, I found a screenshot from 2011 and it definitely displayed the photos which were referred to on page 1. http://www.screenshots.com/faceliftaunaturel.com/2011-12-14
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:18 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest that you read without believing everything you read Tompet. Its not that the results are falsified but some websites are using images without the program creators knowledge (as faceliftaunaturel has proven already). The author isn’t in any way associated with that website, and received quite a bashing for it – when it was nothing to do with her. However, the same could be said for anything out there – it really depends on whether you need to rely purely on photographic evidence – or want to ask around.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,

Sorry, my replies are way overdue, but here's my response to the general concern. I know it's quite long but it would be great if you could read it all

There's still such a poor understanding of the face that in 2015, people are still being told they can damage their faces with facial exercise. My programme is Ageless if you Dare. I could have chosen to write a little piddly exercise programme that demanded nothing of the facial muscles since facial training gets such a scary press but I wrote Ageless because it's the most effective and quick program I could devise . I see daily that it lifts and rejuvenates the face, and I know from experience that there's no possibility of permanent damage.

If you stop doing it everything will sag again, as surely as a limb loses its muscle if you don't exercise it. The mistake many people make is to think that after-effects of the exercises are permanent. They're not, just as your body doesn't remain achy forever after training A facial muscle can look tired after training but it rebuilds itself over a short period, and that's when you see a stronger, better-looking facial structure. It's like the 80s fear that building any body muscle at all would make women look like men and that the muscle would turn into fat if you stopped training.

No media is going to enlighten people about exercising the face? Our sources of beauty education, the beauty counter and magazines would prefer it to go away, because it's much much more effective than any product on sale and puts their ranges into perspective.

I'm going to post the first chapter of my book on my website for anyone who would like a fuller explanation.

Happy Christmas!

Loulou xx

Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I'm no expert when it comes to face exercises but I've been doing it for a month now, thanks to my friend's recommendation to check out Facercise and follow their tips and guidelines. So far, the results have been great!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |