Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ruth Marion..Facial Exercise & argirelene?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ruth.
It seems you use the argirelene products and also do facial exercises.
I have just started with a argirelene product and wanted to check with you to see if you've found any conflict between the 2 routines. Judy mentioned in a pm that the nerve ending close to the skin are affected rather than the whole muscle as in botox. This makes sense.
Do you just spot treat or do you use the product all over?
I've had good results from exercise too and would love your input on these 2 together.
Anyone else, feel free to comment too. Smile
Thanks.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I can't see any contra-indication of doing both the exercising & using the argirelene. In fact I can only think that they compliment each other.
When I use the ADCE (or Esther's Secret or any product with argirelene) I first dab some on my problem spots & then massage & tap/press it in really well. Then I let that settle & put more product lightly over my whole face.

As a sideline on the facial exercises, while they have worked for me I think I was getting overly confident. At first I did everything in front of a mirror & once I had "mastered" my favourites I just did them anywhere. Well I can see now that I have really been squinting whilst not in front of the mirror & have slid a little down the scale of wrinklessness (new word). I know that I can fix it but you know it's funny the suggestions at the beginning of the tapes? (like watch yourself do them & do the SLOWLY) make alot of sense. Imagine that!
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ruth.
Yes, it's true about the mirror and that bit about doing them slowly. If I release slowly too, I seem to get more of a feeling of the muscle. Don't always have time to do this though. God with all the things I have to do at night, it's almost a job in itself.
It's good to hear that the facial exercise & the argirelene are working well together. I had instant firmness with the argirelene at first but then I got loss of tone which I think was unrelated to the argirelene. I started smearing SkinBiology's Super Cop all over my face & one of the symptoms of overuse is sagginess. Confused Wasn't quite sure what was going on but you calmed my fears. Thanks again. Smile
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share some insights I learned here re Argirelene. One of the things its often touted as being is a cosmetic alternative to botox. I hate that comparison but it did perk my interest. One of the things that it does is that it prevents muscles from contracting, rather than encouraging them to relax.

Now at first glance that sounds like a great thing, but and here is what I've found whilst doing facial exercises, if you are doing them and using argirelene - it can sometimes inhibit your ability to contract the muscle fully and completely. It won't stop it entirely, but you may just notice that your contractions aren't as strong as they were prior to using it.

That’s the only thing I want to share here in that discussion. I know some people swear by it and used the combo of both.

There's a brilliant post on Truth in Aging: https://www.truthinaging.com/review/argireline-what-it-does-and-how-it-works

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, just to say that argirelene and facial exercises together sounds good. Temporary wrinkling isn't creasing in the skin, it's an ageing, misshapen muscle pulling the skin into wrinkles. It's like squeezing a sponge, eventually it looks a bit lumpy and misshapen. Exercise teaches it to snap back into a youthful shape, but argirelene would help improve your short-term appearance by preventing the muscle from contracting, because the less you squeeze the muscle between exercise sessions the better.

Botox doesn't usually combine with exercise, but someone could, say, have several weeks of exercise followed by a few weeks of Botox

Loulou

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Didnt we read somewhere that argirelene causes sagging? Please advice..

Lot of people ahve reported sagging from argirelene..

Thanks
Mansi
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:36 am      Reply with quote
Take a look at the link I posted, as that talks about the sagging too.

My initial thoughts are that the two aren't an ideal combo because it causes the muscle to be unable to fully contract - but I know quite a few people who use it and facial exercises and swear by it. Whilst looking at the science it seems to suggest to me they aren't an ideal combo I can't argue with those who get good results from using both.
mansi123 wrote:
Didnt we read somewhere that argirelene causes sagging? Please advice..

Lot of people ahve reported sagging from argirelene..

Thanks
Mansi

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |