Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

TENS Unit for Face?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jjbeacham
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Hi all! I have used the NuFace in the past. I am not sure if I had some results with NuFace, or if I was merely wishing it were so. However, I do have a brand new TENS-Unit that I purchased for my husband's back. He doesn't like the idea and won't use it, so I was wondering if anyone had used a TENS on the face. Is that a completely silly idea? I'm more than willing to give it a try. Since the NuFace is the only micro-current device I have ever used, any information would be much appreciated!

JJ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to add that if I use the TENS, it would be used with the Facial Electrodes. Has anyone used a TENS unit this way? I did a search, but only found a few people who actually used the pads on the face. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
TENS is for pain management, not muscle stimulation, it won't work and might numb your face.
P

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:29 am      Reply with quote
photoqueen wrote:
TENS is for pain management, not muscle stimulation, it won't work and might numb your face.
P

PQ, I completely trust your expertise in this area. I did buy the TENS Unit for pain management originally. And I purchased the facial electrodes when I bought the unit itself. http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensElectrodeAndWire/FacialElectrode.asp

So these facial electrodes are probably for pain management also, correct? This company also sells "breast massager" electrodes - YIKES! - to make the breasts firm and tight ( http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensElectrodeAndWire/BreastMassager.asp ). I did NOT purchase the electrodes for the breasts; I'm not that brave. Laughing However, I was hoping the facial electrodes were capable of being used to do the same thing for the face.

Thanks, PQ! Back to the NuFace to give it another go. ~ JJ

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
jjbeacham wrote:
photoqueen wrote:
P

PQ, I completely trust your expertise in this area. I did buy the TENS Unit for pain management originally. And I purchased the facial electrodes when I bought the unit itself. http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensElectrodeAndWire/FacialElectrode.asp

So these facial electrodes are probably for pain management also, correct? This company also sells "breast massager" electrodes - YIKES! - to make the breasts firm and tight ( http://www.ib3health.com/products/TensElectrodeAndWire/BreastMassager.asp ). I did NOT purchase the electrodes for the breasts; I'm not that brave. Laughing However, I was hoping the facial electrodes were capable of being used to do the same thing for the face.

Thanks, PQ! Back to the NuFace to give it another go. ~ JJ

JJ - thanks for the link - you are right - this TENS is a hybrid and does deliver EMS - quote from site:

EMS-A(Alternation), EMS-S (Synchronous)

If you use the EMS on the TENS rather than these settings, which deliver the TENS output for pain management:

TENS-B(Burst), TENS-M(Modulation), TENS-C(Continuous)

Hope this helps.

PQ

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
PQ, that helps enormously! Thank you very much. ~ JJ

Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have an EMS TENS Machine and found small round pads on EBay that you can use on your face... my face tightened up in weeks and after using it for 5 minutes a day for 2 months, I look 20 years younger. I no longer look 67 but look closer to late 30's and early 40's ..... I just had to find these really small round pads on Ebay and I was able to use the machine on my face. All muscles are tightened up and elasticity has returned completely ... took a couple of times to find the right settings for myself.
You must also be using the EMS settings to get to work with the facial muscles ...
piscesgirlrenee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Maabbusgeo, what size pads do you use? Also, do you use 2 pads at a time, 4, etc. And where do you place them? Do you use then on your neck? I saw your post and looked up the specs on my TENS unit, and I was happy to see that it is also an EMS unit. This was great for me because I have SO many gadgets and I really don't need to buy a new one; I can totally justify buying some pads, though. Please give more details when you can. Sorry for so many questions... Anxious. Thanks!
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:53 am      Reply with quote
maabbusgeo wrote:
I have an EMS TENS Machine and found small round pads on EBay that you can use on your face... my face tightened up in weeks and after using it for 5 minutes a day for 2 months, I look 20 years younger. I no longer look 67 but look closer to late 30's and early 40's ..... I just had to find these really small round pads on Ebay and I was able to use the machine on my face. All muscles are tightened up and elasticity has returned completely ... took a couple of times to find the right settings for myself.
You must also be using the EMS settings to get to work with the facial muscles ...

Hi, thanks for that info. Which EMS TENS Machine do you have? TIA.
marklion81

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
maabbusgeo wrote:

Can you be more specific on how you actually did it? I'm willing to try since you had amazing results. I'm curious on where you put the pads and for how long? I'm using a magic masage and can buy those pads on ebay. Thanks a bunch
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know whether it is safe to use the TENS on your face? Certainly you should not put it on your neck near the carotid artery. I have a device that I use before I go to bed for bone pain

It should help actives get into the skin which would help wrinkles.
howInteresting
5% products discount

Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
sharky2, they're using the EMS setting on their TENS units.

I thought Philip upthread said that the EMS setting was okay for the face? Does your warning about avoiding the carotid artery apply even with EMS?
sharky2
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Both TENS and muscle stimulation (EMS)use electrical impulses. They use very low currents but below is the FDA statement on safety:
The FDA mandates that EMS manuals prominently display contraindication, warnings, precautions and adverse reactions, including: no use for wearer of pacemaker; no use on vital parts, such as carotid sinus nerves, across the chest, or across the brain; caution in the use during pregnancy, menstruation, and other particular conditions that may be affected by muscle contractions; potential adverse effects include skin irritations and burns.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |