Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Vaculifter - what are your comments?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
No it wasn't that one. I've found the pertinent information. The woman who had the eyebags also had these bulges underneath the eyes called Festoons. Here is the link:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/understanding-festoons-and-how-treat-them?page=3#copy

This was the doctor who was on the show. In the article he says he uses the Erbium Laser - I always thought that there was significant downtime with this laser. But both women were only a week out of treatment when they appeared on the show and I can tell you they looked amazing.

I've just realised that the photographs on Page 4 of the article are of the woman on the show. You can see that she looks so much more youthful after the treatment - and completely healed.

I caught that show also Keliu and was blown away with both how easy the procedures appeared to be and the incredible results!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Keliu wrote:
No it wasn't that one. I've found the pertinent information. The woman who had the eyebags also had these bulges underneath the eyes called Festoons. Here is the link:
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/understanding-festoons-and-how-treat-them?page=3#copy

This was the doctor who was on the show. In the article he says he uses the Erbium Laser - I always thought that there was significant downtime with this laser. But both women were only a week out of treatment when they appeared on the show and I can tell you they looked amazing.

I've just realised that the photographs on Page 4 of the article are of the woman on the show. You can see that she looks so much more youthful after the treatment - and completely healed.

I caught that show also Keliu and was blown away with both how easy the procedures appeared to be and the incredible results!

Did the same doctor do both of the treatments?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

wow! this women looks a decade younger! so the laser melted the fat or was that water retention she had....?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Daler, the article says it is a modified laser treatment with a focus on advanced wound healing to result in better quality skin.

Here is a link to the 4 parts of the show...I haven't watched them yet.

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/fix-plastic-surgery-pt-1

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Daler, the article says it is a modified laser treatment with a focus on advanced wound healing to result in better quality skin.

but that's not just a better quality skin in post laser pic; in fact, i think skin quality is the same but those bulges are gone!!! it's like if she got a facelift or something! Good for her!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
daler wrote:
bethany wrote:

but that's not just a better quality skin in post laser pic; in fact, i think skin quality is the same but those bulges are gone!!! it's like if she got a facelift or something! Good for her!

I assume the better quality skin means more elastic (thus less sagging)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
daler wrote:
bethany wrote:

I assume the better quality skin means more elastic (thus less sagging)

may be but her skin was already in a very good state, no wrinkles or sagging or anything but it was the bulges making her look old and tired ... thank you for the link, I ll try to watch it later..
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Moving this from a different thread....

Sandymay wrote:
Hi,

Seriously considering purchasing this gizmo for lines above my lips. I've been reading posts about it, and have decided on the sm face one.

Most of the posts are older, so my question is....Is anybody still using their Vaculifter?

If so, are you still happy with the results, and if not, why did you stop?

Thanks so much,

Sandymay

cm5597 wrote:
Yes, I know that lots of people do, and many mention it in their signature line. I don't have the vaculifter, but I do have a set of silicon massage cups (similar principle) that I use.

HTH Smile

P.S. Btw, it's best to post in a Vaculifter thread both to get more traffic/responses and keep everything in the same place. I'll bump such a thread and put this conversation in there, so that others following that thread can see it Smile

...so that the conversation can continue here.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Moving this from a different thread....

Sandymay wrote:
Hi,

Seriously considering purchasing this gizmo for lines above my lips. I've been reading posts about it, and have decided on the sm face one.

Most of the posts are older, so my question is....Is anybody still using their Vaculifter?

If so, are you still happy with the results, and if not, why did you stop?

Thanks so much,

Sandymay

cm5597 wrote:
Yes, I know that lots of people do, and many mention it in their signature line. I don't have the vaculifter, but I do have a set of silicon massage cups (similar principle) that I use.

HTH Smile

P.S. Btw, it's best to post in a Vaculifter thread both to get more traffic/responses and keep everything in the same place. I'll bump such a thread and put this conversation in there, so that others following that thread can see it Smile

...so that the conversation can continue here.

I'm one of those who had success with the vertical lip lines above the mouth. The small face vaculifter is the only one that works there for me, and it's perfect... I haven't kept up with it regularly, so the lines became apparent again. But they aren't as bad as pre-vaculifter..

I was very aggressive in my treatment above the lip. With great gusto, I went back and forth from one side to the other 100 times. I did it several times per week.

Going a bit OT now, but I have to share that in one months time, I'm starting to see the lip lines lessen significantly with dermaroller treatments (at home). (Again, I've been very aggressive with my cosmetic rolling.)

Oh, the small vaculifter also worked well on my neck when I used it faithfully.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Sandymay, I have both the small and large face Vaculifter. I used to use both of them about 5 times a week. I am now only using the large face one. It is harder to use on lip lines(have to suck in part of the top lip), under eye area and some areas of the neck. The main results that I have seen are lessening of under eye bags and maybe (very little) reduction of lip lines. I do think my skin has gotten thicker by using this.

The main reason I only use the large size now is because the suction is much stronger and I only have to clean one Vaculifter. If your main concern is lip lines it is much easier to treat them with the small size. Hope this helps.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for your replies. I appreciate the candid comments, and it's nice to know people are still using this device.

Sandymay

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is like my toothbrush - wouldn't be without it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:17 pm      Reply with quote
Sandymay wrote:
Thanks very much for your replies. I appreciate the candid comments, and it's nice to know people are still using this device.

Sandymay

Yay! Smile I'm glad you found us here, Sandymay, and I'm glad that people have already chimed in with their thoughts for you!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for reviving this old thread, but I was wondering if anybody had some breakout problem when using vaculifter? I started using it on a daily basis (with weekends off), but soon afterwards I got a quite intense breakout all over my cheeks Sad. I do it for about five minutes every evening after cleaning my face(cheeks only) with rosehip oil. I never had problem with rosehip oil before though. Should I remove the oil I used for vaculifter session afterwards?

This little gadget gave me some nice plumping lately so I'm not quitting it, but I'd certainly like to cure these breakouts.

Any tip is welcome!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I think some people did mention breakout issues earlier on in using the device, but these died down. Is your skin naturally prone to spots? I remember you were doing facial exercises and lost facial volume, so I'm just curious as to if you got spots also when you did them?

If you are cleansing your skin, its unlikely to be bacteria based, but maybe with the circulation that the device is causing its getting rid of toxins perhaps? Don't know just thinking aloud here.

Tessie
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply TheresaMary.
Yes, I was always prone to breakouts, these were mostly correlated with my period cycle. But in the last couple of years, especially since I've started using C vitamin products, they started to clear out. And no, I didn't have this problem when I was doing face exercises and manual massage.

I've started sterilizing the vaculifter before and after each session with alcohol, just to make sure.
However, I get some spots on the forehead as well, although I'm not cupping it, so it could be a circulation issue as you are suggesting...

TheresaMary wrote:
I think some people did mention breakout issues earlier on in using the device, but these died down. Is your skin naturally prone to spots? I remember you were doing facial exercises and lost facial volume, so I'm just curious as to if you got spots also when you did them?

If you are cleansing your skin, its unlikely to be bacteria based, but maybe with the circulation that the device is causing its getting rid of toxins perhaps? Don't know just thinking aloud here.

Tessie
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
My vaculifter broke after only having it three or four months. I liked what it did, but I will definitely not repurchase because it wasn't made with quality. I was using it one day, and the screws/plastic completely fell apart. Very disappointed, for 70 dollars it should be a little better made.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:28 am      Reply with quote
Ava with wings wrote:
My vaculifter broke after only having it three or four months. I liked what it did, but I will definitely not repurchase because it wasn't made with quality. I was using it one day, and the screws/plastic completely fell apart. Very disappointed, for 70 dollars it should be a little better made.

if you bought it from nancy, try sending her an email, she has good customer service....
UmEnis
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am about ready for a new gadget. I'm around 40 years old and mostly looking at prevention, though I wouldn't complain about improvement in my nasolabial folds or some crepeness under my eyes and on my upper cheeks(I never know how to spell that word!). I'm trying to decide between and LED and this... this is certainly cheaper!
agatha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'd like to purchase another vaculifter, but can not find any site that sells it online. Does anybody know where can it be purchased? NCN does not seem to stock it anymore...

BTW, I really love this little gadget. After the period of breaking out, my skin adapted and it looks great after the treatment.
Bessie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'd like to purchase another vaculifter, but can not find any site that sells it online. Does anybody know where can it be purchased? NCN does not seem to stock it anymore...

BTW, I really love this little gadget. After the period of breaking out, my skin adapted and it looks great after the treatment.

Hi Agatha - My Vaculifter has lost its suction big time but I couldn't find any replacement either. The only place I can think of that might have some in stock is eBay.

So instead of trying to track down the elusive Vaculifter, I have ordered something called "Belletazze" fromwww.cuppingtherapy.org. It's a set of glass suction cups, varying sizes.

I'll miss the Vaculifter but I hope I have found a suitable replacement. Good luck in your quest!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bessie,

How do you like the cups?
maggie_p
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Sorry about reviving this old thread, just wanted to let you know that Vaculifter is now available on amazon in the UK. Price is ~ 40 GBP (device plus postage).
foxy1
5% products discount

Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
agatha wrote:

If you are still interested in this skin lifting tool, I have one in very good condition that I'd like to sell.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 23, 2023 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Gave mine away years and years ago! Did nothing but cause broken caps on the face.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |