Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Any Derma Wand users out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
fatpandasneezes

Tue May 10, 2011 11:59 pm      Reply with quote
honeybee wrote:
Karen: thanx so much,but a lightning??i hope it wont burn my skin

Hey~ Mine looks like lightning in a tube too. I've never had it 'burn' my skin, but depending on where I use it, sometimes it feels like static shocks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 am      Reply with quote
fatpandasneezes wrote:
Hello,
I'm just wondering if anyone has noticed their electronics malfunctioning when they're using their dermawand?
I've had the wand for about a month now, but everytime I use it, the touchscreen on my ipod acts funny (is less responsive to my touch and reacts to 'imaginary' touches). I've recently noticed that the touchpad on my laptop acts up as well (it 'clicks' things that I haven't clicked, etc.).
Has anyone else had this problem? And does anyone know if this means that the dermawand is giving off some sort of radiation or cancerous-rays?
Thanks!

If I use the TV remote whilst using the HF device, the batteries go flat and the remote won't work!!!! So, yes, I know what you're talking about and I have no explanation for it. Obviously, there is electrical current going into the body - which then effects other electrical devices. I'm thinking positively and not letting it worry me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 3:15 am      Reply with quote
OMG, this is hilarious (in a dark sort of way)! Uh, I love my professional HF device (the more powerful DermaWand) but this is something new!

I really don't think anything *hazardous to our health* is going on. What you're seeing probably makes sense, given that the "high frequencies" of the device are interfering with the electrical frequencies of other devices. Though in comparison, it's interesting how electrical devices usually *don't* interfere with each other. I wonder what's going on...

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 am      Reply with quote
The current is quite obviously cursing through our veins!! Considering all the electrical devices I use, it's a wonder I don't glow in the dark.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 7:08 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
OMG, this is hilarious (in a dark sort of way)! Uh, I love my professional HF device (the more powerful DermaWand) but this is something new!

I really don't think anything *hazardous to our health* is going on. What you're seeing probably makes sense, given that the "high frequencies" of the device are interfering with the electrical frequencies of other devices. Though in comparison, it's interesting how electrical devices usually *don't* interfere with each other. I wonder what's going on...

LOL. I only use mine in the bathroom (dermawand, now a professional one.) Some electrical devices do interfere with others, eg. Before my father passed I had to check for the output of any cellphone he used as they "can" interfere with a defibrillator which he had, it is also recommended to use the cell on the ear opposite the side where the defibrillator is implanted.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 17, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
The current is quite obviously cursing through our veins!! Considering all the electrical devices I use, it's a wonder I don't glow in the dark.

I can always count on you for a good hearty belly laugh..

On the subject of DW.. I haven't used mine in months, and don't know that I miss it at all.. Confused

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
skikjw

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 am      Reply with quote
dermawand i never ever seen any results with it except for acne clearring my face.
do you think it could be used on the stomach for fat loss. high frequency waves are great for that 10 to 20 minutes in each other. anyone have any thoughts on it.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
skikjw wrote:
dermawand i never ever seen any results with it except for acne clearring my face.
do you think it could be used on the stomach for fat loss. high frequency waves are great for that 10 to 20 minutes in each other. anyone have any thoughts on it.

DermaWand or any High Frequency device will not help with fat loss. You might want to take a look at the STOP POSE device - this uses Radio Frequency which is supposed to treat cellulite and stretchmarks. See this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=33501

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 am      Reply with quote
For anyone who has seen results with the Derma Wand (or like device)?

Other than the few instructions from the manual, are there any techniques you can share for laugh/frown lines and upper eye area? I used mine for the 1st time last night and am very optimistic - never had such tightening in such a short time (that lasts over night!)

My skin is dry so I will have to apply tons of moisturizer, etc. and the preface dries up too fast on me - no biggie though - thanks for any insights ....

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
OMG I packed the kids off for the beach and am home alone and bored, so was flipping thru the channels and HSN has the derma wand on as the today special, so anyone interested its 69.00!

Ok I recalled I have one, I used one or twice a few years ago, didn't feel a thing not even the zapping noise they show on tv. So I decided to check it out again, I dug it out of the draw, plugged it in and sure enough no zapping, great I have a dud. As I was putting it back into the pouch, I noticed a clear top, on top of a clear top! OMG I've been trying to use it with the cover on Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes .

Ok off comes the cover, and I crank it, OMG do not do that, it really does zap! Now the smell they say it gives off is like a spring rain, I beg to differ, it smells like something burnt, I do hope its not my face Confused !
RyanA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
LOL, Tiny. I was just coming to post because I saw the HSN deal. Is this a good price? I like 3 flex pays and free s/h. Now I have to look through this thread to see the reviews!

Does the Dermawand help with blemishes? It doesn't say so on the HSN description, but I thought this technology was good for that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
RyanA wrote:
LOL, Tiny. I was just coming to post because I saw the HSN deal. Is this a good price? I like 3 flex pays and free s/h. Now I have to look through this thread to see the reviews!

Does the Dermawand help with blemishes? It doesn't say so on the HSN description, but I thought this technology was good for that.

Actually I did flip through the thread, hoping some others had made my same mistake, sadly I did not see any, LOL! It does appear some say it really helps alot with blemishes!
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ok does this thing work ladies? and what exactly does it do, I read smooths skin, tone ect! but I tried in vain to do the brow lift demo and nope not happening. Perhaps I needed to raise the level on it, but after accidently doing that I am a bit scared now.
Summer_time
5% products discount

Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just had to share: I've had a sore on my ear for years that just would not heal. (It is at the site of an old piercing that I quit using years ago.) I zapped it a couple of times a day for two days with my new derma wand and it is GONE. Regardless of whatever else this gizmo does, I am thrilled. Smile
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
This thread is older so people may not be watching anymore. Just wondering about using the Dermawand with a DMAE serum - so wash, serum, moisturize/lubricate and then dermawand. I am hoping to use the dmae everywhere including eye area.

Also, regarding using it after Vitamin C - not suppose to according to what I read on this thread - do you think it's ok to use it the night before? thanks for your help!

born 1964, some raw & live foods - medium complexion - sinking eye area yet manage to still have bags, loose, sagging upper eyelids, 11s not as bad as my N/L & M/L, microneedling .5 & 1mm, led, massage, Vit C, A, CP very occasionally, HA, EES, DMAE, MATRIXYL
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:08 am      Reply with quote
I don’t think you should use DMAE around the eyes from memory, can’t think why but there was an official reason not to do so. I also think using the dermawand and DMAE isn’t the best idea. DMAE tightens, and you want it to tighten the outmost layer, not the innermost. I’d use instead the dermawand and then the DMAE serum to really give yourself a good all over.

Re Vit C, the reason you aren’t supposed to use it straight after applying Vit C is because Vit C is both light and heat sensitive, and so the dermawand uses both light and creates heat which inactivates the Vit C. So you could use the dermawand first and then apply your Vit C. Just my take and personal opinion!
lynnn wrote:
Hi,
This thread is older so people may not be watching anymore. Just wondering about using the Dermawand with a DMAE serum - so wash, serum, moisturize/lubricate and then dermawand. I am hoping to use the dmae everywhere including eye area.

Also, regarding using it after Vitamin C - not suppose to according to what I read on this thread - do you think it's ok to use it the night before? thanks for your help!
lynnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much TheresaMary! I forgot about the heat & light sensativity of C. So, DMAE isn't good around the eyes Crying or Very sad I was hoping to get help with lifting the upper eyelid etc. I know it can be drying and possibly bother your eyes. A while back I was using Two Timing Tightener around the eye area & while it didn't fix things, it didn't bother my eyes

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 am      Reply with quote
I can’t remember the exact reasons for DMAE, perhaps someone else can chime in, but I seem to recall it was a no no for some reason around the eyes. Not sure re the two timing tightener skin bio product, but think it was actually something I read on their forum re dmae not being used around the eyes. Who knows!
Hasnaa
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I just purchased one today. I was wondering if anyone is still using it. How r your results? thank you

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi I know this thread is super old. But I am interested in a derma wand. My question is unusual.

I am curious if anyone stopped using it and then noticed that their skin was much worse than before. As in , after using it, it actually made skin sag more... I've read a couple reviews where people say that their skin started to sag worse than before. I guess you could say like a dependancy on the product.

I want to get it for my puffy bags, but if I stops working, or if I react poorly to it ( i have very sensitive skin) I am afraid I'll get even droopier bags!

Also, I know that the Derma Skin website says the effects are temporary... how temporary is temporary? I don't feel like using it more than three times a week after my skin has seen improvement and has been conditioned ( much like with my clarisonic, I use it now when my skin needs it)

I really help some of you still check this board! you seem like the only reliable board to receive answers from!!!!

TIA.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I just recently started using mine again. I think I'll be more cautious after reading your post. BTW, I don't think I saw any difference one way or the other while/after using it before. It is helpful making pimples go away more quickly.

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
The Derma wand does great things. Just be careful if you have hyperpigmentation or had Melasma in the past. My wand brought back my Melasma and my dermatologist said you should always test it first. The rest of my skin is fab tho.
Pablita
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
J12 wrote:
Thanks for that, I should of explained better, there is gunk down below the visible plastic head that sticks up - right into the internal dermawand...has anyone had this problem and been able to clean it?

I know the thread is very old, i was reading it because i have the same problem, the inside of my dermawand bulb (on the walls) has gotten dirty and i dont know how to clean it, i have try to clean it trying to get a clean make up brush between the dermawand wall and the cristal of the bulb, but i couldnt clean it, and one hair of the make up brush got stuck in the dirt and i could not take it out from inside of the bulb Sad

Is this happening to anyone else, and if so do you know how to clean it?
Thanks
tigerlily009
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pablita wrote:
J12 wrote:
Thanks for that, I should of explained better, there is gunk down below the visible plastic head that sticks up - right into the internal dermawand...has anyone had this problem and been able to clean it?

I know the thread is very old, i was reading it because i have the same problem, the inside of my dermawand bulb (on the walls) has gotten dirty and i dont know how to clean it, i have try to clean it trying to get a clean make up brush between the dermawand wall and the cristal of the bulb, but i couldnt clean it, and one hair of the make up brush got stuck in the dirt and i could not take it out from inside of the bulb Sad

Is this happening to anyone else, and if so do you know how to clean it?
Thanks

If you go to the very first posts in this thread (from about 2007) I believe they discuss methods of cleaning the bulb.
coeywong88

Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the share all.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |