Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I used it. For me, It made me white, but it made me dry.
yoyo-mami
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
It made my skin more sensitive.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
... and I do get a slight tingly sensation when I first apply which I think is a good thing. I use it around my eyes several times a week with no problems also.

I would expect a little bit tingling in the beginning as this formulation is even more stimulating than Cellex-c VC serum, theoretically. But, if you can use it around the eyes and has no problem, I guess it might not be that stimulating than I thought...
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone happen to try both Celluarskin-rx vitamin C and this one? I am wondering which one is better...
janegd
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:27 am      Reply with quote
mt demologist suggested me to use it,and i tried one sample, but somehow, i feel it is obsorbed too slowly, does it happen the same to you girls too?
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have just ran out of my Cellularskin-rx C+ Firming Serum and after reading this review, it is now in my shopping cart ready to be ordered. It does seem awfully expensive but the way I look at it is if it does its job, its certainly worth it as we only have one face and need to look after it!
miss anna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I've used it and I like it because I prefer a cream or lotion to the watery serums like Skinceuticals. It's got quite a few different C ingredients. I also like their retinol complex.
acquas
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing your experiences!!Vitamin c is very unstable, it is the pests'reproductive evolrtion fluorid. Exclamation
Lei
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Thank you to share your experiences. Laughing
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:38 am      Reply with quote
Although I have heard so many good things about this product, I am relucant to give up my Skinceuticals C E Ferlic as it has given stunning results.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
pal wrote:
Although I have heard so many good things about this product, I am relucant to give up my Skinceuticals C E Ferlic as it has given stunning results.

I'm reluctant too, but my bottle has already turned amber- I've had it for about a week and its been in the refrigerator. I really don't like that it's so unstable.

I think I might try Skinmedica out.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:

I'm reluctant too, but my bottle has already turned amber- I've had it for about a week and its been in the refrigerator. I really don't like that it's so unstable.

It sounds like you may have gotten a bad bottle. I have had mine for over 6 months in the fridge, and it has yet to turn color!
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
LondonJamie wrote:

It sounds like you may have gotten a bad bottle. I have had mine for over 6 months in the fridge, and it has yet to turn color!

Yes probably. I picked it up from Harrods- it may have been old stock? Meh.

Curent Regime: Cosmetic Skin Solutions CE Ferulic and Phloretin/ Revale Intensive Serum / NIA 24 Intensive Recovery Complex cream / Jojoba and Squalane oils / Avene Emulsion SPF 50 & Prevage City Smart SPF 50 / Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0/ Dermaroller / Facial exercises
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
LondonJamie wrote:

That is a shame. Can you return it?
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
LondonJamie wrote:

That is a shame. Can you return it?

Nope, they have a no return policy Mad

They stock SC at HQ-Hair so I may go there, and ask if its new stock. I guess I'll have to be forward and say that I will return it if its not clear when I open it....not looking forward to that :/

arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't use the Skinceutical Vit C (which has the L ascorbyl version of Vit C) because of its acidity. I wonder if this one is as acidity?

I'm also a little concerned about Ascorbic Acid in a formulation as it is unstable. But if it works for you all, then it mustn't really matter.
LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody know where they stock the SkinMedica C complex in the UK? I'm having trouble even finding a website that I can order from Confused

TIA.

LondonJamie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:04 am      Reply with quote
So I can't find anywhere in England that stocks SM Vit C serum. I've got a long list of stockists in London but none of them stock this serum, but have the rest of the range.... very strange.

Anywho, I know EDS stocks this, but I am in the UK. Does anybody from EDS forums order from the UK?
alorsondanse

Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:33 am      Reply with quote
While I'm waiting for my order of this to arrive - do you think it would be OK for me to layer this under SkinCeutical's Retinol (0.5%) night cream or would that be overkill? (was also planning on using this at night instead of AM) Confused
joyuii
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:21 am      Reply with quote
It makes the skin feel supple and bright. Like the texture as well.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Skinmedica makes such good formulations and this one is no exception.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |