Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone combining face exercises and microcurrent toning?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
rejuvenator89

Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

My second post Smile I'm starting a face yoga routine and I'm thinking of purchasing a microcurrent device like Nuface Trinity.

Trinity does a "workout" for the face muscles right? Probably along other benefits too.

Is there a risk of overworking my face if I do both face exercises and microcurrent device? How would you combine these?
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I have no idea about the newface trinity so i cannot speak to that exact MC (if it is in fact MC), but i do get beautiful image MC treatments and have for about 3 or 4 years now. I also (as of a month ago) started doing lou lou's ageless face exercises.
I did flex effect for many years then stopped when i found microcurrent 'cause i no longer needed the face exercises - but now i'm older and hormones are dropping and i'm feeling that although the microcurrent is still good and effective, i could stand to use it every 3-4 weeks instead of every 5-7 weeks, and i don't like being so dependent on a machine to look good.... so i now supplement with Lou Lou's program (it's quick and easy and effective) so far, i really like the combination, but i am going on my 7th week since my last MC treatment ...i'm guessing when i get a treatment next week i'll only do lou's work 1 or 2 times that week and slowly build as the weeks go on....i don't know, i'm just making it up - what i'm thinking is that the face excercise is really helping to maintain the cheek muscles that keep the face lifted, and the MC (along with the lift) is building collagen in other areas of my face that the exercise isn't hitting...
As i said, i don't know about the nuface, off the top of my head i recall it being mediocre and not true MC, but i could be wrong and don't have time to look it up...okay, that was a long answer, hope it makes sense
one last thing - i've been eating super clean - juicing and green smoothies - and i think think this has really helped everything to work at it's optimum
rejuvenator89

Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Moongoddess! Any particular microcurrent device you would suggest? What I recall reading from this forum is that Nuface Trinity is quite popular and recommended by many and I have an understanding that it is true microcurrent with 400 mAmp current.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Okay I train people in facial exercises, and have worked with many people who combined microcurrent devices and facial exercises but did so sensibly.

There is a major danger when starting out of overdoing things. The reason being is that facial exercises does one thing, and usually microcurrent does something else. You see microcurrent is fantastic for building up the neurokinetics and general toning, but when it comes to strength and building muscle its relatively unable to do so because (1) it takes the muscle through a partial range of motion and not the complete full range that a muscle needs and (2) there is little to any resistance. The microcurrent causes the muscle fibres to contract (which is great), but it doesn’t actually tear down the fibres (which you need to do to build them up stronger). There are some exercises which require you to do movement and I know I’ve shown a few clients how to use a microcurrent device to accelerate those exercises.

So my advice to you would be to focus solely on one or the other for at least 6 months. You see during that time you will learn the exercises/device and have enough time to put it to good use before you decide to incorporate the other technique.

Sean

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Facial exercises – depending on the program used, should and can hit every muscle group on the face but also every area. Just because an area doesn’t have muscle does’t mean you can’t stimulate connective tissue, skin etc to an area and build collagen, elastin etc - far from it. It is very interesting as about 2 years ago people were making a lot of comments that part of the reason for my success was due to the fact I was using remodelling agents like CPs and Retin A etc and that if it wasn’t for those my skin would be a lot older. So it prompted me to stop all of that and people who have seen me and come to me for sessions tell me that my skin still looks good and that my face hasn’t aged (a common comment I get). I haven’t used any remodelling agents since that time because I was determined to prove them wrong and stuck only to working out and I’ve been very pleased with the results.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I did Flexeffect for 9 years before I bought a microcurrent device (Pico), and my face responded right away to the microcurrent.
I feel that I know my face better because of exercising it, and it makes it easier to treat my own face with Pico.
I have over the years fell out of a consistent routine, but when I exercise just one time, my cheeks lift more than with the microcurrent.
I think it's muscle memory.
The reason I fell off my FE routine was boredom. I wondering if the newest version of FE is different enough for me to get recommitted again.
For me, microcurrent and FE are great when used together.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:03 am      Reply with quote
You know I’m not against microcurrent at all – and I met Tina Richards one time and her knowledge and face really impressed me, but I also observed she too had her head on in the sense that she wasn’t in the dark that microcurrent alone is the answer – and also stressed a good diet and skincare too.

With aging, its not just about muscles, but skin, bone, connective tissue – these all have to be examined and looked at. So whereas microcurrent may be great for muscles, I’ve not seen anything yet suggesting it can impact bone and stop its diminishment which is a major thing for aging.

As to if the newest version is different enough for you to get recommitted again, I’d say you may actually enjoy it. It offers two choices of doing resistance exercises (which aren’t just about muscle, but bone, connective tissue, skin etc) but also techniques for going directly after the bone too. Will this compliment what you are doing with the pico absolutely. However there are different goals or targets if you like that you need to consider in the journey of how you choose to age.

I don't have any studies to support the idea that they can be used together (sorry I know there are people who give opinions and experience no substance) but ca la vie!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |