Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone tried Mini Portable Anti-aging Dot Matrix Skin Care ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
DebM wrote:
SansSouci572 wrote:
I finally ordered one. The seller, NORLANYA, told me that in a few days she is going to post a larger one for the body.
Now I am glad I didn't have the funds for thermage at the doctors.. Wink
The reviews for thermage were too mixed-for gambling several thousand dollars.
But I'm game for $100.

On ebay?

Norlanya is on Amazon.
SansSouci572
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
little vase wrote:
Huh. When you say "burns" do you mean actual heat? Mine zaps me with electricity which kind of feels like a burn but isn't.

Has anyone experienced breakouts because of either the gel included, or possibly even the machine itself? I have pimples all over my chest right now, and also on my left wrist. I did one wrist but not the other, just so I could really see differences, if any. I haven't had a pimple in 20 years. I also now have an itchy rash under my chin. My chin, my chest (cleavage area), and my wrist are the three places where I've held it in place the longest, and all of the rashes/pimples started the same day - two days ago. Today I'm going to use aloe vera instead of the gel included, in case it's the gel. I feel like a teenager with all of these breakouts!

Yeah..I did break out, cleavage. I was wondering about that myself..my face is fine though.Maybe the tightening is making stuff come up? Kinda like you get spots with the other laser?

I guess this is an electrical burn! Yikes, now I can hardly hold it 30 seconds in one spot. I wonder if this means do this less often..
Totally winging it here..maybe we should read up on real thermage and see what happens with them.
And, do we even need this gel stuff? If we aren't sliding this around..
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:07 am      Reply with quote
HI, I'm looking for a device/treatment for my loose, flappy underarm skin. Would this tool be useful for that? My skin is very loose there, and I do workout. Embarassed Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I hope this works for loose arm skin too!
I decided to wait a few extra days to do another treatment, rather than go by the few times a week rule.
And now, I am back to holding this in one spot for several minutes until it burns.

I am winging it here, but I am going to take a guess that it would probably be better to do more intense sessions less often.
If I try to do this every few days it burns right away, I can't even do 30 seconds in one spot. So most likely doing this in one spot until it burns means you would need more recovery time. That is my current theory.

And, I had used the knock-off derma-pen about a week before I tried this
It is possible that this break out on cleavage was from that instead. It was sorta itchy too..very odd.I did not break out anywhere else.
havana8

Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:12 am      Reply with quote
related posts from: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=52223

cherallynne forcella wrote:
I have been using the RF Dot Matrix for two and a half months now. I am happy with the clean line of my jaw, but lately I've decided to not use it as much as I have been. My cheeks are starting to look too 'sculpted' and I'm afraid to lose any more fat in them. Since I just stopped using it and the skin takes about a month to respond, I am honestly a little afraid that I've done too much and I'm going to look like one of those old Thermage photos which appeared when it first came out.
Anyone else noticing such changes?

little vase wrote:
I haven't seen anything to speak of yet. I've used it 4 times, and I keep breaking out. Too many times for it to be a coincidence. Itchy rashes, it's the weirdest thing. I've used the gel that comes with it, aloe vera, and plain water, and I get zapped and then break out. I haven't noticed any reduction in wrinkles or sagging yet, but still hope to. I obviously haven't used it enough for any changes to be noticeable.

I'm not familiar with the old thermage photos, will have to see if I can find them!

cherallynne forcella wrote:
I have had a problem with a rash on my hands when I try to use it on them, too. They look so bad that I thought maybe it would help. I also broke out in a rash when I used it on the inside of my elbows, and the rash hasn't gone away. I am pretty sure it was caused by the DM because my hands and elbows' rash appeared the next morning after I used it for the first time on them. I wonder if it might be some kind of allergy to the metal in the head. I have also noticed that my skin is looking kind of 'off'. Nothing else has changed in my treatments except the use of the DM.

The old Thermage photos show women who had inept treatments from unskilled techs. (That was about ten years ago.) The fat was melted out of their faces and they looked skeletal.

I really think this product is good, but I'm just going to exercise some restraint.

little vase wrote:
Good idea....restraint! I agree that it may be a good thing. I have a wedding to go to next weekend so I'm dying to really go to town on my face but I'm afraid of the rashes. So I'm going to switch back to the dermaroller until after next weekend, and then work on my mouth and chin area. Continued good luck with yours!

That's a good thought about possibly being allergic to the metal. I hadn't thought of that, I was thinking it was bringing things to the surface or causing mini eruptions Laughing

AnnieR wrote:
The metal allergy might just be the culprit. I have very sensitive skin but have not had any outbreaks at all with it.
winewine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am very interested in getting one. Now most of you got it for a while now, do you see any further improvement?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:45 am      Reply with quote
No, still on the plumping-after-use stage but no long term permanent results.
But it has only been a month or so for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, AnnieR. I am debating between getting this or getting the a Tripollar Stop. My main concern is slight shadow of jowl, and slightly droopy eyelids and puffy under eye area. Even if the effect is temporary, I don't mind getting it. But is it advisable to use this everyday?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:27 am      Reply with quote
i do not know anything about the Stop. Never tried that one.
I like the reasonable price of this so it was easy enough to try.
I am using it twice a week and instead of moving it all around continuously, just holding it in one place until hot or 15-25 seconds and then moving it. More like I do my Baby Q.
But then I am lazy and do it while watching my television programs, haha.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:46 am      Reply with quote
I used it again last night on my chest, under my chin, and on my face. I now have the same itchy red bumpy rash on my chest and under my chin. Luckily, my face has never been affected. Unluckily, this is two days before the wedding I'm going to on Saturday, and this rash usually lasts at least 2 weeks. Such a dummy, why couldn't I wait?? Oh because I'm vain, that's why. Eh? Embarassed

Anyway, I am definitely allergic to the metal..ugh. I guess I'll try to coat it with something.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Hate to hear that. That is so very weird. I have sensitive skin but have not had an issue of any kind with this little gadget.
Are you still using a barrier gel and trying something different? I remember reading you were going to try the Aloe Vera instead.
Also, how long are you holding it in each spot now? It sounds like the 30 seconds was a bit much but did you try to vary that this time?
Hope it disappears in time for you.

Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to disturb you guys but I just want to ask some questions regarding how you guys use it

- how many hours should I charge it before I can use it ?
- is it safe to use it while it's charging ?
- and how many mins. or hours can be use when I'm using it on my face ?
- and if it's safe to use it everyday ?

thanks in advance
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I recharge mine when the light isn't coming on steady or every third time or so.
I use it while charging, so I would be interested in hearing the answer to that one!
I use it every 3-4 days, holding it steady on one area for 30 seconds or so average or until it hurts! I do it while watching TV so it goes by pretty fast.
My guidelines prob aren't the standard so I would love to hear input from others.

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:11 am      Reply with quote
oh thanks you so much Miss AnnieR atleast I have a idea, I can start using it Smile thank you so much again Miss AnnieR
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:14 am      Reply with quote
You are welcome, not that I am right, haha. That just works for me.
I have gotten to where I can feel how long it needs to be by a tolerance level. When it starts getting uncomfortable I move it! But I do not leave it more than 30 seconds in an area either way.
I also have not been using any conductor gel, so not sure if that really makes a difference. I have it, just forget. Just my plain HA serum. Does anyone else use the gel?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:03 am      Reply with quote
So I am still not sure if I am using this thing correctly. Would anyone care to post how they understand how and their protocol?
Thanks!

5% products discount

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I use it with ultrasound gel from Amazon about once a week for almost an hour. I place it on one area until it gets very hot - almost until it's unbearable, and then move it. I've been using it for about 8 months. My checks are more slimmer and jawline firmer - all which I wanted. I use it on my forehead too and eyebrows definitely look lifted. Of course, I also derma-roll too, for about two years now, so I can't tell which is doing what. I'm working now on derma-rolling my arms and hands, all of which have some sun damage, to test further. I'm not really concerned though, both are inexpensive.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help! I appreciate the feedback. Do you have to keep your fingers on the sides of the unit? I have read conflicting versions.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:35 am      Reply with quote
I've just got mine in the mail today. I used it for the first time tonight. So far I really like it. I watched a YouTube video from an aesthetician that was very helpful. The instructions are a joke. Sometimes they don't come in English either. I use a gel I made. The face has to have it, or it will not work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Someone asked a question about whether or not gel or water was necessary when using the RF Thermage device. The gel works as a conductor. Water nor oil should Be used. They are both poor conductors. Christine talks about that in her youtube review of the product. Even if it's left in one place, u have to use some kind of gel.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:46 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Thanks for the help! I appreciate the feedback. Do you have to keep your fingers on the sides of the unit? I have read conflicting versions.

No, I see no reason why you'd need to keep your fingers on both sides of the unit.

I use ultrasound conductor gel off of Amazon.

I got carded the other day trying to buy a lighter (???) but I don't know if it's just that store policy to card everyone for lighters, LOL. Pretty dumb.

I was thinking of saving up for the Tripollar Stop, but there were so many bad reviews. The machine may work, but so many people seemed to have problems just operating it, losing the connection. Seems way too expensive for that happening.

With this little device, I'm thinking of turning it on and letting it warm up before using it. From what I've read about Thermage CPT, and I think this is similar, it has to be hot. I don't think sweeping it around while it's just lukewarm is going to do much.

I also tried it on my hands, which, while always dry, did improve. No more popped-out veins.
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:49 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had any success with the 15 watt dot matrix machines?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 am      Reply with quote
That may be smart. Mine doesn't work all the time, very frustrating and I am on the second one now. Sometimes you can try and try but the head will not heat/light up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
That may be smart. Mine doesn't work all the time, very frustrating and I am on the second one now. Sometimes you can try and try but the head will not heat/light up.

Hi Annie,

I have just received one of these from ebay and the head will not heat up at all, it just stays cold. The seller is trying to tell me it shouldn't heat up that much, even though the instructions refer to the unit burning the skin if left in the same spot for too long! I think I will have to complain to ebay about this,

Jackie
bluebell
5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi I too have just had one of these, mine is the same the tip not heating up I got it from Amazon, I got in touch with the sellers, who are now saying the tip is faulty and are going to send me a replacement head, but will have to wait between 7 to 15 days for it to arrive, if this one does not work not sure after 30 days that I can send it back, I will surely complain to Amazon if this is so
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |