Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

weleda skin food miracle saver for lips and legs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
I thought this was a supplement at first, but it's a lotion, right? Is the texture very thick? Can it be used on the face? I'm looking for a good moisturizing body lotion actually.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it's a thick lotion/balm that can be used on face or body. Smile I find if you warm it in your hands it "melts" and is easy to spread anywhere.

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Ooooo feet!! That seems like an excellent idea DarkMoon! My feet have been feeling everything less than soft lately. I even have these hard rough bits under them. Hard as rocks :P yuck My boyfriend loves my feet but I“ve been hiding them because they look good but their skin feels dry and hard when I touch it Sad(((
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Ooooo feet!! That seems like an excellent idea DarkMoon! My feet have been feeling everything less than soft lately. I even have these hard rough bits under them. Hard as rocks :P yuck My boyfriend loves my feet but I“ve been hiding them because they look good but their skin feels dry and hard when I touch it Sad(((

Oh it works wonders on that hard dry skin, I like to scrape off the dead skin after a shower and slather this on under socks then head for bed, my feet are so smooth and soft come morning I just love how much better they look and feel. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply DarkMoon Smile What do you use to scrape off the rough skin?

xxx
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
lisocas wrote:
Thanks for your reply DarkMoon Smile What do you use to scrape off the rough skin?

xxx

I have a double sided flat long handled rough pumice type tool for in the shower or tub (bought at Sally's) and I also own a ped egg that works great for me. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
Weleda Skin Food saved me during a week long ski trip to Tahoe last month. I live in humid South Florida and usually don't use any type of cream on my face after washing it before going to bed. So aside from my daytime SPF moisturizer, I didn't take any facial moisturizer with me. After the first night, I realized what a mistake that was! I woke up with the beginning of the flakies. Luckily I had thought to put my sample size of Skin Food into my make up bag "just in case". I put a thin layer on every night before going to sleep and had NO more issues with dry skin for the rest of the trip.
I was also using a different make up that was a bit drying (ColorStay by Revlon - I usually use minerals, but wanted something with more staying power). And even with that, Weleda really helped to keep my skin balanced and happy. Very Happy

It's not something I would use every night, but it's great for when my skin is a bit dry or unhappy for whatever reason.

And I happen to really like the smell! For me it's a very natural, herbal, aromatherapy type of scent.
Lishmay

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
This stuff saved my face this winter. Between the cold, dry air and Retin-A my skin was so sore. This is thick, at first I was concerned about breaking out but it never happened. I find I don't need it during the warmer months, but I never thought of using it on my feet...
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Lishmay wrote:
This stuff saved my face this winter. Between the cold, dry air and Retin-A my skin was so sore. This is thick, at first I was concerned about breaking out but it never happened. I find I don't need it during the warmer months, but I never thought of using it on my feet...

LOL If you have any spot with dry skin this stuff is miraculous at moisturising and softening it! I use it everywhere, well almost! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:38 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't say I have super dry skin but definitely on the much dryer side so i thought when using this it might be TOO emollient and make me break out.
Well,about 5 weeks ago i started using this cream on my face only(i bought their pomegranate hand cream for my hands which i am also loving)and my skin has improved immensly! It's as if it has fed my skin what it has been missing and normalized it in a sense. It even lessened the minor breakouts I was annoyingly having and simply made me look a hell of a lot better.
I think as we age dryness is an all round problem (we shrivel up- everywhere! Laughing)
I was blown away after all the natural and not so natural creams I have tried over the years that this worked out to be the best result.
I tried it after seeing a magazine article claiming makeup artists at the big fashion shows were using on the models and they were loving it and I try to stick to chemical fee and/or organic skin products..
I predict this will become the new natural alternative to Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream Wink

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:23 am      Reply with quote
where do you buy this? Can you get it at CVS?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
I think I will pick one too mainly to save my dry hands. Hopefully it will work.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 am      Reply with quote
Really work for spot ?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
a great product for use in winter time
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:46 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
where do you buy this? Can you get it at CVS?

You can buy from EDS. Large and smaller tubes available.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/weleda-skin-food---small-p_9962.htm

I have also seen it available in health food sections of grocery stores.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:47 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |