Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

BIO OIL for improved skin texture and scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ellajames
5% products discount

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Bio Oil does soften and smooth skin. It is hypoallergenic and safe for sensitive skin.

Pregnant women can use Bio Oil to try to prevent stretch marks. It helps to improve the skin's elasticity.
girlygirl13

Fri May 03, 2013 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I think the trick is to use Bio Oil right at the start of healing. I have not had any luck getting it to fade/ease old scars and stretchmarks but have had great luck when I used immediately after an emergency appendectomy.

My incision was fairly even and straight but one end had a little bump. I think he sewed the skin unevenly so there ended up being a little excess skin on one end that he put one big stitch in. Not sure if that makes sense. This stitch did not dissolve like the others and had to be pulled out because the skin was growing over it. Yeah, that was fun. So I ended up with a small, very neat scar with a bigger round scar/bump on one end. As soon as the last stitch came out I used the Bio Oil twice a day, massaging gently. This really helped the incision to heal and the scar to fade. In time even the bump went down. I'm really happy with the results.

When/if I have kids I plan to use as a preventative measure against stretch marks (along with other products, of course.)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 03, 2013 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard mixed reviews about Bio Oil.
missasoen

Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
there are 2 thing i like about Bio oil its pretty cheap comparing with other brand that pose the same claim, and second it's because it works!at least for me. I've used Bio oil during my pregnancy, although i'm not put it religiously, just rub in on my itchy belly every other night, or as far as i remember to put something on my belly,coz i was waaayyy to lazy when i was pregnant, LOL. But, thank's God, i don't have any new gross looking stretchmark at all, only the old stretchmark one that still bearable to look at. But i don't like to put it on my face, i deteste the smell, and it just to greasy and a bit long to sink in.
Cynthiabb
5% products discount

Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I used the bio oil for a month now, mainly use it on the thigh and hip area because thereare some cellulite. It works well!! Tho the cellulite doesnt disappear, but the color id much lighter andthe skin is much smooth now .. Nice product
particle
5% products discount

Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard mixed reviews about it. Anyhow, I will give it a try.

5% products discount

Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I used BIO Oil and saw no difference, However I know three people who use it and they Love it AND they look fantastic. My sister used it and her wrinkles and skin texture have improved significantly (in about a three month period).

My advise is to give it a go. It's only cheap so even if you don't see a difference you haven't really lost much.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have stretch mark after delivery. The bio oil doesn't work for me. Just can't see any result
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I use it on my face once,the next day my face get pimples...

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bio oil just like water. I don't like it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:34 am      Reply with quote
Some people would just say no if they see some skincare products contain mineral oil. But, what if some of them work well? Could anyone tell us the negative effects we could have to use something with mineral oil?
Cheryl_C

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
It works great on stretch marks! Totally no stretch marks after birth. I started applying in my 5th month of pregnancy till the end.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |