Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Has anyone tried ReAura Laser Device from Philips?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I hear that crackling noise too. Just dusted mine off and did a treatment Sunday night. Yay! Smile

Which made me realize that I better order a new gel since I am on my last tube from Reaura.

I couldn't find gel when I googled but I did find the Tria Calming one on Amazon.com (thanks for the recommendation). I checked Ebay for laser gel and got other stuff that popped up. For some reason I am "google challenged" today, haha.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have never used level 1 but went to level 3. There is a crackling noise, nothing alarming but it is a noise I have heard.
TheAlluring wrote:
To be more precise, my question is:
Does ReAura sound any different when used on setting 1 vs setting 2?
When I move my device set to 2 across my skin, I can hear a crackle, something I do not hear on setting 1.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I can't believe they are going to discontinue this! If mine broke I'd want to buy another in a heartbeat! This has done amazing things for my skin like nothing else has and I'd be lost without it! Will phillips fix them and replace if the ones we have break? I am freaking thinking I can't buy another! This is crazy they are not continuing the best thing ever for skin!
TheAlluring
5% products discount

Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:25 am      Reply with quote
It is sad to see their marketing department failed with reAura :/

I think the biggest problem was the initial price: 1000EUR was too high a price to introduce a new type of device to mainstream.

I suppose they had hard time juggling:
- royalties to Fraxel
- research and design costs
- insurance costs, which no doubt must have been high

They did much better job with Lumea devices, keeping the price of most expensive units at ~500EUR, for example, and putting more devices in the line.

Nylongirl, I am afraid if your device breaks, that's it. Electronics are made single-use now to fuel consumption (so that instead of fixing stuff, you'd have to buy another - better for producer).
If it breaks while under warranty, you will likely get a refund, unless they will be able to send you a new unit.
If it breaks after warranty, that's it. We will have to look at Philip's competitors, like Tria Sad
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:12 am      Reply with quote
Just off the top of my head, but I believe the estimated durability of Reaura is 7 years' use - but my question is that just face only - I use mine on face, neck, chest and forearms!!! Plus a few random sundamaged areas on my legs - not recommended by Philips, but it definitely worked.

I think we need not worry - there will be many additions to this market in the next few years as obviously it has proved to be a lucrative market. Maybe future devices will be even better!
KnowledgeIsPower

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
HI everyone,
My first time writing here - but have read lots on this brilliant forum and very grateful to all the lovely ladies who post here for our general benefit.

Hope my review of the ReAura below is helpful.

I am in my (very) late 40s, and like everyone, like to look the best I can for my age. Not so very much about looking ''younger'' per se - more about looking healthy, attractive and a little bit lovely if possible!

I do use Retin-A, and have done for 10 years. No secret that that really works if your skin can tolerate it. But I also have a couple of beauty tools that I have really given a serious run.

My absolute ''weapon of choice'' is derma rollering. I use a 1mm needle and use a little numbing cream before hand so that I can give my skin a pretty good roll - I roll until it is really very pink. Then I leave it completely for 2 weeks to a month, and repeat the above. I have done this every spring for a total of 3-4 months (and then leave it for the rest of year to fully recover) for several years now, and have had outstanding results.

I mention all this because I have now had a year of trialing the Philips ReAura. It was a hugely extravagant Christmas present from my husband (kind of two Christmases and a birthday combinde), and I wanted it because clearly Fraxel and pixelated laser can do real things for the skin, but I don't have the time or money to go in for that stuff in any regular way.

The ReAura is a serious bit of kit. You absolutely can feel it doing something. As many have said, it is really rather painful. My schedule is different from most and I am not advocating it, but just letting y'all know.

Once a week for a period of 6 weeks I apply numbing cream. After letting the numbing cream take effect (about 45 mins) I use the ReAura for double the specified amount of time on my face (and neck if I have the time).

Before you all jump up and down about the double ReAura treatment once a week - I am NOT suggesting this is what everyone should do. But for me, I just knew it was unrealistic for me to commit to doing it twice a week. I have lots of small children (kind of adopted), work etc, and there was never going to be the time. And I tested my face's tolerance levels first of course.

So that is the schedule: 6 weeks of once a week, kind of maximum redness possible. Then I leave it for six-nine months. (I do also think that if your face can take it, and mine certainly can, then a slightly more aggressive treatment is the point - after all we are trying to do just the right amount of ''harm'' to promote all that lovely collagen and healing...)

My verdict?
1) It certainly does something. There is some real resurfacing going on, for sure. I will continue to use it, even if I only get to do one round of treatments per year.
2) It is NOT as good as the derma roller. For me the derma roller - done reasonably agressively - beats absolutely everything. It was way more helpful than Pixel (which I treated myself t0 a couple of times) and I see a definite glow and thickening of skin for months afterwards.
3) The ReAura is too painful and time consuming for me to use it on the schedule Philips recommends. Others may find otherwise, but you do need to have some serious leisure time (and pain tolerance) and I don't have much of either.

So the single line conclusion?
Get a derma roller first, foremost and always, and only add in the ReAura if you have time and money for more, as though it DOES definitely work, I would give it 6/10 and derma roller 10/10.

Finally, I should add that I did a serious heap of sunbathing from age 13-30. Plus have had some really tricky, chronic health conditions for the past twenty years. So my skin was really up against it in terms of looking good at nearly 50. But I get lovely compliments all quite often, and people do say I look great (and even younger) than my age.

So there I'm shouting the good news. Retin-A PLUS Derma roller PLUS Philips Reaura PlUS lightstim when I get the time (which is very rare) DO create great looking skin.

(Ps The lightstim is a nice extra. Nothing ever that Wow, for me. And it is SO SO SO time consuming for what it does. But from time to tiem, in front of the TV I might give do half an hour.)

Thanks again to all the great Girls on this forum. Hope this helps a little.

Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hallo Ladies,

Sorry - just wanted to add, all of my ReAura treatments I discussed in the review above, were on level 3.

I guess I have pretty good, touch skin (though it looks nice a glowy!) from all that Retin-A and Derma Rollering!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:33 am      Reply with quote
KnowledgeIsPower, hi and thanks for your post. Now you have me thinking of switching to dermarolling for awhile.

Just started using my ReAura again, treatment #2, but now I am getting Invisalign put in. I go back on Wednesday so they can do more molds of my teeth and take some pictures. This means plenty of dental visits. The ReAura gives me a lot of downtime and with the bright lights in their office, I think I'd rather try something different for awhile. At least till I get my teeth sorted first.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Is anyone willing to put a before and after photo of Reaura results?
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Thought I'd give you an update on how I'm progressing with my chest. My chest skin is severely sun damaged. In July I had an IPL treatment and this is the photo I took directly after that.

Before:

The next photo is after 16 ReAura treatments.

After:

As you can see, Nicole Kidman I ain't!! But there has been a marked improvement. My skin is still quite red from last night's treatment - when the redness dissipates, it looks allot better.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with my progress. I'm off interstate for around a month because my daughter's having a baby - so I'll give my skin a well deserved rest and continue on when I return home.

Ivana here's Keliu's before and after.
Mishey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
mismis wrote:
A few people have pointed out that my link did not work so here it is again:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/plainpotter/sets/72157632626054878/

These are a series of different view of before reaura, after one treatment protocol, after two. There is one added picture to show the actinic keratosis which have been greatly reduced by the treatments. The arms show one treatment only, and as these had by far the most damage, they show the most improvement.

What doesn't show on the pictures is the vastly improved texture and pliability of the skin. It also looks like I have gained a little weight, I didn't, but the treatment really plumped up the skin almost as if there is a very thin layer of fat underneath, a good thing at 60.

And here's the link to Mismis'.
TheAlluring
5% products discount

Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:56 am      Reply with quote
ivana321 wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone willing to put a before and after photo of Reaura results?

Hello ivana,

I've seen on your other posts here that you are selling your Tria because it didn't address your main concern (sagging): I don't think ReAura will help you much either :/
ReAura and Tria work on the same principle and while ReAura is more "powerful", I doubt it will give you much better results in sag department Sad

I myself have been through over half of my first ReAura session and I'd like to share an observation I made which might be useful for people having blackheads / comedoes problems.
It should seem obvious but I'd like to spell it out nevertheless: because the laser does cause major irritation and skin reneval process is sped up, you will need to be very vigilant with your daily routine if you don't want your blackheads to get much, much worse (irritated skin tens to produce more sebum and more dead skin cells in short amount of time increases chance of pore blockage).

I still think it is worth it, but I have to pay much more attention to my routine now...
cam4

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:13 am      Reply with quote
hey, i hope someone can help me, im in germany and i can not found a way to buy the performance gel for the ReAura.

some one can tell me a alternative to the gel ?

is it possible to use a hyaloronic serum to use with the laser ?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Any generic glycerin works even BETTER than the ReAura product, and it is very inexpensive. Try it and you will see! Most pharmacies have a generic brand for about $2.

I have been using glycerin for about 2 1/2 years and it is just as effective as the ReAura product, but with the added advantage that it never jams the treatment head.
DebM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:23 am      Reply with quote
What is the name of the glycerin you buy mismis?
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just buy the generic of whatever pharmacy I happen to be in.

This is a product that they all carry, if you cannot find it just ask. I don't even know if there IS a brand . . .

And you will not need to buy it often; it is thinner in consistency than the ReAura gel and you really only need a thin layer. So don't buy the jumbo size! To illustrate I have only needed to purchase two small bottles over 2 1/2 years and I use my ReAura 2 out of every three months on my face neck chest and arms, plus a few spotty areas on my legs.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I finished my 8 week treatment and it was wonderful. Never wore make up for the entire treatment time as didn't have to. And if I did it looked great.

After 2 weeks of the Reaura I went back on the retin a and vit C. But by week 6 the glow and youthful look started to fade fast. Skin is still improved from 'pre treatment' but I'm not looking as young as I did during the treatment or for the month after it.

So should I just give up the retin a and vit C for good so I can do monthly maintenance with Reaura? I stopped my retin a 2 nights ago. Now I have to wait another 4 weeks to start reaura again.I'm so mad now I have to wait. I don't want to have to be concerned if a party invite comes up and I want to use it and can't cause of the C or Retin A.

QUESTIONS:
1: Would you give up your Retin A for Reaura top ups? I'm also thinking of buying a Tria cause someone said it's milder. Anyone have both?

2: What about doing the Tria as maintenance in between say 2 or 3 yearly 8 week reaura sessions??
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use both Vitamin C and Retin A Rx along with ReAura - but my skin is well accustomed to these products as I've been using them for about 15 years.

Why not experiment? You can always try them together and decrease frequency of application if it is too much. It is a pain to go on and off Retin A in particular as it takes a while to be able to use it every day.

I would not use Tria in between ReAura treatments; they are essentially both lasers, and while the treatment protocol is a little different, both are causing an injury which needs time to heal, hence the month long rest period between treatment months recommended by both.

LOVE my ReAura, but when it finally gives up the ghost, will probably have to switch to Tria.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you MisMis, I've been using Retin A for over 20yrs. had only stopped for the reaura cause I was afraid it would cause pigmentation as I thought that was the concern. I always where sunscreen year round. Even dead of winter. I could not find in the reaura instructions anything about not using retin A but I read it here so was concerned.
What are the dangers/risks of using them together?
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Bought a big 32 oz bottle on amazon. works great. Also use with my nuface which I feel doesn't really do anything but use it cause I have it. Reaura on the other had was worth every penny.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Mismis

When I said use Tria in between Reaura, what I meant was if I did a series of 8 weeks with the Reaura and then say did ONE treatment a month with a TRIA as maintenance... as I thought it was not as high powered.

So I would do say 2 of the 8 week reaura sessions a year and in the in between do ONE Tria session aprox every 3 weeks as a maintenance. less wear and tear on the Reaura. And using a milder laser in between. THOUGHTS!???
mismis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I would just stay with the ReAura and use as many treatment cycles as seems best for your skin. ReAura is used twice a week for 8 weeks with a month rest. Tria is used every day for 8 weeks with a one month rest. I don't know if the actual treatments are not as lengthy or have a smaller # of pulses or if the window of the Tria is bigger leading to a more diffuse effect.

But both are effective tools, used for the same purpose. I am not quite sure why you would need both. We are not all the same, so it may be indeed you need a more specialized program.

I use ReAura two months out of three and find it is not too much; indeed my skin just seems to get better. I would say that my skin would fall into the sensitive category in terms of reactivity.

I believe the ReAura is supposed to last 7 years of normal use. I've used mine for a lot more than just my facial area for three years and it is still just fine and a bargain compared to the priced of professional treatments. If I had to buy a new one each year, I would still consider it a bargain in terms of effective care.

The one instruction I would NOT ignore is the rest period between protocols - that is when the body catches up on healing and collagen production.
nylongirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
LOL I guess I'm scared of my reaura dying and thought the tria would cut some of the use and buy it more life time! I do my neck, chest and fore-arms and hands too. I agree 100% with you. I was paying $1500 twice a year for a fraxel and it took me 2 weeks to heal. Never were the results as good as this. So it's a bargain and crushed it's been discontinued.

As far as side effects from using Retin A while doing it?-- what is there to watch for? If I'm doing 8 weeks on and then say doing touch ups once every 3 weeks for a few months... where would it be safe to do the retin A? If my skin is used to it, my only concern would be hyperpigmentation
Thanks again for the feed back!!
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Broke out and dusted off the ReAura tonight, charged it up, and did a treatment just minutes ago. I used Glycerin instead of the gel. Although I still have 3/4 left of the original gel, glycerin is so much better, glides so much easier and keeps contact which insures a seamless treatment.

Darn I forgot how powerful this thing is! My face is tingling and a bit flushed, I applied some Elizabeth Arden's 8 hour night cream, hopefully that'll soothe it. Im gonna do a full treatment cycle with it, it's been a while! I put my TRIA age defying laser up for sale on eBay today, I'm expecting Tria's new eye laser in the mail. I don't need three laser devices so one had to go and I like the idea of having one that specifically targets the small areas of the eye.

So glad I picked up a ReAura when I did back in 2012/13 (can't remember), they seem to be rare nowadays. It's without a doubt a great powerful at home fraxel device.
EC413
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
What do you all use on your skin in between ReAura treatments, when the skin feels slightly dry? Been using Elizabeth Arden's 8 Hour Cream, this time around and it seems to be keeping my skin nicely hydrated. I found this on my Amazon search the other day, it was one of the few "post laser treatment" topicals that I could find on Amazon. Anyone ever use it? I think I may pick up a tin of it to try out, much cheaper than a lot of "post laser treatment" serums that come with devices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FYV5T0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_sfl_title_5&smid=A33UF0D3VOJBQ
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |