Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
sebaceous hyperplasia
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
spa4kathy@yahoo.com

Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am a licensed Esthetican and electrolysis. SH are plugged deep in the pore and do not extract without reaching deep into that pore.

What I have done with much success is use a direct current with my electrolysis machine or my Vacular 300. A hyfercator is much too hot for this simple cure. DC current of .3 with a Ballet stainless steel probe #3 (current remains mostly on the tip) or a gold probe #3 work great.

I insert the probe into the bottom of the pore and the DC softens the congestion. I then use a pore extractor and gently apply pressure and the nasty plug releases to the top. The plug is often very deep and continues to release after a few pushes with the tool.
No product is going to remove that deep plug. It is very deep and a hyfercator will likely damage the surface of the skin. No heat is needed.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Wish you were here in Austin, I would def come see you!

Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

First time poster who also has SH. I've had mine cryo-ed off for many years and I'm just done with it. They just come back a few month later.

I am wondering if anyone has tried the Skintx restore treatment? I'm debating it.

It's 16 week treatment. You start off with a Jessner peel and then you use the products (which includes a kit with a retinol cream, foaming gel, astringent, exfoliant, and brightener) Then after 8 weeks, you get another Jessner peel and finish off your products.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:22 am      Reply with quote
hi everyone,another newbie. I am a 44yr old man with many of these things on my face. Slowly over time they have got more and more noticeable.
Just over 2 hours ago i had them all treated at a local skin clinic with what i think is called Advanced Cosmetic Procedures (Diathermy). It is the same thing used in the you tube video. just google sebaceous hyperplasia treatment,its the one with the bearded man. I am not allowed at this time to post links.

If anyone is interested i will update my healing and results as i go along.

It is basically a tiny blunt needle the thickness of an eyelash. It is applied to the skin but does not pierce the skin. Heat is then applied that destroys the bump. I am told that a scab will form and in 5-7 days fall off leaving hopefully fresh flat skin. The procedure is quick but not without a little pain. He has given me Rosehip oil to apply until the wound has fully healed.

At the moment my face is a bit red and the bumps look bigger than ever but i am assured this is normal. The treatment was carried out in Winchester UK and he told me that people travel great distances across the UK to get this done.

It is not a permanent solution as new ones can and probably will pop up but once healed i hope to put a great deal more effort into keeping them at bay.

I will keep posting how it turns out. I had a lot of these and it took him 40 minutes to zap them all. Im now going to pull the curtains and hide from the world for a few days to see what happens.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!
I wish I had something like that here. The ones that go away and pop back up over and over are the most irritating.
Keep us posted and good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Well its been 43 hours since my skin classic treatment so this is my 1st update. It looks at the moment like i have acne. I never realised just how many of these things i had. Because i have a red mark or a small scab on each one he did you can clearly see where they all were. I counted around 70 of them all told which is a frightening number. He did treat everyone though and a lot of them i could not see with the naked eye so did not know they were there.
I have not left the house since getting back and i think anyone considering this should take some time out from their daily work etc if possible. I am however a man so make up is a no no. Ive got 3 more days before i have to go back to work and im sure my skin will not have healed in this time.
The initial redness and swelling has settled now so i feel that it is improving.Realistically i think its going to take 10-14 days to heal completely.
I have scanned the web religously to see other peoples experiences with this treatment and thankfully they have all been favourable.If any body has experience of this treatment for SH i would be keen to hear their opinion.
I am washing my face twice a day with Tea tree oil soap and have stopped using the rosehip oil.Did not like it on my skin as it seems very greasy.
I am hoping against hope that its all worth it but i guess only time will tell.
havana8

Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on how this worked out for you, hemp? TIA!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello all. Sorry i never posted sooner but its now just over a month since treatment so any questions fire away.
It took about 10-12 days for all the scabs on my face to fall off naturally,i was told it is crucial not to pick them and i was very determined to do just that.

For a week or so after they had fallen off i would say that about 10 of them left a small pink blemish where the new skin had formed underneath.Remember i had over 75 of these treated so was quite desperate for a solution. Now just over a month later i can say that they have all healed tremendously. I am absolutely over the moon with the results.My skin looks the best it has for years with no raised bumps anywhere,just wonderful smooth skin.
I have religously washed my face morning and night with Health Aid Tea tree Oil soap and used a 50/50 solution of ACV and water before bed each night.

They may come back i do not know but so far that has not happened. I am 100% sure that if i get anymore i will get them treated again. I notice that some people have tried lots of different things to rid these bumps but my derm has told me that removal with these machines is the best treatment out there at this time.

For now i cant tell you how great it feels to look in the mirror and obviously the confidence that gives you in every day life. £75 for 15 minutes of treatment is fantastic value in my opinion.

The biggest downside is the healing time. If you only have a few then it is probably no big deal but if you have lots like i did i would advise taking some time off to heal. The first morning after treatment i nearly cried at the state of my face but the difference a month later is remarkable.

As i say i will try to answer any questions if people are considering this. I believe it was the Skin Classic machine that was used. Google it if you are unsure.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I am glad this worked well for you. The 75 (pound) cost is so reasonable.

hemp wrote:
For now i cant tell you how great it feels to look in the mirror and obviously the confidence that gives you in every day life. £75 for 15 minutes of treatment is fantastic value in my opinion.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Yes,i would just like to add that prob up to 30 or 40 of these can be treated in 15 minutes with it taking maybe 3 or 4 seconds to treat a single SH. It took nearly 30 minutes to do all of mine but as i say i had a lot of them.
L2014

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Hemp - - now that it's been over a month can you please tell me if you have any marks or indentations from your removal of SH by the Skin Classic machine? How long did it take for the scabs to come off after you had the procedure done? I'm going to try to schedule so that I have 10 days afterwards to heal before going back to work and want to know if in your experience that is enough time.

Thanks!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
HI. well everybody heals differently i guess but for me after 10 days i would say the majority of the scabs had gone. I went to a social event during the day 11 days after treatment and was sat around a table with several people that know me very well and nobody noticed a thing. Im told it is very important though to not pick the scabs which may become a temptation.
I have the tiniest blemishes from 3 or 4 of them but they are only noticeable to me. Totally flat skin but just a slight pink tone where they once were.
Its 6 weeks for me now and i am so so happy i had it done.
But as i said at the beginning we are all different and heal at various speed.
The first few days are very tough so be prepared to look worse before you look better but if i get more of these in the future i would definately do it again.
leftybass77

Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I just had the Skin Classic treatment two days ago.
I went in for many Cherry Angiomas but I also had two Sebaceaus Hyperplasia bumps treated as well as a number of skin tags.

So two days later, one of the SH is just about flat the other is not. Both are noticeably red like acne. Right now I'm not thrilled with it as a treatment for SH because SH is often the same color as the skin and not too noticeable unless it's on the front of the face. Anyway, I must give it four weeks before I pass final judgement.

Some small cherry angiomas disappeared instantly others are still there. The larger one reduce in size to a raised red dot. Some are black dots which I'm sure will fall off. I had two very large Cherry angiomas that I can already tell will need multiple treatments.

The practitioner also wanted to treat some of my skin tags(i had only went in for angiomas) but I went for it. I don't think it's a great treatmeant for skin tags. Perhaps ones on the eye lid or a delicate spot, yes, but not so great for larger ones on the chest. I think it's better to freeze those off or cut them off. I think you have to treat the base of a skin tag rather than the top of it.

Of course, it could be the best treatment available for SH but so far I'm not happy with it, on the fence. I'll give it four weeks for final judgement.

Right now my chest and neck looks like I was attacked by large swarm of bees & mosquitos or like I have chicken pox or something. The treated SH looks like red blind pimples.

Small forehead Angiomas reacted the best, either disappeared or look the same.

I would like to know the difference between Radio Frequency and Diathermy. Thanks. Smile
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
hi everybody,i was hoping to get this thread going again. for a recap i had the skin classic treatment in sept last year. it was great and for months i felt that this was the solution to the problem of sebaceous hyperplasia. 4 months ago i separated from my wife and i am now going through divorce. Obviously a great time of stress and my face has literally exploded with these things. At a time when i could do with a lift the bumps appearing on my face almost daily is soul destroying.
Has anyone got anything new to add to this thread regards treatment and prevention. Would be interested to get peoples views on stress and a possible link to my increase.
Also at the age of 45 i would like to know if they will ever ease or is my face just going to get worse and worse. Ive tried peppermint oil and tea tree oil with no noticeable difference. I wash morning and night with tea tree oil soap and tone with 50/50 apple cider vinegar and water.
Its quite a desperate situation,i dont want to be alone forever but these things are sapping my self confidence.
The other thing i would like to ask is do people think eating lots of vit A type foods could be beneficial,isnt that what accutane contains lots of.
I wouldnt know about how to get this drug in the uk or even if its something i should consider.
Any views on the above would be welcome.
Nikossmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hemp, I am very sorry to hear of your troubles. I don't know how stress effects SH. I have been dealing with SH for some time also. I have had many derm treatments that work for a short while but then they come back. The best derm treatment for me was Levulan combined with blue light- PDT. That knocked them out for several years. Recently I have had some pop back up (mostly on my forehead). I have been treating them by rolling and applying a strong LAA C serum afterwards. I use a longer needle on these spots than I do on the rest of my face and it has knocked most of them out. I don't know if they will pop up again.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. I have googled levulan and that looks quite a severe trearment. Could you explain quickly what you mean by rolling and what is the serum.I want to try and get as much information as i can. I am going to change my diet and eat as much healthy + vit a foods as i can for a bit to see if that helps.If stress is a factor in my increase its a vicous cycle because the more i get the more it adds to my stress.No one in my family has this and they all have beautiful skin, why im different i just dont know but its very frustrating.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:49 am      Reply with quote
I have had mine simmer and flare through the years. I have done every over and behind the counter, plus lasers. My derm told me the only thing guaranteed to shrink them was a round of accutane. I no longer qualify bc of my cholesterol levels right now (another work in progress, ugh), but if I did I would have taken it. I do find taking Vitamin A helps though. And keeping those stress levels down!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hemp, I use these two products (I'm sure you can find something similar near you)

My C product from Skin Actives: Water, Ascorbic Acid (L) (Vitamin C),Glycerin, Hyaluronic Acid, Ferulic Acid, Phloretin, Pomegranate Seed (Punica granatum) Oil, Tocotrienols, Vitamin E Oil (Alpha-D-Tocopherol), Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Lutein, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Beta Carotene, Xanthan Gum, Lemon (Citrus limon) Extract, Orange (Citrus sinensis) Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol,Sorbic Acid.

I find LAA form of C works well but it stings since it has a low pH.

http://shop.owndoc.com/product-info.php?dermaroller1mm-pid215.html

I can not find the product I purchased from Amazon-it has 3 different needle lengths that can be changed. I use the 1.0 only on the spots- I use .5 everywhere else. Lots of threads on EDS for rolling. Read and see if it will work for you. I have not had any down time from rolling but YMMV.

Also, PDT is a good treatment that needs to be administered by a derm or nurse. It is very good for any type of sun damage. I have always heard that SH is from sun damage. I know that you feel self conscious about SH but I'm sure that isn't as bad as it feels. Please don't be hard on yourself. And whatever treatment you choose go easy!
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Annie R can i ask did you take vitamin A pills or just eat lots of vit A heavy foods.
Also when you were on accutane what dosage was it and for how long did you take it. Also did it come back as bad as before when you stopped.
This condition is seriously upsetting me.
hemp
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried isotrex for SH. Read an article from one chap who said his skin became flawless after using it, I have never tried topicals so can people who have please share there experiences on here. What did you use ,for how long,and was it worth it.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I take a low dose of Vit. A 10,000 IU daily. The accutane was also a low dose of 10mg. a day every other day for a month. My derm also suggests a higher dose over 3 month period for more severe cases.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
10mg every 2 days for a month. Thats quite low isnt it.
What did you achieve with that by the end of a month. I know they come back but is it immediately or do you get some remission. Hope people dont mind me asking these questions. I am going to have the big ones on my cheeks treated next week with the skin classic again. 10 days and they are healed,not a permanent solution but it seems nothing is. I literally must have 50 of these of varying sizes from tiny to large.I am absolutely convinced looking back that stress is a factor in my sudden breakout. I would take accutane in a flash if i could get it but it seems that is almost impossible to get in the UK for SH.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Can you go to your derm and ask about it or is it not prescribed at all there? Yes, it is a low dose and it shrinks the pores which is the underlying cause of the SH. It def goes into remission but for how long would depend on each person, dose and how your skin reacts I suppose. My other derm likes to give a full blown course at a higher mg. which would last longer and then they might not ever come back. Both derms agree on the accutane, just a different course of action with it. I go to 2 different ones for different things.
I have had them zapped or lased but they came right back. Still have a few but not as many.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
It is prescribed but you have to be referred by a doctor to see a derm at hospital. They do not consider SH serious enough to administer accutane. I have been told it can take months just to see a derm after you have been referred. I wouldnt mind if i just had a few but i have a lot. Its frustrating to know there is help out there but i cant get it.There is the online route but all the advice is to not go there.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:38 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I used to have a few good links but they aren't there any longer. I wouldn't mind doing that as long as I stuck to the low dose route and kept it to a shorter term.
It works bc it actually shrinks the base of the pore back to normal size. You can laser off the surface of it but they grow back if not shrunk at the root. (So my derm explained in much better terms that I can remember I am sure)!
Sorry it is such a hassle for you to get it!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |