Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial detox massage videos, decided to share.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
simpleMD
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
like i said the jaw looks firm n double chin does too....so sm thinking its working Smile

Acne-prone skin ,Olive Complexion, using Derma pen ( MYM) ,Used LS & STOP,Got POSE and never used it.. Also got TRIA never used it...Microcurrent Tx and added Facial Detox massage and CP serum so far its pretty good
arunmathew

Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Dear All,

I been practicing this technique since 3 weeks and main difference everyone notices on my face, it became blotted up. Friends seriously started to tell me that,i am getting older. According to Master Tiong, its the initial resistivity of the skin and it will disappear gradually. I just wanted to know, that anyone else had the same experiences, when they started to use the technique. My face became ,dark, plumby, sagging and blotted.
Any idea how long our face will take to adjust with this technique?
jasminerosey 1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:45 am      Reply with quote
are you following the master's 3 step system for getting to the intense phase of his program (it's outlined somewhere in the first few pages of this thread).

For one thing he's saying to perform the detox massage 2 days and take one day off.

and as a beginner he asks us to do the massage lying down with only the natural weight of gravity in our hand to do the massage..no added pressure at first..

also the number of 'passes' is less per unit of time in the beginning stage then in the 2nd and 3rd phase.

if you have already been doing this.... i would stop the masage until your face is normalized... and then begin again... spending more time in each phase..perhaps also giving yourself more 'rest' days then the master suggests.

if you have not been following his 3 step gradual program then still allow your face to normalize... and then begin to follow his directions.
newera
5% products discount

Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
A question for Master Tiong. Is there any reason why a person couldn't use the front of the hands instead of the back? Would seem to be more convenient - but maybe there's a danger of the pressure being too great.
jasminerosey 1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
rubbing with the back of the hand gives much more pressure than the rubbing with the front does...experiment For yourself!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I beg to differ here, as I can get much more pressure with the front of my hands than I can with the back, plus I can bend them to cover a greater area, so I'm also interested in what Master Tiong has to say. I do see it stimulating the back of the hands, but I know for me personally I've switched to the front for a few areas but its always nice to hear from program creator after all.
jasminerosey 1 wrote:
rubbing with the back of the hand gives much more pressure than the rubbing with the front does...experiment For yourself!
facialdetox
5% products discount

Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
The back of the hand give you more pressure and biomechanics / body movement is more suitable for the shoulder muscle. The most important thing is to always relax the shoulder and neck muscle at all time. (3 minutes / 5 minutes / 10 minutes routine)
however you can also use the palm of the hand if you like . there is no right or wrong as long as your neck and shoulder muscle is relax when doing the massage.
I personally combine the two
for neck - palm (it is very uncomfortable to try using the back of your hand)
for chin and jaw - back of hand
for cheek, forehead, eyes & mouth - back of hand (need to use the knuckle part of the hand to get right into all the muscle)
Using the back of the hand you can press the other hand on top of the palm and become the double hand technique.
for the most advance stage - use the double hand technique to practice the (3,5 &10 minutes routine)
The ultimate GOAL is to TIGHTEN the skin and FIRM the muscle.
Result NATURAL FACELIFT

5% products discount

Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
i just tried this technique and it seems that contracting the muscles before rubbing would be more beneficial than just rubbing over a relaxed face, because you also get a kind of a resistance facial exercise workout that way, not just a massage. My face feels really invigorated after i rub/massage it with muscle contraction, it's like i get both a massage and a muscle workout at the same time that way.

It feels more "right" that way, too (contracting first), at least to me, because i don't stretch my skin when i contract the muscles first (the skin is "anchored" in place when the muscles underneath are contracted).

And also, i have a bad personal experience with any massage technique that doesn't require one to contract the muscles (Tanaka and similar) where i always get slack skin no matter how light a hand i use (even if the immediate results are good, within hours of performing any massage over a relaxed face always results in some obvious slacking for me, i notice it especially in my nasolabial folds first).

What are your thoughts/experiences with that for those who've been doing this technique?
denisedh

Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for this great introduction to facial massage (self) techniques. I have never done it and am going to start as a result of reading this thread. I'm sure I will refer to the you tubes for visual examples also. I have sensitive but good skin and look forward to adding this to my routine! Very Happy

5% products discount

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:11 am      Reply with quote
Yelena_K wrote:
i just tried this technique and it seems that contracting the muscles before rubbing would be more beneficial than just rubbing over a relaxed face, because you also get a kind of a resistance facial exercise workout that way, not just a massage. My face feels really invigorated after i rub/massage it with muscle contraction, it's like i get both a massage and a muscle workout at the same time that way.

It feels more "right" that way, too (contracting first), at least to me, because i don't stretch my skin when i contract the muscles first (the skin is "anchored" in place when the muscles underneath are contracted).

And also, i have a bad personal experience with any massage technique that doesn't require one to contract the muscles (Tanaka and similar) where i always get slack skin no matter how light a hand i use (even if the immediate results are good, within hours of performing any massage over a relaxed face always results in some obvious slacking for me, i notice it especially in my nasolabial folds first).

What are your thoughts/experiences with that for those who've been doing this technique?

Like you, I find it more logical to contract the muscles before rubbing the skin. That's what I've got used to as a user of Carolyn's Facial Fitness. I wonder what Master Tiong's opinion is as pertaining to his Facial Detox technique. Perhaps he'll see this and let us know.
facialdetox
5% products discount

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:28 am      Reply with quote
When receiving a full body massage, ones need to relax the muscle not contracting the muscle.
Therefore when applying Facial Detox Technique you need to relax the facial muscle to achieve best result.
go to the link below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QFuH9fmlg&list=UU_8tJbL_Srt4xbQkcPNaTXA

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Could people share the results they've obtained by doing the Facial Detox program? Has it worked for anyone? Would love to hear your comments!
bob44
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Edited
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Huhh? What does Edited mean Bob?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Do you think the person then who recommends to contract the muscles is wrong then? Carolyn explains on her website:

"Remember, one of the secrets of the CFF system is that you are sliding over the skin while the muscle is in contraction. You are NOT stretching the skin, you are sliding OVER the skin, toning the muscles in the process. How does this work, you may ask? The muscles of the face are connected one end to bone and the other end directly into the skin or another muscle. This configuration allows us to show facial expression. Therefore, as you tone the muscles in the face, the skin lifts up with the tighter, smoother, toned muscle. As well, as the muscle tones and smoothes out, the wrinkles also become less deep. As a note, the muscles in the rest of the body are mostly connected bone to bone and the skin and connective tissue slide "over" the muscles."

Link to site: http://www.carolynsfacialfitness.com/why-do-we-have-to-contract-the-muscles-before-we-slide-across-the-skin-and-what-about-the-forehead

facialdetox wrote:
When receiving a full body massage, ones need to relax the muscle not contracting the muscle.
Therefore when applying Facial Detox Technique you need to relax the facial muscle to achieve best result.
go to the link below
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5QFuH9fmlg&list=UU_8tJbL_Srt4xbQkcPNaTXA
Ollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Theresamary, I don't understand?? So, are you saying we should be contracting the muscle when doing facialdetox?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
That is what I'm asking for clarity with - I mean Carolyn knows her stuff and researches well and I can't see her saying something incorrect so am asking Master why he suggests to relax rather than contract.
Ollie wrote:
Theresamary, I don't understand?? So, are you saying we should be contracting the muscle when doing facialdetox?
tasha92337
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Is the facial detox the same as Gua Sha therapy?

5% products discount

Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Facial Detox and Gua Sha belong to the Same family
Removing Toxins in the muscle is the goal.
Facial Detox Technique originated from Muscle Detox Technique
go to the link below to get more infos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jRwBS4VDf0
website -www.wuchu.org
youtube channel - bamboohealer
Both Facial Detox and Muscle Detox Technique goal is to achieve healthy, firm and relax muscle by eliminating toxins embedded in the muscle.
To achieve the end result, the muscle need to be relax and fully stretch during treatment / detox

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
wow thank you!!!

I've had better results doing the gua sha therapy using a cold spoon once far as lifting and firming results than facial exercise. I can SEE the results.

Do you have any advice for lifting the outer eyebrow arch around the temples and the upper/lower lip area around the mouth? those are my two difficult areas and trying to avoid paying big bucks for a micro current device , but im willing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi facialdetox, do you recommend a certain diet to enhance the facial detox massage?

I would use the spoon and do the gua sha therapy and follow up with a massage every two days. After each treatment/massage I would drink warm water. Is that correct?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. Just followed along with the exercises on a couple of the Facial Detox YouTube videos and my face feels great! Really warm and "awake" if that makes any sense.

Has anyone kept up with this program? Any good results to report? Seems almost too easy ... like one of those "too good to be true" kind of things. Laughing

But I'd sure love to have a jaw line like Eva's!
nycatlover
5% products discount

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Just curious is anyone can share their results if they have been doing it for a while. Thank you
Tiptoedancer
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very sorry, and I hate to say it, but I think he looks older in 2011, not younger. Also, here again, the before and after photos are taken in completely different lighting. Also Asian faces don't have the deep, edgy planes of the face and larger noses that caucasians have so it's difficult to access how this would work on a different type of bone structure.

Call me crazy but I think pulling skin and muscles all over the place is sorta like...nutty.

Having said that I have done something similar to this for years but I don't allow my skin or muscles to be pulled all over the place.

If you take a towel and wrap it around your head, pin it in place if necessary so it doesn't fall off, and then, as if a string is pulling your head and neck up and slightly backward, you'll notice how much your neck muscles have to work to hold this position!

*It is important to not crimp the back of your neck, you're not using your neck muscles if you allow that to happen. It's also not good for your neck.

Keeping this position, I then jut my chin out,I keep my cheek muscles tight..(I make them look like apple cheeks)....I flare my nostrils, tighten my eyelids without squinting, press the back of my tongue on the roof of my mouth, (this tightens the neck under the chin) then I take my hands and slide them slooooowly down over my face and neck while at the same time holding everything in my neck, cheeks, lips,tongue, flared nose.....just EVERYTHING in my face tight, tight, tight! All the while my head and neck are up and back. I pull down from the center of my forehead... over the brows.... over the nose... over the chin... down neck. It creates resistance for all the facial muscles. I continue further to the side of my face...I slide my hand down the skin on the sides of my face, I slide my hand down from my ears to the clavicle bone

I do this about 10 times at night and 10 times in the morning.

I don't use the towel anymore. I kinda know how to lift up and back with my neck and head without using a towel. The towel simply allows you to isolate all the neck muscles. Kinda gives you a sense of using these muscles.

Using this technique has kept my face and neck muscles very, very tight and I'm almost 60.

I dermaroll the skin to keep the skin in good shape too. Very Happy Very Happy
Staacygirl

Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been reading all the reviews here and hoping to find more recent ones (2015). I'm 51 and I have been doing the YouTube 3 minute version twice daily for 1 1/2 months and my wrinkles are not getting better. I'm panicking because I think they may even be worse. I'm convincing myself each day to stick with it though because I know they say it will take 3 months to see dramatic results, but it's depressing to not see anything even minor at this point. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this experience where it seems not better or worse at first, and did they then get better later?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |