Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pico Toner - Quality?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hello,

I've had 2 PT for less than one week each and they both stopped working. Anybody else having the same problem?

I need to buy another microcurrent device because want to use it consistently instead of missing weeks due to repair. Any advice?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Denisiel,
I haven't had that problem (but I've only used my unit 4 times last year(and got great results from day one in lifting my cheeks and jowl area but also got irritated skin) and stopped using it as we were traveling around domestically and internationally and didn't have time to order the probes.

Anyway, when I saw your message I tested my unit which is still working fine.

When the Pico's threads were very active I don't recall anyone posting about this problem (although I might have missed a post or two!)

it seems like there might be a defect in your device. Is the company willing to send you a replacement?

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Denisiel,
I haven't had that problem (but I've only used my unit 4 times last year(and got great results from day one in lifting my cheeks and jowl area but also got irritated skin) and stopped using it as we were traveling around domestically and internationally and didn't have time to order the probes.

Anyway, when I saw your message I tested my unit which is still working fine.

When the Pico's threads were very active I don't recall anyone posting about this problem (although I might have missed a post or two!)

it seems like there might be a defect in your device. Is the company willing to send you a replacement?

Hi jasminerosey,

Glad your unit is working well. I think my problems are just a coincidence.

I would recommend the probes, I find they work well and also makes it easier to follow along with some other movements found on YT videos. I can't really glide or cinch with the gloves as they are a bit rough so when I use P2, I place them on my skin and then lift up so there isn't much drag across the skin.

Yes, NuerotriS has responsive customer service and will repair/replace the unit under warranty. I find their response time and attitude quite good.

On a side note, do you happen to know if we can use the facial pads from any other brands or they have to be from Neurotris?

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Denisiel,

I haven't investigated anything about the pads yet.

I think on one of the Pico Toner threads (there were several long ones at one time) one of the posters used and liked the probes and gloves but didn't think much of the pads (but that is only one person's experience). I don't recall anyone else posting about them.

Have you looked at the Home Beauty Devices website. The man whose site it is used to post here often .He has several short videos about the Pico, including one dealing with the pads. I suspect he doesn't answer your question, and for all I know that video might be on you tube or be part of the instruction DVD that came with the Pico (I haven't looked at the DVD since we have a Mac Air which doesn't play DVD'S, I just looked at his site to see how to use the Pico).

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:28 am      Reply with quote
The man who has the Home Beauty Devices site used to post at EDS under the name PhotoQueen. He has a lot of interesting posts including many about the Pico Toner.

Thanks for the info about the Caci moves. Christine Byer also has many interesting videos on you tube showing micro current techniques.

denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:39 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
Denisiel,

I haven't investigated anything about the pads yet.

I think on one of the Pico Toner threads (there were several long ones at one time) one of the posters used and liked the probes and gloves but didn't think much of the pads (but that is only one person's experience). I don't recall anyone else posting about them.

Have you looked at the Home Beauty Devices website. The man whose site it is used to post here often .He has several short videos about the Pico, including one dealing with the pads. I suspect he doesn't answer your question, and for all I know that video might be on you tube or be part of the instruction DVD that came with the Pico (I haven't looked at the DVD since we have a Mac Air which doesn't play DVD'S, I just looked at his site to see how to use the Pico).

Hi jasminerosey,

If you email Neurotris, they will send you a link to play the video online. It is quite useful in explaining the movements plus showing the different protocols with the gloves, probes and pads.

I watched the videos from Home Beauty Devices and they are also very helpful. I wish that Philip and Christine Byer would post again - they are a wealth of information.

WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:31 am      Reply with quote
I just started using mine some again, left it sitting in a drawer for over a year, works fine now. Sounds like a defective unit. I prefer the rods to the gloves because I lack time here and it works just as well for me.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |