Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suntegrity BB cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tuberosa

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm using this BB cream too; it is my first tube. I have mixed feelings for it. Well, at first, I liked it. Not quite now.

This cream is as cosmetically elegant as a tinted moisturizer. It blends very well on skin. I have medium skin tone but am using the "light" version. The "medium" gives me a fake tan look.

I have oily skin but need to deal with dry flakes from using Differin. I thought that the rich texture of Suntegrity would help but I was wrong... it feels greasy and creamy but dry zones on my face just don't get moisturized. The flakes on my lower cheeks are actually accentuated. About 2 hours after application, oily zones on my face are shining like fry pan Confused

It's a shame that it doesn't work for me.
Cat_eyes
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to ask a dumb question. WHat the heck is BB cream. I see its sunscreen; but does it mean anything else? For instance, is it a particular type? I wasn't going to ask but I'm seeing it everywhere.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Cat_eyes wrote:
I'm going to ask a dumb question. WHat the heck is BB cream. I see its sunscreen; but does it mean anything else? For instance, is it a particular type? I wasn't going to ask but I'm seeing it everywhere.

here's a thread which, I think, may have explained what BB means: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=46370

Hope that helps
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Good news for those of us too pale to wear Suntegrity LIGHT 5-in-1. Tricia said she is working on a lighter shade for us. Meanwhile, the regular Suntegrity SS is great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 02, 2013 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh Great!! I will try ..
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 10:48 am      Reply with quote
I have been using a light sample of this and have been liking it. An issue I usually have with physical sunscreens is they dry me out quite easily (I have usually balanced skin with a tendency towards dryness)...this one has not given me this problem.

The coverage is light, but this is all that I want, a wee bit of evening out, nothing made up.

I have been using this in light, and although it looks dark it blends nicely into my own skin colour.
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 10, 2013 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
lamicuz wrote:
I have been using a light sample of this and have been liking it. An issue I usually have with physical sunscreens is they dry me out quite easily (I have usually balanced skin with a tendency towards dryness)...this one has not given me this problem.

The coverage is light, but this is all that I want, a wee bit of evening out, nothing made up.

I have been using this in light, and although it looks dark it blends nicely into my own skin colour.

tried the Light and it was too dark -
and it was too drying anyway --
then, i was sent some Regular to mix with the
Light but it still was too dark --
oh well
Kath91
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 29, 2013 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Kath91 wrote:
Thanks for your excellent review. I'm so happy you've found one that's compatible with your skin and your needs. I plan on trying it based primarily on what you wrote. I've tried SO many different brands (last/current: Shiseido oil-free UV protection SPF 42, which glitters on my skin and that bothers me) Knowing that there are new FDA rulings on SS products I wanted to quickly search out what I'm now supposed to be looking for in terms of SPF. Which lead me first to
hhtp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunscreen

and a particular comment in the whopping (but informative with research notes), 16 page overview of what's been tested and what's not been tested: "For total protection against damage from the sun, the skin needs to be protected from UVA, UVB and IRA (infrared light). Roughly 35% of solar energy is IRA." Then made a subsequent link to
http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2010/15.4//2.html

I don't remember any of the SS products I ever used or use had anything listed about IRA. Maybe those products don't even exist in the marketplace.
But, again, I am very eager to contact Suntegrity for a sample of the Tinted Face Sunscreen. I loved to hear how much you liked it. All the pros and not any cons.

edited to correct and update

it was brought to my attention some time ago..er-r-r...long time ago... that the first link ^^ to the issue of IRA and the one that introduced to me my first concerns about IRA protection should have been
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunscreen

At any rate, despite
time lapsed in correcting the link (sorry, took so long, kept forgetting Embarassed ),
to date,
I still haven't found one SS product that helps protect against UVA, UVB and IRA Crying or Very sad
cali1979
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like BB cream.I know there's CC now.It just like
an idea product.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Update: Unfortunately, the Suntegrity suncreens do not perform well in a very humid climate (94%). I have combination skin and the suncreen made my face look greasy and shiny Confused

It was ok when I lived in a drier climate.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an email from Tricia at SunTegrity that "we decided to make a Fair color which is a cross between our Light and our regular face sunscreen/primer (the white one)."

Im not affiliated with SunTegrity in any way but I love their customer service and mission.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:02 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I just got an email from Tricia at SunTegrity that "we decided to make a Fair color which is a cross between our Light and our regular face sunscreen/primer (the white one)."

Im not affiliated with SunTegrity in any way but I love their customer service and mission.

Agreed what you wrote, love their customer service and mission.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |