Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Liquid Oats Beta Glucans - anyone still excited by it?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Does this stuff still deliver?

Can it be used in Vit C serum?

I'm trying to find a good base to add Vit C to it. I was wondering if I should get the Liquid Oats instead of SKB or Seamolient.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I think SKB is the ingreadient in the expensive Le Mer skin cream. It is fantastic stuff. You might want to read up on the different benefits of each ingredient before you decide.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know where I can buy liquid oat beta glucans? Previously bought from Garden of Wisdom, but they are now out of stock (of the large size). I could buy multiple small bottles, but of course it costs quite a bit more that way.

Any suggestions? I can't seem to find it anywhere.
mayeeta

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I am still in love with it. It soothes my skin like nothing else, but I wouldn't use it with Vitamin C. The particles of oat beta glucan are big. Even though there are study that show oat beta glucan can seep into deeper layer of skin, it takes time, and time will oxidize Vit C.

There was a study of beta glucan together with ginkgo biloba extract that good for contact allergy, which I have.

Abstract

The clinical efficiency of mitigating contact dermatitis with a Ginkgo biloba extract and carboxymethyl-beta-1,3-glucan formulation was investigated in a double-blind versus placebo study using 22 subjects (Caucasian women aged 22-55 years) with allergic contact dermatitis from various substances in the European standard series. The formulation was applied to intact skin 2X a day for 2 weeks ("in use" application) prior to a single application of a selected contact allergen under a Finn Chamber for 24 h. Readings were carried out in a blind study by a dermatologist 2 and 3 days after patch removal. Representative photographs were taken of treated, placebo and untreated test areas. 68.2% of the panelists showed significantly reduced skin reactivity (p = 0.037*) on the treated site 2 days after patch removal, versus untreated and/or placebo sites. This finding indicates that the Ginkgo biloba/carboxymethyl-beta-1,3-glucan formulation can mitigate against allergic contact dermatitis.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 10:21 am      Reply with quote
As I've completely run out now, I went back to Garden of Wisdom website, thinking I'll just buy multiple small 2oz bottles, regardless of extra cost. And... of course no stock left of the small bottles now either.

Anyone know anywhere at all online that liquid oat beta glucans is still available? I've googled with no result. I'm not much of a DIYer, but I really really like my mix of equal parts emu oil, SKB and oat beta glucans - which means of course I'll probably never find the oat beta glucans again....

Or is it possible to get it in some dried form and mix with water or other liquid?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 10:31 am      Reply with quote
appletini,

You may need to keep checking but Bulkactives also sells it they are just out of stock at the moment!

http://www.bulkactives.com/betaglucanoat.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Darkmoon.
The problem is everyone seems to be "out of stock" at the moment. I guess I'm going to have to send some emails inquiring when stock will be available...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 30, 2010 11:18 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Thanks, Darkmoon.
The problem is everyone seems to be "out of stock" at the moment. I guess I'm going to have to send some emails inquiring when stock will be available...

It sure seems there is a cog in the wheel of the supply chain? It could be a number of things so I won't even hazard a guess! hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 31, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
appletini--i just checked and GoW has the 2 oz in stock. i was contemplating on getting some more beta glucans to make my pearl cream but am too tired to formulate skin care these days. the site can be hard to navigate, so just use the search feature.

appletini wrote:
As I've completely run out now, I went back to Garden of Wisdom website, thinking I'll just buy multiple small 2oz bottles, regardless of extra cost. And... of course no stock left of the small bottles now either.

Anyone know anywhere at all online that liquid oat beta glucans is still available? I've googled with no result. I'm not much of a DIYer, but I really really like my mix of equal parts emu oil, SKB and oat beta glucans - which means of course I'll probably never find the oat beta glucans again....

Or is it possible to get it in some dried form and mix with water or other liquid?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted - can you maybe post me a link? I just checked again and it seems to be "back ordered". Maybe i'm missing something, as I do on occasion Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:05 am      Reply with quote
I've purchased this SymGlucan product from the herbarie in the past. Just a warning - it is more expensive than garden of wisdom's product.

http://www.theherbarie.com/SymGlucan-pr-418.html

I find GOW's search engine to be pretty useless. Here's a trick I use on sites that don't have a great search engine. In google, use the site: command followed by the web address and then enter your search terms. So, if I were searching for beta glucans from GOW, my search would be:

site:gardenofwisdom.com beta glucans
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I e-mailed GOW - and they don't know when they'll have more stock.

Have ordered some of the Symglucan from Herbarie. Hope i like it as had to order over US100 (min. international order) and that's without the shippping charges Shock
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:28 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I e-mailed GOW - and they don't know when they'll have more stock.

Have ordered some of the Symglucan from Herbarie. Hope i like it as had to order over US100 (min. international order) and that's without the shippping charges Shock

Whoa! I sure hope you like it after having to spend that much +shipping to try it out! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Good news for anyone needing a supplier for the oats beta glucan. Nanci at NCN Skincare is now selling it. That may be old news but I just discovered it.

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Good news for anyone needing a supplier for the oats beta glucan. Nanci at NCN Skincare is now selling it. That may be old news but I just discovered it.

New news for me, Skippie. Thanks for sharing it. Smile
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 am      Reply with quote
Ok! I know this is an old thread, but I just tried Oat Beta Gluan for the first time.

I mixed a bit of the OBG with water and and oil serum in my hand and applied to my face. Usually I would do this with aloe.

WOW! My skin feels super soft and hydrated. There is a distinct tingle that is different after I apply - feels like it is doing something.

I wanted to try this because some studies have shown that this molecule can penetrate the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for raising this question yet again, but does anyone know any new sources for liquid oat beta glucans?

I've been buying from NCN, but they no longer stock it - emailed them today and they confirmed will no longer be selling it. Sad

I'd be happy to buy from herbarie again, but now they don't ship international.

GOW still "currently unavailable".

My searches reveal that Skinactives and Bulk Actives have a powder version available, but I have reservations about the solubility, would prefer a liquid version.

Any suggestions?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Answering my own question, in case it's of use to others ...
I've found a US supplier who also ships international
http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item/Oat_Beta_Glucan/1156

Haven't received it yet, but apparently it's on the way.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 am      Reply with quote
As a follow-up, have received the oat beta glucans from the supplier above.

Not meant as a criticism, but it's definitely different in appearance/texture from what I've received before from NCN and GOW. It's a watery liquid with a layer of brownish sediment at the bottom (approx 20% of the height of the liquid, if that makes sense), whereas the previous liquid oat beta glucan I've bought has been a clear, slightly gel/ish liquid (with definitely no sediment).

Haven't used it yet, so can't comment on anything other than appearance. Just thought I'd mention, as I was the one to recommend the above source. Hmmm....
Panda1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:10 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
As a follow-up, have received the oat beta glucans from the supplier above.

Not meant as a criticism, but it's definitely different in appearance/texture from what I've received before from NCN and GOW. It's a watery liquid with a layer of brownish sediment at the bottom (approx 20% of the height of the liquid, if that makes sense), whereas the previous liquid oat beta glucan I've bought has been a clear, slightly gel/ish liquid (with definitely no sediment).

Haven't used it yet, so can't comment on anything other than appearance. Just thought I'd mention, as I was the one to recommend the above source. Hmmm....

I have seen this before. Did you shake it really well to see if the brown sediment would disperse? Another option is to warm gently and then mix to see if it will disperse. I used to use a lot of oat beta glucan, but the inconsistency of the liquid product kind of turned me off. Hope you can get it to work.
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Beta glucans are almost impossible to dissolve when used at somewhat meaningful concentrations (like 1%). I don't even try to make them go clear, it just wastes time that could be better spent on other efforts. Rolling Eyes
If you still wish to heat the mud soup up, keep in mind that glucans are a bit heat sensitive, keep the heat under 60-70 degrees (Celsius). However, I should say that at that temperature they never change their appearance. And as said, at higher temperature they are destroyed.
I just heat them up a bit and then use a thickener like xanthan or even normal hyaluronic acid to suspend the glucan particles and keep them from sedimenting. Looks ugly, but works for me.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your comments, panda and jazzi. I don't know much about how liquid oat beta glucans products are processed, nothing in fact. I just was hoping to buy a product similar to what I've got from GOW, NCN and Herbarie before, which this one is definitely not.

Of course, it's only a guess of mine, but it looks like it might be the dry version simply mixed in water. Jazzi's description as "mud soup" is actually very accurate Smile
jazzi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I have no idea how some manufacturers manage to get their glucans clear and pretty, maybe it's a different concentration or something. I prefer the dry powder anyway, way cheaper, doesn't spoil and I can decide the strength. I think GOW had 1% strength, which is barely enough.
Don't be discouraged by the ugliness, it works just as nicely. Though, just water and glucan gives a very runny result, it's liquid as hell and hard to apply anywhere. I think the pre-mixed versions are thickened up as well, so I really, really recommend to add something that gives the whole thing some sort of shape. I usually just add a tiny bit xanthan gum and the mud soup turns into a wonderful snot-like gel.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
Update. GOW now has stock again of the liquid oat beta glucans, and have ordered a few bottles. Happy happy, as have spent much time searching/trying to buy this stuff Very Happy
zoey900

Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I've bought an bottle of the liquid oat beta glucans from GOW. But I'm not completely sure how you should apply it. Do you need to mix it with water or can you apply it as it is?

Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |