Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin gets darker from LED?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Abc2012

Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Lightstim for over a year,with 3/4 times a week. My skin definitely look brighter and glowy. And it noticeably plumped up my skin! However it did make my existing dark spots a bit darker, and brought out couple more spots around my temple area, so I cut down the usage to 1/2 times a week. I am Asian with fair skin, and I think Asians are more prone to hyperpigmentations with any type of treatment. I also heard that green LED is suppose to lighten hyper pigmentation, if any of you out there knows a good one to try pls let me know. Thnx! Smile
gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, I've been using my LED to lighten my perma-ran and wondered why its not working. Maybe I'll just use it more & stop doing peels (which also haven't helped).
terraaus
5% products discount

Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
My skin got darker too from using LightStim.
sberry

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.Just thought I would share my experience with this condition. I am 51 years old but I look like im 31 Very Happy In my twenties I suffered from acne that scarred and melasma from birth control pills. My doc told me there was nothing i could do. I had to wear tons of make-up and never showed my real skin. In my early 30's I discovered Alpha hydoxy acids. It cleared up everything! It took awhile,but my skin was beautiful and dewy. Ive used them ever since. My fav was DDS 15% creme(which they stopped making). Of course I used every skincare known to man until the AHA's which I also contribute to my youthful skin. Well,the Melasma is back. Guess what caused it? The Derma Wand. I have the preg. mask that I never even had back in the day. if you do purchase this devise and have had hyperpigmentation in the past,I suggest you test it on dark skin first. At first I did notice a little bluish under the skin by my eyes but the wand made the rest of my skin look so good,I dismissed it as something else. I started using the wand more and more and since i live on the Oregon coast I wasn't as careful of applying spf like I should. My Dermatologist told me to stop using the Derma Wand. I have not tried any meds or creams yet. I have noticed that my forehead has gotten alot better by using apple cider vinegar. I still use the acid on the rest of my face. My derm. said use a very high spf and gently exfoliate. I hope this helps anyone else who wants to use the Derma wand. Im not trashing it. I actually love it and will continue to use it. Just more carefully.
Cheerisonic
5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have to be very careful using the LED. I have a single ancient acne scar that completely turns dark red each time I use the LED. It isn't being brought to the surface to disappear, etc. It makes it much worse than if I just leave it alone.

I also get a tanned appearance if I use it consistently.

Just thought I would share.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
i've been using the AALS religously for a few months and my skin positively glows....it really is amazing. I would never classify my skin as darker, just healthier looking...like that beautiful flush after you've exercised -
LOVE this
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |